The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

McGeady on Open Goal this week - only listened to part of it but quite interesting when talking about his role at us. 

And yes - someone already in the Twitter comments slaughtering him as he should be concentrating on playing 😂

And now we know it was McGeady who got us Senga on loan. 

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is he not still living abroad after leaving his last club? 

Not sure, he was here plying in the Masters in Sunday so probably heading back to wherever he stays. 

Just now, callum-ayr said:

And now we know it was McGeady who got us Senga on loan. 

Not sure, he was here plying in the Masters in Sunday so probably heading back to wherever he stays. 

Haha, yes we do…

Interesting how that one turns out, though I don’t see him playing much in his actual position as a defensive midfielder. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Watching Open goal just now, from about 45 minutes in. It's been quite interesting so far, the other 3 have been quite engaged and not made any puerile jokes during McGeadys bit talking about the club. 

Yeah, you can see as discussed at the time how he will have a positive impact over time. He should also be part of the coaching staff to get the most out of this though IMO. 

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Even if we lose an early goal on Friday the place can’t turn poisonous - given our lack of experience it just basically guarantees us collapsing. They have no chance if they are slaughtered every time they give the ball away, it just leads to them not trying anything and retreating into their shells. 

Pish. But a useful preview of Bullen's chat after another 4-0 hosing.

Absolutely nothing about this club is unpredictable right now.

On 02/02/2022 at 08:25, Sortmeout said:

Ayr fans were as easily sucked in and had their knickers down by a few sweet comments by Mathie at the very start, in much the same way as I used to promise the Ayr birds the world in Madisons or Club De Mar back in the good old days and then disappoint them when it came to actually producing a good performance once I got them up the road.

As an aside, are both of these nightclubs closed down or is it just two new clubs with different names? Was down in Ayr a couple of weeks ago and walked around that way. I can see the names have changed but I wasn’t sure if the new places were actual nightclubs or just pubs/venues? 

Did tell you that Mathie was going to promise a lot but deliver little.

Only took you guys 18 months to cotton on.

Maybe Ayr should employ a Kilmarnock fan to a position of power within the club and that way you might actually achieve some success. 

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

Pish. But a useful preview of Bullen's chat after another 4-0 hosing.

Absolutely nothing about this club is unpredictable right now.

It’s pish not to abuse the players every touch as soon as we go 1-0 down?! 

It is weird behaviour that should be reserved for old roasters. 

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It’s pish not to abuse the players every touch as soon as we go 1-0 down?!

It's pish to use that as an excuse for the current situation. The team are pish whether the fans have their backs or not.

Get the whole squad out on the sauce and get absolutely wrecked - at least they will then have a laugh together, make some memories and maybe make a few connections within the squad.

Obviously there are many more politically correct alternatives as far as team bonding is concerned.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

It's pish to use that as an excuse for the current situation. The team are pish whether the fans have their backs or not.

When did I use it as an excuse?

We are pish, we will lose but we will be pisher and get pumped to a greater extent if people get on young boys backs. 

I have no idea how you think I used it an excuse. It is entirely on the club that they signed so much inexperience in vital positions, but that’s the situation we are in. 

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Get the whole squad out on the sauce and get absolutely wrecked - at least they will then have a laugh together, make some memories and maybe make a few connections within the squad.

Obviously there are many more politically correct alternatives as far as team bonding is concerned.

Whilst there are merits to team building, given the run harder mantra we are being fed in post match interviews would you trust Bullen not to do this? BBC News