The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We have made an offer to Andy Halliday… as a player I should add.

Motherwell, Livi and Accies also interested. 

In saying that, the last 24 hours may have put a stopper on this. 

I wonder if there is some sort of off field development role packaged with any offer. If we can't beat some of the teams in our own league then can't see how this one lands 

A bizarre article. I understand that for the most part he was a likeable guy, but really? A legacy?

There is a really odd vibe about the place that they really hated that they had to sack him. It's football, this happens a lot. He was given far more rope than a lot of other managers have been and was unable to make it work. 

Should really be viewed as an opportunity. There has been a lot of great stuff going on away from the purely football side of things (infrastructure and future planning) - if anything is worth celebrating and talking of 'legacy' from the last couple of years, then it will be that.

If in the near future we can marry up the ability and knowledge in the dugout with some of the exciting off the pitch stuff, then we'll be in great place. For now, I'll take a manager that isn't really out of their depth and crucially, knows how to make tactical changes that improve our performances and results.

The AU Academy post was weird too, talking about the Raith game before Xmas being a magical moment.    The cup run where we beat Pollok Elgin and Cove before losing to Falkirk is being over hyped too.  

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aka He’s got his agent to speak to a journalist to get his name out there. 

You hope.

Guess any hope youre right would depend entirely on what McGeadys job is "behind the scenes" and how much influence he'll have over the nect appointment. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You hope.

Guess any hope youre right would depend entirely on what McGeadys job is "behind the scenes" and how much influence he'll have over the nect appointment. 

McGeady being his pal is the fear. As is the fact he started following the club recently. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

McGeady being his pal is the fear. As is the fact he started following the club recently. 

Aye, id be very nervous about you getting fed bullshit about Mulgrew running the 1st team and McGeady running the youths, and them having a close personal bond, being key as you want a pathway for young players.

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aka He’s got his agent to speak to a journalist to get his name out there. 

Mulgrew may well turn out to be a good coach but far too much of a risk in our current predicament.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Mulgrew may well turn out to be a good coach but far too much of a risk in our current predicament.

Yeah I wouldn’t be averse to it in the summer once we’re a bit more settled but he has zero experience in lifting players and getting results.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

✅ Saved the club from relegation. 

✅ Highest league finish in over 20 years.

✅ Ayr United's most successful manager in two decades.

✅ Scottish Cup quarter-finals.

✅ History maker

0_bullen.jpg.377442af81ad1607dae945135d57f792.jpg

That picture always evokes this in my head...

image.png.d3e60e45bd191bd73e8acce72d9b39d1.png

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

✅ Saved the club from relegation. 

✅ Highest league finish in over 20 years.

✅ Ayr United's most successful manager in two decades.

✅ Scottish Cup quarter-finals.

✅ History maker

0_bullen.jpg.377442af81ad1607dae945135d57f792.jpg

And all before his 53rd birthday.