The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

21 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

But you did mean to abuse bullen? 

"Abuse" is too broad a word tbh.

It could mean calling someone bald on P&B or it could mean locking them in a dog cage for five years and feeding them nothing but marmite sandwiches.

We need clarity IMO.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

"Abuse" is too broad a word tbh.

It could mean calling someone bald on P&B or it could mean locking them in a dog cage for five years and feeding them nothing but marmite sandwiches.

We need clarity IMO.

I’ve heard some people pay to be treated like that…

I was always in the, “I don’t care about the performance, just want a result” group. But after having gone to nearly every game last season, I am now definitely the, “I’d like us to play some good football” category! Week after week watching McGinty launch balls up to Dipo with very little success, it really wore me down. It was Raith away last season on the Friday night, when Dempsey missed a pen that really did it for me. I was standing there and I probably thought out loud “I cannot watch this anymore”. So from last February/March was when I really started to tire of Bullen. Before Chalmers left I was absolutely loving it though, him and Mullen were great to watch with Dipo up top. 

I firmly believe we do have a forward line that can play attractive football and score far more goals than what we’ve been subject to the first half of the season. I’ve said it from the beginning of the season, but someone out there will get a good tune out this team. I wonder how influential McGeady is at the moment with the likes of Scott Brown having possibly been spoken to. Bowyer is the sensible choice I think, but I think Brown could be good for boosting the club’s profile, and he did not bad at Fleetwood. He improved their league position by 7 places, and had a couple good cup runs. Someone I know who is very ITK at Queen’s Park said he was a shoe in for the job there, so I was very surprised when he didn’t get the job. 

27 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

I was always in the, “I don’t care about the performance, just want a result” group. But after having gone to nearly every game last season, I am now definitely the, “I’d like us to play some good football” category! Week after week watching McGinty launch balls up to Dipo with very little success, it really wore me down. It was Raith away last season on the Friday night, when Dempsey missed a pen that really did it for me. I was standing there and I probably thought out loud “I cannot watch this anymore”. So from last February/March was when I really started to tire of Bullen. Before Chalmers left I was absolutely loving it though, him and Mullen were great to watch with Dipo up top. 

I firmly believe we do have a forward line that can play attractive football and score far more goals than what we’ve been subject to the first half of the season. I’ve said it from the beginning of the season, but someone out there will get a good tune out this team. I wonder how influential McGeady is at the moment with the likes of Scott Brown having possibly been spoken to. Bowyer is the sensible choice I think, but I think Brown could be good for boosting the club’s profile, and he did not bad at Fleetwood. He improved their league position by 7 places, and had a couple good cup runs. Someone I know who is very ITK at Queen’s Park said he was a shoe in for the job there, so I was very surprised when he didn’t get the job. 

From what I gather from him, he only wants to work up here to get a job down south.  QP would IMO be looking for someone to be around a while.  We can just go to the summer with where we are.  

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

From what I gather from him, he only wants to work up here to get a job down south.  QP would IMO be looking for someone to be around a while.  We can just go to the summer with where we are.  

Losing a manager for being so successful that other clubs want him is arguably a good problem to have.

1 minute ago, ComradeDiego said:

IMG_3806.png

Dick Campbell 5/1 :lol:

Also Darren Young is a name on there that hasn't been mentioned yet. Don't think he'd want to go full time but he would actually be a decent appointment imo, has done well at 3 clubs in League 1 and 2.

Edited by GuyIncognito

I swear people think McBookie wants to lose money. The odds will be priced on who's putting money on them. The less terminally online will obviously think Campbell is in for a shout, given the club's record of hiring bald dinosaurs.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

We spoke in our group chat the other day about how Darren Youngs name was always in the mix and here we are years later and there he is :lol: Sure he was interviewed along with McCall.

Him and Jim McIntyre making up the shortlist every time since McCall left.

Dick fucking Campbell.

Darren Young has done well army East Fife before losing his way a bit. But he’s turned Stirling Albion round and probably deserves a crack at full time football. Maybe not at Ayr though.

I have a feeling we will be in the same scenario as Bullens appointment where it will come down to the package and the add ins like staff. 

We were reportedly appointing at least 3 managers and didn’t. Bullens agent contacted the club after the deadline I am sure. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Dick fucking Campbell.

Darren Young has done well army East Fife before losing his way a bit. But he’s turned Stirling Albion round and probably deserves a crack at full time football. Maybe not at Ayr though.

I have a feeling we will be in the same scenario as Bullens appointment where it will come down to the package and the add ins like staff. 

We were reportedly appointing at least 3 managers and didn’t. Bullens agent contacted the club after the deadline I am sure. 

Please don’t have us waiting weeks for an announcement. Short sharp get the guy in and get signings done 

1 minute ago, Tommy_ayr said:

2/1 now? What’s changed?

IMG_3453.jpeg

People betting on him will have lowered the price (unless you know that’s how it works).

I stuck £10 on Courts and £10 on Brown at better odds that what you’ve posted. Dick Campbell is hilarious man didn’t think I’d see his name on the betting.

Edited by Ayr23