The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I get that some may disagree, but the fans need to stop booing absolutely f***ing everything when we're under pressure. It does nobody any favours. If we're shite then by all means give them a roasting at halftime and fulltime, but during the game, it's counter-productive and in all honesty, embarrassing.

I get that some might disagree, but the tide needs to stop coming in so fucking often. It is ruining my sandcastles. It can come in at noon and midnight. That should suffice to let it do its job.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Reading missed a sitter just after half time and Murphy did a lot of good work to fashion himself a chance but took one too many touches when he should’ve been hitting it. After the first half it’s hard to argue we deserved anything but the second half was better in the respect we showed more urgency and looked more aggressive when going forward. Defensively we are still a mess and that needs fixing. 

We're not getting fullbacks because they did well in the cup.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

We're not getting fullbacks because they did well in the cup.

The full backs weren’t even the issue today. Easton was given too much room on the edge of the box for the first and then the second comes from about four players trying to win one ball in midfield and Raith coming away with it and us being left exposed. 

I fully agree with the post above with regards to the booing. Shouting abuse at a player doesn’t actually make them any better. 

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Easton scored both goals, ran to the Ayr support giving it the giruy and then fingers in the ears. 
The number 4 at the final whistle grabbed his haw maws and gave them a shake while screaming at the Ayr fans on the edge of the 6 yard box.Two players that are absolute no marks to the Ayr support.  Brian Graham/Aaron Muirhead type behaviour. 

Delighted to read this. Objectively sensational behaviour. 

Delighted. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

The full backs weren’t even the issue today. Easton was given too much room on the edge of the box for the first and then the second comes from about four players trying to win one ball in midfield and Raith coming away with it and us being left exposed. 

I fully agree with the post above with regards to the booing. Shouting abuse at a player doesn’t actually make them any better. 

The second goal was a group effort, McGinty belted out position and missed his challenge, Musonda then showed Stanton inside and he took it, passing to Eason who walked past McCallister, who was sound asleep

Aye the first half was horrendous and showed so much of the issues that we've been seeing for so long. The perfect example of how lost we look a lot of the time and how soft we are as a unit.

Second half was better, mostly because we utilised Dowds well and tried to get the ball out to Murphy or Chalmers more often.

But aye, f**k all has changed really. Our approach is way off and we are so easy to break through. When defending, the shape of the our midfield and defence never seems right.

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Reading missed a sitter just after half time and Murphy did a lot of good work to fashion himself a chance but took one too many touches when he should’ve been hitting it. After the first half it’s hard to argue we deserved anything but the second half was better in the respect we showed more urgency and looked more aggressive when going forward. Defensively we are still a mess and that needs fixing. 

I have absolutely no recollection of the Reading one for some reason! I was thinking of the Murphy one too - but ultimately he didn’t actually shoot, just ran across the box. So at best we created four chances, which just isn’t enough when you need two goals. 

It was far better, the defence isn’t getting improved though. Stanger should obviously come back in, but other than that… 

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Millen is a bit of a wind up merchant so he was always going to do that after the stick he got. 

He’s an angry wee guy as well. Was giving Dabrowski absolute pelters for constantly kicking the ball out the park. In fairness I’ve not seen a goalie so shite at dealing with pass backs since watching a 40 year old Rab Douglas play for Forfar. 

If I was a footballer I’d take every possible opportunity to get it right round opposition supporters.

Grabbing your baws in the direction of a big crowd of people is complete wrong ‘un behaviour though. And an even stranger thing to be “delighted” about it.

6 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Grabbing your baws in the direction of a big crowd of people is complete wrong ‘un behaviour though. And an even stranger thing to be “delighted” about it.

Astonished to discover that the club that had to be nearly financially ruined to stop playing a rapist might be full of dangers!

11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Footballers should be bamming up fans at every opportunity, warranted or not. Doesn’t matter if you’re playing against Real Madrid or Wigtown and Bladnoch

Aye, and supporters shouldn’t be surprised when they get rinsed by fans of other clubs when you fail spectacularly because everyone thinks your club are all c***s.

that and raising freedom of information requests in the result of said defeat, only to find out it is because your support are also c***s. 

good times.