The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, ComradeDiego said:

Who would we even bring in to replace Bullen though, in all seriousness ?

It's the Banter Years. the replacement will be someone who got relegated from the Conference North last season.

Would take McCall in a heartbeat. More chance of getting Andre the Giant.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

If you’re watching the game then that’s a blatant lie. You can not rate someone as that’s your opinion but to say “he won nothing in the air” and “had no movement” is false. 

Disconnected from reality.

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

As much as I completely agree with the rest, Rose was awful. No first touch, can’t hold it up and can’t finish. He maybe had one positive moment where he made a good run, and won a couple of headers. Absolutely nothing about him. 

He looks like he’s running into a strong headwind.

Bullen has to go now.  I know the main defence for him is about finishing 2nd last year but that feat was:

a) achieved on the finest of margins that could have just as easily seen us finish 5th

b) due to the sheer luck of having Dipo's quality more than any tactical masterclasses 

C) in the past.

Previously you could have defended him with regards to recruitment but now we know he has an active involvement in it then that stops being a plausible argument for me. 

I also don't understand that whole "who else would you have?" arguement. You cannot continue to accept mediocrity due to a lack of alternatives of you want to be successful. 

I like Bullen as a person, he communicates well and he clearly tried his best but the lack of seethe at full time and  exodus of fans is showing me that this will be an apathy that will only get harder to rectify the longer it goes on. 

We have 2 above average players. We sent every attack through them. They were getting a fair amount of success. We were beaten 4-0.

If that doesn’t spell danger I don’t know what does. We won’t play many teams with a defence as shite as Thistles so to come away with zero goals really does hammer home how utterly diabolical Rose and McKenzie are.

I also don’t want to hear anything about Young and Syla being good. Playing safe passes to your winger who’s in 20 yards of room is not a pass worthy of praise. Invisible whenever asked to defend.

1 minute ago, United1973 said:

Should’ve been winning at half time on chances BUT I should be pumping Jennifer Anniston and Dua Lipa in a 3some tonight, neither happened

It’s part of the season ticket deal so I’m for a good one the night and you’re no. 

Ppppffffffff

Better than the Falkirk game? Maybe. We created some chances but the two midfielders aren’t a patch on McInroy. Chalmers stood out for a lot of the game, Murphy tired. 

Defensively, shitshow. Calamity. Up front, McKenzie diD the ugly stuff, Rose was shite. Amartey should have replaced him at half time.

What happens now? Dowds coming in to replace Rose might be a season saving moment, Rose has been poor. 

A defeat to Queens Park Next Friday and Mathie would have to come up with some really mad shit in an interview to deflect attention from Bullen.

27 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

We are last season arbroath instead of moving on we have let it  slip to many players who haven't got any experience surely there was others players who could have done a job no folk that's only played u-23, or academy games down in England lower legs.

I actually think Syla and Young will turn out ok. It's a big step up and it's going to take a few of games but they're not our biggest problem.

1 minute ago, edinburghhonestman said:

I actually think Syla and Young will turn out ok. It's a big step up and it's going to take a few of games but they're not our biggest problem.

They were very good for half an hour and knocked it about very nicely. The problem is that neither of them looked fit enough to play more than 45 minutes.