The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, edinburghhonestman said:

Not sure it was a mental collapse. It looked more like we just weren't interested. I wonder what the mood in the dressing room is like.

Mathie interview on NYE: the loan players will most likely be going back. We then start three of them two days later. 

11 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That could be the Roberts years again.

That performance today was as bad as anything Roberts served up. We offered absolutely f**k all. There was nothing to cheer or clap.

I reckon the players want him gone as well. That was insipid.

1 minute ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Not sure it was a mental collapse. It looked more like we just weren't interested. I wonder what the mood in the dressing room is like.

Hopefully quite upbeat, signing Lee's leaving card and leaving witty messages on it.

2 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

The easy option can never be discounted due to pedigree , currently working with the decision makers and on existing facets of the role. Bullen being the face of the club is getting most of the flak here but it could easily be going wrong in several places. Without working behind the scenes and seeing what happens it's difficult to tell. Also it's possible on a temporary basis whilst Mathie scours the depths of league football to locate the next unpolished gem. 

Coaching, team selection, tactics, game management, recruitment and fitness (as in "staying fit" and not "being best at running round cones") are all going badly wrong. Companies House shows that the number of people employed by the club to service at least some of those quadrupled last year. So obviously things are going wrong everywhere. But all of these areas are ultimately the manager's remit (at least so long as he refuses to have an assistant and does not report to any other footballing staff). To the extent that McGeady is involved in any of these, it's not going well is it? Right now it's thoroughly difficult to pick out any decision-maker whose job lies in the parts of the club owned by the club (as opposed to those owned by Dave Smith) who is actually justifying their salaries.

Let's take the emotion out of it Mathie.

Is 1 win in 10 league games good enough? If the answer is no then BGM has to go.

No more of your managerial buzzwords, powerpoint presentations  or linguistic spin. It is that simple.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I reckon the players want him gone as well.

Well if that's so then he's a dead gilet walking. I'm sure McGeady will be vocal to Mathie about such things. Otherwise it's straight to relegation do not pass the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

To play devil's avocado with McGeady for a second, should he be offering fans out, absolutely not. But you're at the end of an amazing playing career and it's spluttering out amidst injuries and fitness issues at a miserable Cappielow on the 2nd of January when your brain still wants you to do what you could 10 years ago, it's mentally frustrating af. He'd be as well making peace with it and calling it a day. 

Alex Ferguson has spent fifty years publicly blessing every minute he still got to play at Somerset at the end of his career.

McGeady doesn't need the money. He's not getting any glory. He's certainly not learning anything. Why is he drawing a wage?

If Bullen leaves, the obvious replacement is Mcgeady. However, I'm not keen on that idea at all.

If we were to look at managers, in my opinion the best management signing for Ayr would be that of Peter Murphy.

Won't happen though.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Coaching, team selection, tactics, game management, recruitment and fitness (as in "staying fit" and not "being best at running round cones") are all going badly wrong. Companies House shows that the number of people employed by the club to service at least some of those quadrupled last year. So obviously things are going wrong everywhere. But all of these areas are ultimately the manager's remit (at least so long as he refuses to have an assistant and does not report to any other footballing staff). To the extent that McGeady is involved in any of these, it's not going well is it? Right now it's thoroughly difficult to pick out any decision-maker whose job lies in the parts of the club owned by the club (as opposed to those owned by Dave Smith) who is actually justifying their salaries.

We don't have a manager though. Our head coach reports into Mathie and would guess that some or all of the backroom team do likewise. I thought the way it was set up was for the coach to focus on mainly coaching the team and tactics. No doubt Bullen will have the biggest say but he may also have to work with people he perhaps didn't choose. Mathies role must take on certain elements you would normally associate with a manager. Whilst it's entirely possible that every area is sinking there are usually a few doing ok and ended up being dragged down by the rest. 

Whilst McGeady will be working in these areas pn top of kicking a ball his time will be thinly spread enough to avoid any major blame. I do agree that Smiths area of expertise off the pitch seems to be flying whilst the onfield stuff turning to shit

I genuinely don't think Ayr were that bad today. Kept possession and moved the ball about well. I was surprised at how little attacking threat dowds, Murphy and chalmers offered. Felt for the boy young in the middle of the park. He was always wanting the ball and trying to get the team up the pitch.

Just now, Jeff Venom said:

That was a 'lost the dressing room' performance if ever I've seen one. 

Maybe they haven’t taken kindly to him putting all the blame on the players after the Dunfermline game.

Which he’s also done again tonight.

6 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

If we were to look at managers, in my opinion the best management signing for Ayr would be that of Peter Murphy.

I hope not. I suspect he'd be no worse than Bullen but two wins all season and only being kept off the bottom by the basket case that is Edinburgh City doesn't suggest he's ready for the step up.

2 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

As expected......staring at oor 3rd defeat against a fucking terrible Morton team ....

Where is the fighting spirit and urgency...this has the look of a team that is going down ...decent midfield but absolutely bomb scare of a defence that chucks games away...

Not really cause you lot are pish back in yer box.

22 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Lee Bullen: “In the end that was men against boys. We lost every individual battle. The mental collapse was the biggest thing for me. Against Raith and Dunfermline we were asked big questions and came up with the answers - today we showed nothing. I think the last two performances show I am getting the response from the players I need, which is what made today such a surprise.

Fucking deluded.

After the Dunfermline game he said the first half was terrible, now that game is a sign of his great work??