The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, Trogdor said:

The worst thing about Calum was during Covid when I had to watch streams and he literally hyperventilated when the opposition were in our half. He also had no idea what was happening... Dobbie with a phenomenal shot there and it was like a pass back. I quickly discovered the mute button. I don't watch the "press conferences" because of his asinine questioning.

I don't know how to describe this technically but I remember complaining after the first game (Annan I think) because I was adamant that it was him getting overexcited that crashed the stream.  

it would be fine (well) in safe possession and then someone would make a forward pass of any description and he'd be orgasming and the stream would instantly go down.  

17 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Let's wait to the end of the window and see where we are.

I don't see how anyone can have a go on the 18th of August for a mini injury crisis that can happen to any club at anytime.

If there's a positive to be had, at least the window's still open for replacements to be identified and brought in.

Dempsey has been derided by some on here, let's see if we miss him or not.

I would be more concerned if fans weren't asking questions right now as it would be cult like. It's some laugh to finish second last season and end up in our currentl state of disrepair? Employing a team comprising staff like recruitment managers , sports science should buy you some sort of stability and mitigate for some of the issues that can crop up. If you also consider our style of play its perhaps worth asking questions as to whether this team provide greater value than running with McCalls methods.

The current injury issues can happen to anyone but those with a properly built squad and plan are able to withstand better. As you say there is still time so lets hope dsome of the Dipo cash finds it's way into the squad. At least we know the next time a random head scratching  interview appears it's a pr exercise to couch some  bad news about to appear

6 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I would be more concerned if fans weren't asking questions right now as it would be cult like. It's some laugh to finish second last season and end up in our currentl state of disrepair? Employing a team comprising staff like recruitment managers , sports science should buy you some sort of stability and mitigate for some of the issues that can crop up. If you also consider our style of play its perhaps worth asking questions as to whether this team provide greater value than running with McCalls methods.

The current injury issues can happen to anyone but those with a properly built squad and plan are able to withstand better. As you say there is still time so lets hope dsome of the Dipo cash finds it's way into the squad. At least we know the next time a random head scratching  interview appears it's a pr exercise to couch some  bad news about to appear

I think you should remember it’s Ayr United you’re talking about not Arsenal or City . It’s baby steps we are taking out of the darkness and we’ll get there , road bumps and all . 

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

We haven't been linked with anyone (except Stanger) that we've signed tbh. 

Yeah, just that on this occasion he has been linked to several other clubs but we clearly keep things well hidden. 

Anyway - signing now please, getting bored waiting!

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

No.

It's the hope that keeps you going only to have your world come crashing down with a short sharp two letter response which kills all our dreams stone dead in their tracks.......