The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Using the cup run as some sort of achievement when we huffed and puffed past Pollok, and Elgin 😏 beat Cove then fcked it v Falkirk. Wasn't like we beat the OF then the DKBs, we were playing nobodies 

We beat 3 premier league teams to make the semi final in 2012.

Brian Reid was genuinely underrated (by some).

9 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

EVERYBODY wanted Bullen to do well, but he didn’t.

He wasn’t hounded out - he just wasn’t good enough.

So those that are making out he was some kind of visionary or legend for what he did at Ayr United - he was always going to be judged on results on the park, regardless of how much of a gentleman he was off it.

This.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Although I wouldnt have criticised Smith too much for his "abuse" line in his statement. What has followed reeks a bit of us (club) v them (fans). Not very #weareunited if you ask me. 

I’d go as far to say that while it’s not incendiary, it is at best, misguided 

19 minutes ago, Nelson said:

We beat 3 premier league teams to make the semi final in 2012.

Brian Reid was genuinely underrated (by some).

Brian Reid wasn't a bad manager. Sounds a better idea than Mulgrew.

Ayr United fans forced to mourn former leader’s death

Citizens must refrain from shopping, recreation, even laughing as the club remembers Lee Bullen.  

zlw_JA.gif

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm almost at the stage of that's enough internet for tonight. The smarmy, narcissistic platitudes, deflecting from their own failures. Propaganda masters and it's nauseating. 

Yip - it’s too much and gone too far.

Expect it from state media, not our local beloved football club.

Night night 😴💤

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Yip - it’s too much and gone too far.

Expect it from state media, not our local beloved football club.

Night night 😴💤

As a mark of respect to our lost leader, sleeping has also been prohibited. You must stay awake and reflect on his legacy.

42 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

And yet, I’ve been to less games under Bullen than under Roberts, Watt, Money, Kerr and the Hopkins/Duffy shoW

IMG_7490.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Best league finish for 40 years?  Didn’t we finish 2nd under Dalziel?

Best cup run in 25 years?  Didn’t we get to a semi final in 2012?

Points 1, 2 and 3 are made up. Points 4 and 5 are very rarely anything to do with the manager. It’s an impressively shite 5 point list.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Omfg  people on the SRE clamouring for Kris fucking Boyd 😂😂😂😂

Why am I not surprised you took that at face value.  

33 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Although I wouldnt have criticised Smith too much for his "abuse" line in his statement. What has followed reeks a bit of us (club) v them (fans). Not very #weareunited if you ask me. 

It feels like there’s a massive backslapping culture that no one is allowed to dissent from.

33 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Yep, as the day has went on, it’s gradually made me angrier. They clearly don’t see much problem with where we are and hold a grudge with fans for feeling angry about the possibility of relegation. 

48 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wonder if the club can stop wanking themselves silly over a guy who has firmly got us into a shite situation long enough to inform us what’s happening on Saturday? 

Everyone knows he’s a great guy and tried his best but he had to go. Sacking a manager isn’t exactly rare these days and it’s hardly the first time David Smith has had to do it. Mark Kerr merited a far better send off than Bullen is getting right now imo. 

I can’t recall a manager being sacked, and the statement not including who would be in temporary charge… utterly bizarre! 

Also, the manipulation involved in trying to make that Scottish Cup run as a success is wild.