The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I agree with your point btw.

Did Hopkin & Watt not resign?

The Hopkin one was strangely worded I remember, but it sounded like he resigned and Smith asked him to stay.

Not sure about Watt. Wasn’t he supposedly paying players out his own pocket?

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The Hopkin one was strangely worded I remember, but it sounded like he resigned and Smith asked him to stay.

Aye, tbf Watt had a big job outside football (Hacking & Paterson - a name many will recognise). He was never in it for the money. Tbf I don't think the ginger windbag was either.

Edited by Trogdor

11 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I think Smith suggested he wasn't ready to sack him at that point as it was only 4 games into the season, which is probably fair.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

I think Smith suggested he wasn't ready to sack him at that point as it was only 4 games into the season, which is probably fair.  

In fact I posted the screenshot recently 

Screenshot_20240104-232050.png

Genuinely can't be arsed with the football just now.

Which is a horrible feeling in itself. 

ETA. Don't think the apathy amongst the support has been this high for a long long time.

Edited by AuAl

39 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Hopkin & Watt not resign?

Didn't Hopkin resign after some form of abuse from the crowd?

Watt pretty much bought the entirety of his league winning Stranraer team. Was actually a good Ayr team on football manager if I recall correctly 😂 Bollocks in real life.

51 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

See Mark Kerr has took up a coaching role under uncle Ian at Clyde.

Ok, so he left us when Partick batted their eyelashes at him, but this!  This is a sensible move, it makes sense, you can see where this could go, you can see the logic in it.

I wish we had them right now.

If he brings in the farmer, Moff or Sir Andy Geggan I think I might just spontaneously combust!

22 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Ok, so he left us when Partick batted their eyelashes at him, but this!  This is a sensible move, it makes sense, you can see where this could go, you can see the logic in it.

If he brings in the farmer, Moff or Sir Andy Geggan I think I might just spontaneously combust!

I agree, I'd like him to do well. He should have been given that role at Ayr under Sandy Stewart. Better football brain on him than Bullen, that's for sure. Actually sounds like a good partnership with McCall, could see them overtaking Ayr in the league soon 😔😒

I wish it had worked out for Kerr, certainly don't think he was any worse than what followed. 

On our current manager, it is really worrying that he keep referring to those draws against the fife teams as some justification for the awful form. Comebacks are all fine and well but you're not actually supposed to aim to go behind early on...

Edited by super_carson

53 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Moff could probably still do a job at Clyde tbf

There was a rumour that Zander Clark was moving to Celtic which would mean Hearts would be looking for a new keeper. 

There is no way that goalkeeper would be Albinson though. If he has fallen out with Bullen, I can see him negotiating a move somewhere though. 

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

There was a rumour that Zander Clark was moving to Celtic which would mean Hearts would be looking for a new keeper. 

There is no way that goalkeeper would be Albinson though. If he has fallen out with Bullen, I can see him negotiating a move somewhere though. 

I’m not sure which of Zander Clark to Celtic or Albinson to Heatts is the more wild rumour tbh! 

If Albinson has signed a PCA then I’d be negotiating a release this month for some sort of fee. Sign a cheap loan to compete with Mutch and strengthen the squad elsewhere. 

Given the massive lack of quality in goalkeepers this season I really don’t think we’ll end up relegated because of our goalie. We will however end up relegated if there is no change to our midfield and defence. 

Mutch cannot be our number 1. It makes me realise how good (in relative terms) McAdams was. I dont think Mutch is Championship standard (that can be said of a good number of the squad tbf).

If Albinson is on a PCA, you play him much as we did Docherty with his PCA to Partick.

I'd only sell him if we brought in a new number 1.