The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Airdrie showing us what happens when you don’t just turn up expecting to lose…

Yup.  Them and Morton making a day of it.   Us being easily and boringly and very very predictably beat.    Really depressing season this 

Was a free hit for us today although can’t help but wonder why Amartey wasn’t starting today. He didn’t offer a great deal of support to his full back last week and Livingston’s wing backs are obviously a big part of how they play but I thought Amartey might’ve helped out by pushing their wing back on that side back a bit and get us up the pitch. With Amartey and now Chalmers at the club and hopefully one of Murphy or McGeady fit there is no real reason why we should be seeing McKenzie or Ashford shunted out wide when it doesn’t suit them. 

A 4-2-3-1 is probably what we’re best suited to now with Rose supported by McGeady, Chalmers and Amartey in a pretty fluid formation where they can link up and move about. Hopefully we can get another centre mid in to replace Dempsey and Murdoch and a challenger for Reading. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was a free hit for us today although can’t help but wonder why Amartey wasn’t starting today. He didn’t offer a great deal of support to his full back last week and Livingston’s wing backs are obviously a big part of how they play but I thought Amartey might’ve helped out by pushing their wing back on that side back a bit and get us up the pitch. With Amartey and now Chalmers at the club and hopefully one of Murphy or McGeady fit there is no real reason why we should be seeing McKenzie or Ashford shunted out wide when it doesn’t suit them. 

A 4-2-3-1 is probably what we’re best suited to now with Rose supported by McGeady, Chalmers and Amartey in a pretty fluid formation where they can link up and move about. Hopefully we can get another centre mid in to replace Dempsey and Murdoch and a challenger for Reading. 

Yeah, fully agreed. 

Ideally we can bring in another full back that can play either side as it looks like McAllister is going to be first choice for a while and we can’t do another season of that. 

Just now, Thumper said:

Loser mentality.

Because it was a "free hit".

A free hit doesn’t mean you drop players who have been playing well. This game will have very little bearing on our overall season but according to some who were there it was a promising performance so I’ll take that. 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Yup.  Them and Morton making a day of it.   Us being easily and boringly and very very predictably beat.    Really depressing season this 

It's a bit early for that talk. We've just signed Chalmers and could have another couple of decent signings on the way. 

Losing away to a decent Premier side when we've just lost our Midfield and are also without arguably our best player is certainly not grounds for writing off the entire season ahead.

Just now, WATTOO said:

It's a bit early for that talk. We've just signed Chalmers and could have another couple of decent signings on the way. 

Losing away to a decent Premier side when we've just lost our Midfield and are also without arguably our best player is certainly not grounds for writing off the entire season ahead.

No but the terrible play style, lack of goal threat, garbage wing backs is

Didn't go today because of Bullens habit of not taking cup games seriously. I don't want to spend money to then turn up to see he's giving fringe players a run out. 

Saw the line-up and thought yep, narrow defeat. 

If anyone went up there expecting a win today, they must be pretty raging.  

Be interested to hear views on the game from anyone who was there.  Jane Lewis on Sportsound made it sound like we didn’t lay a glove on them.  

I think the club have a massive week to ten days coming up. The bookies had us second favourites to be relegated, and with Dempsey and Murdoch out long term (presumably), it’s hard to argue with that.  Chalmers is a cracking signing, but, really, we still need to strengthen a lot.  

3 minutes ago, OneTeamInAyrsh1re said:

No but the terrible play style, lack of goal threat, garbage wing backs is

It was a makeshift team today so was surely no surprise ?

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Bit much calling it that, not like it was padded out with youth players.

A RB and a couple of decent CM's and our poor squad will suddenly look a good squad, especially when Murphy is back and Rose, McGeady and Chalmers are up to speed.

1 minute ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

It was a make shift team last two weeks

I agree and we were still good enough to take the 3 points off Inverness, so maybe we're not doomed to relegation just yet....

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

A RB and a couple of decent CM's and our poor squad will suddenly look a good squad, especially when Murphy is back and Rose, McGeady and Chalmers are up to speed.

I'm not sure Murdoch and Dempsey would have made that much difference today. Sounds like the game went exactly as I expected it to. Pre and post bombshell injury news.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We’re not signing a new RB. McAllister isn’t good enough to be starting so we need to hope Ahui improves or it’ll be Watret. 

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Agreed can’t see us bringing in another right back tho. We’ll give McAllister and the loan boy a chance. If they’re not up to it perhaps in Jan we may see another right back. 

2 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Agreed can’t see us bringing in another right back tho. We’ll give McAllister and the loan boy a chance. If they’re not up to it perhaps in Jan we may see another right back. 

In a game where Bullen gave players a start for game time, he didn't play the new right back, a guy so out of the picture I can't remember what his name is without checking. 

I can see him missing his mum and dog around September time and never being seen again.