The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

Great turned into a  FM forum

Wasn’t going to add anything but since it’s annoyed you.

Think it was FM 22 I just took the piss with it and kept giving us small cash injections whenever we went in debt. Won the UCL eventually and I still regularly keep an eye on the players that got me there. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was a bawhair away from the job when Kerr got it apparently. To the point where he thought himself he had it. 

I'll never forget the disappointment of logging onto twitter that day and seeing that we appointed our centre mid as f*cking manager

7 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Looking forward to our first ever meeting , hopefully a good game (if on) ,plenty goals , may the best team win 

How many Fifers will make the trip ? Also why did Thomson pack in his job with you guys ? 

4 minutes ago, railwayend said:

How many Fifers will make the trip ? Also why did Thomson pack in his job with you guys ? 

Supporters bus is full and know a good few lads travelling down so probably 150 or so I'd say 

Thomson was hooring himself out to any full time job available at the time and think got wind that there wasn't going to be an endless pot of money to splash on players so left by mutual consent in the end 

2 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Supporters bus is full and know a good few lads travelling down so probably 150 or so I'd say 

Good to see a few coming down , come into the Hub for a pint before the game . Plenty of ordinary Ayr fans in there and be glad to see you all . 

5 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Good to see a few coming down , come into the Hub for a pint before the game . Plenty of ordinary Ayr fans in there and be glad to see you all . 

Braw cheers neeb , think the supporters bus is booked into Cameron's bar at the ground but rest of us will be a free for all 😂 I might be driving not confirmed yet so hopefully might get a pint or 6 yet 

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Presumably seasoned managers are going to be abundantly aware of what the job entails at a professional football club.

Previous managers spent no time with the Academy, in some of the tributes to Bullen, they said he was the first. It the club is looking for someone to give up most of their days, evenings and weekends then that is different to "what the job entails at a professional football club" 

6 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I see Marvin Bartley quoted at 8/1 - that would solve a huge problem for us at Palmerston.

Mind you he is a great communicator…………..allegedly.

i would be astonished if we went for him. He's hardly pulling up trees with you guys

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Previous managers spent no time with the Academy, in some of the tributes to Bullen, they said he was the first.

The two previous managers were utter charlatans.

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It the club is looking for someone to give up most of their days, evenings and weekends then that is different to "what the job entails at a professional football club" 

I do believe this is the first time I have ever heard someone suggesting that giving up one's weekends is not the sort of thing you'd expect from the manager of a football team. Congratulations.

4 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

To be fair I read an article about him yesterday where he basically said he has had to sacrifice seeing his family in his pursuit of travelling around the globe to learn different football related things, doing degrees etc. I'm assuming he'd bring a high level of commitment and attention to detail off the back of that. I'm sure some of the Dundee fans would be well placed to say how much extra he took on over and above first team things. 

Yeah, Bowyer has always said his ultimate goal is to actually be a director of football rather than a manager and he's got a degree in Sport's Directorship. He was probably less hands on when it came to the youth teams etc than some of our previous managers because he had a very young family back down South and actually made a point of saying that he thought he became a better manager working with us because he was forced to spend time away from thinking about football which allowed him to come back refreshed. I think his professionalism was a shock to our board and he quickly fell out with our directors because he demanded better standards and went mental when he felt they were lowered. That, and his reluctance to commit long term seemed a big stumbling block in his relationship with John Nelms.

He absolutely gave our younger players chances though and definitely played a large part in their development.

Edited by Ludo*1