The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

There were sparks in the game and agree another manager might get a tune. But there is so much mince on the park it will be an uphill task for anyone.

Defence makes same mistakes time after time and we ship 3 goals a game.

That’s just relegation form pure and simple ☠️

Just now, Rb123 said:

It's got to the stage tbh where i'm just pretty fed up of the constant negativity.

Feels like being a supporter of this club has resulted in a vicious circle of constant negativity and doom and gloom for the last 4/5 years ever since Kerr got the bullet bar a 4 month period where Dipo was on fire and we were up the top of the league. 

Are we not allowed to have something nice for once?

Regardless of where the chips fall, and even if you aren't a fan of all the construction w**k, at least there are (literally) concrete improvements in the fan experience after decades of little more than statutory maintenance.

The club has been full-time for years and hasn't gone into a Championship season (even this one) odds-on to get relegated for a decade.

Kelty Hearts have not yet beaten Ayr United in the cup.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

He's staying folks. Next week is going to be some laugh. 

He’s gone full on moron now. 

We absolutely can turn it round but not with him as manager. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

I cannot wrap my head around Dundee United letting Mr Logan Chalmers leave on loan, the boy probably walks into every starting 11 in the Championship. I don’t want to rub salt in the wounds, but he’s away folks.

Just now, NorthStand10 said:

I cannot wrap my head around Dundee United letting Mr Logan Chalmers leave on loan, the boy probably walks into every starting 11 in the Championship. I don’t want to rub salt in the wounds, but he’s away folks.

This also applies to Dowds. The only conclusion is that they both have a bad case of that thing that people who aren't from Ayr get where they bizarrely fall in love with Ayr.

47 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

People saying we weren't that bad today are obviously slightly swayed by the fact we scored and should probably have scored at least another, but defensively that was an abomination. 

To save our season, he needs to go and it needs to be now. Our home record is an utter disgrace, you cannot keep serving that dross up to people.

We were dreadful today.  I’m absolutely staggered at people saying we weren’t that bad.  Chalmers and Murphy weren’t in the game and neither was Dempsey.  No idea where Smith was supposed to be playing - don’t really blame the guy because it’s not his fault he was asked to do a job he patently can’t do - a link man? a no 10? an attacking midfielder?  Who the hell knows.  And as for the defence….  Stanger looks every inch a League 1 defender - can only hope he’s on a 1 year deal  and we can punt him in the Summer.  Amartey is raw as hell, but at least he’s pacey and direct - don’t get his lack of game time, particularly when Murphy hasn’t kicked a ball in weeks.

1 minute ago, NorthStand10 said:

Classic Tv Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

7 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

He's staying folks. Next week is going to be some laugh. 

It’s been the same mistakes for the last 2 years, well, that’s not true, we find new and inventive ways to f**k up every week…his last change means we now concede 3 every week rather than two. 

He may well turn it around but we could be in the west of Scotland league 2 by that point.!

29 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

That was strange. 

Ayr had a bright opening 10 minutes and then nothing happened for around 25 minutes. Absolutely nothing.

Albinson made an arse of it and we concede a stupid goal. Probably Inverness’s only touch in a forward area all game. 

Second half, player has all the time in the world to his a cross, player in the middle has a completely free, unchallenged header from 6 yards. Someone shouted this is shite Bullen and a rather angry bloke down the front shouted that he should shut the f**k up

I don’t think Ayr touched the ball between Inverness’s second and third, went in to the -lost, confused, chasing shadows state that often happens. Chants of Bullen GTF started by maybe 30% of the crowd at this point, Ayr then scored a good goal that kind of stopped it.

Inverness then managed the game out, Amartey hit the bar but he kind of just drifted towards the final whistle. The guy behind me asked who was subbed with 2 min to go, he then just shouted - f**k.      ME. 

Plenty of effort from the team and urgency but we conceded the standard, shitey, avoidable goals. We struggled to then break Inverness down after that. We are making teams look good now and we just flatter to deceive. 

In fairness, it was nothing like 30%.  Just a dozen or so behind the goals (weans mostly I’d say) who clammed up after about 5 seconds when they realised no one was joining in.  

Stanger is young and had some good games before getting injured, and has some qualities that could see him be a good player at this level so he isn’t one I would be writing off based on some poor performances after recovering from injury. Particularly under the present management and playing with those full backs. 

With how uncomfortable we look at it playing it out from the back was eventually going to concede a goal like that.

Are the players being told to to that in training because they've never looked particularly comfortable doing it.

Couldn't tell from SRE whether Dowds disallowed goal was offside. Sums Ayr up right now that we gift a goal 2 minutes later.

Chalmers finish was very good and Amartey was unlucky hitting the crossbar.

If Bullen is still manager next week a loss to Arbroath surely is curtains for his management. (Arguably today should be.)

5 minutes ago, Nelson said:

In fairness, it was nothing like 30%.  Just a dozen or so behind the goals (weans mostly I’d say) who clammed up after about 5 seconds when they realised no one was joining in.  

I didn’t have time to take a headcount. They’d stopped before I got to 20

It wasn’t all, it wasn’t even half but it was a fair few folk, enough to be heard. 

23 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

He is most definitely a nice guy. He turned up at my aunts (lifetime Ayr fan) 80th birthday party with Mathie and stayed for a couple of hours. Didn’t have to do that but he did because he understands the fan engagement element that a club like Ayr need from a manager. Didn’t seek any media from it, just doffing his cap to an elderly fan that has put a lifetime of heart and soul into the club. Not just a show his face and piss of type thing. He means no harm but he is harming the club at this point. Unfortunately.

It’s been the problem with Bullen since day one.  He’s a hype man and little else who is great at supporting Mathie’s boosterism.  But it’s all as hollow as a chocolate Easter egg.  Two years in charge for the pair of them and there isn’t an ounce of progress to be seen in terms of recruitment, tactics, coaching or player development. One lucky guess on Dipo is literally all they can point at.  

I’d be happy to see the back of both of them.  The genuine good things that are happening at the club all relate to the infrastructure and that’s 100% down to Smith.  He entrusted the football side of the club to a pair of Nice Guy Eddies who have totally let him down.

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Now is the best time to sack him with the cup next week. 

We won’t though, I don’t think he will go unless we lose to Arbroath twice.

You're wrong way about 

It's Arbroath next week and cup the following

Also i think he'll be at Arbroath next week cause of performance after going 3-0 down

Next week biggie though, lose to Arbroath and we're almost certainly going to go bottom which will be the trigger point for Smith and Mathie i'd imagine 

Just now, Rb123 said:

You're wrong way about 

It's Arbroath next week and cup the following

Also i think he'll be at Arbroath next week cause of performance after going 3-0 down

Next week biggie though, lose to Arbroath and we're almost certainly going to go bottom which will be the trigger point for Smith and Mathie i'd imagine 

Ahh thanks - as you say he will absolutely be here for the Arbroath game then.