The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Reid's first second-tier relegation team was dogshit but the standard was much lower then. His second would gub this lot any day, including the day after their pathetic relegation.

McCall's relegation team was full of total shitebags, but they were shitebags who had at least proven a theoretical ability to play football at some point in their careers.

Incredible to think that the only difference between Bullen and Hopkin is that Bullen makes worse subs.

McCalls team lacked any sort of quality up front. An Adeloye or Dowds would’ve been enough for that team to comfortably avoid relegation. Even Jordan Preston staying would’ve been okay. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

McCalls team lacked any sort of quality up front. An Adeloye or Dowds would’ve been enough for that team to comfortably avoid relegation. Even Jordan Preston staying would’ve been okay. 

I feel fairly confident in saying that literally any other manager this league has seen this season, including the clown that QP had, would have done comfortably better with exactly the same squad Bullen has had. He's never been one iota better than Hopkin or Duffy were.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Or Craig Moore not being concussed for 6 months. Throwing half our player budget at Gary Harkins wasn’t the best move right enough.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What's Preston doing now? Would walk straight into this team.

Decided to calm myself down a bit by thinking of the 60 quid or so I've saved thanks to my decision that if we won today I'd go to the Kelty and Arbroath home double header.  They can shove that so far up their arses now and I don't care who thinks that makes me not a true fan 🤣

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

What's Preston doing now? Would walk straight into this team.

Given that he's pissing about in the depths of English non-league this is possibly truer than you would have hoped.

Mathie said at the Q&A that he was following Brightons lead on developing the club and we may have to get relegated as part of that journey. I assumed that would mean getting to the premier and not staying there on the first attempt, not be shat out the arse end of the Championship after getting the money for second place. 

Even writing that down it looks like a massive failure that needs to be addressed, that is serious mismanagement if it is allowed to happen. 

Graeme Mathie, the Dido Harding of Scottish football. 

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Or Craig Moore not being concussed for 6 months. Throwing half our player budget at Gary Harkins wasn’t the best move right enough.

Harkins would’ve been fine had he been used properly and we had some sort of focal point up front where he could aim at. 

I’m sure Harkins went to Morton from us and actually had a pretty decent season playing in a more central role. 

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Given that he's pissing about in the depths of English non-league this is possibly truer than you would have hoped.

Preston, Liam Tomsett and Adam Dodd would all do a job in this current team lol

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m sure Harkins went to Morton from us and actually had a pretty decent season playing in a more central role. 

He did, he was like a deep lying playmaker in front of the defence. He then went to QoS and did a decent job as well. We were playing him out wide and up top where his lack of mobility was painfully exposed.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Harkins would’ve been fine had he been used properly and we had some sort of focal point up front where he could aim at. 

We asked Harkins to run.

Madness.

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Chances missed by the guy he brought in from the cold that wasn’t even getting off the bench. 

I mean he’s pish but that doesn’t help him. 

Apart from everything else:

1) STILL no mention of the situation with the loan players. 
2) Have we been given any update on McGeady’s injury?

We are failing hugely at the basics, and that is absolutely on Mathie. 

1) Raging

2) Couldn’t give a f**k aside from the wasted wage.

19 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Decided to calm myself down a bit by thinking of the 60 quid or so I've saved thanks to my decision that if we won today I'd go to the Kelty and Arbroath home double header.  They can shove that so far up their arses now and I don't care who thinks that makes me not a true fan 🤣

I'll go to the Arbroath home game but don't think I'll bother with the cup game. Have never felt apathy like this. Generally I will always try to go to games where possible even if we're not doing well as I do enjoy it at the end of the day and a good result is a bonus, but this whole season I've just felt a disconnect with the club. It's most likely down to the North Terrace being shut as watching us shoot towards the Railway End from the SRE just isn't enjoyable, but this season I've not been able to make quite a few games and to be honest I'm just not that bothered that I've missed them. Back when McCall was in charge and we had Moffat, Shankland, Moore, Forrest, etc all fit and firing I was always looking forward to going to games and would be disappointed if I couldn't go, and I'd always try to make an effort to get to games. I remember I missed the 5-0 vs Dundee United and had to make do with watching it on the TV and being a bit gutted after the match that I couldn't be there but whenever I've missed a game this season I've just not been bothered at all. I missed both the Airdrie and Dunfermline matches in October when it looked like we'd turned a corner and I just didn't feel anything when I saw the scores. I was also in Edinburgh during the Queens Park home game and checked the score at full time to see the last minute equaliser and I just didn't care, it was at most a quick "oh well" and then moving on. A few years ago I would've been raging but I just accepted it and moved on.

The fact that myself, someone who makes always tries their best to make games, is feeling this apathy should have alarm bells ringing in the boardroom, because if this is how I feel then imagine how some of the more fair weather fans are feeling. Attendences will drop big time if nothing is done. If Smith is on here tonight I hope he sees this, because he needs to realise that he needs to do the right thing now, even if it may be difficult for him, to stop this from spiraling out of control any further.

Edited by GuyIncognito

45 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Think the 16/17 team was worse player wise but with a better manager. Here we have some decent players but a worse manager without a doubt.

Fleming, Devlin, Adams, Docherty, Forrest, Moore were all better than what we've got now in their respective positions IMO.

In fact, I'd go out and murder somecunt right now to have even three of those players back.

Edited by Richey Edwards