The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Looks good! When did they say that the stand was to open??

Next season. The roof looks like it’ll be on for the next home game which will make a difference. 
They said the stand will look complete from the outside by Christmas but there will be plenty of fitting out to do that means they can’t/won’t apply for a certificate until it’s complete. 
It’s an additional cost to do it in two parts that they had considered should we have been promoted. 

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Next season. The roof looks like it’ll be on for the next home game which will make a difference. 
They said the stand will look complete from the outside by Christmas but there will be plenty of fitting out to do that means they can’t/won’t apply for a certificate until it’s complete. 
It’s an additional cost to do it in two parts that they had considered should we have been promoted. 

Only exception to that was if we draw the old firm in the cup to make it worthwhile applying to open the new stand 

The drop off from the stand to the terracing looks a bit steeper than I was expecting.  Should be a decent view.  The bare concrete looks a bit stark at the moment, but maybe it’ll blend in a bit more when the whole things finished.

19 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I know you've only got last week to go by,  which there were massive gaps for you to play through,   but if you take our season(nevermind mcpake's full tenure) it looks a very strange description on how we play.  

Fair comment, your right - I don't tend to watch even highlights of other teams.

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

The drop off from the stand to the terracing looks a bit steeper than I was expecting.  Should be a decent view.  The bare concrete looks a bit stark at the moment, but maybe it’ll blend in a bit more when the whole things finished.

I thought you'd be able to get from the terracing to the stand but doesn't look like it from that. I think the concrete will blend more once the rest of it comes to life tbh.

9 minutes ago, AirdrieFanTV said:

Enjoy the schadenfreude of our pre-match confidence being shattered!  

Again, fair play to those of you who made the trip against government advice and in horrible weather conditions! 

Looking forward to Somerset! ♦️

It was a walk in the park, thanks.

5 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

From

the VOR twitter

IMG_3170.thumb.jpeg.179b23346cf641b90b9acb2c82ed299d.jpeg

Partly due to performances the atmosphere at Somerset and overall match experience has been atrocious this season so sooner it's back to full ground being open the better.

Good times will be back next season with any luck

36 minutes ago, AirdrieFanTV said:

Enjoy the schadenfreude of our pre-match confidence being shattered!  

Again, fair play to those of you who made the trip against government advice and in horrible weather conditions! 

Looking forward to Somerset! ♦️

Ok, big TV it is. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I thought you'd be able to get from the terracing to the stand but doesn't look like it from that. I think the concrete will blend more once the rest of it comes to life tbh.

I’m guessing it’ll likely be covered in advertising boardings too!

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

New stand looks really good. You guys should have easily the 5th or 6th best stadium in league one next season which for a club like Ayr is a remarkable achievement.

If only we had borrowed £13 million from the banks, who'd have thought of that?