The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Haven’t bothered looking back to check if anyone else has said this…….

…………but at least you’ll get another game out of your half and half scarves.

Another one of your mutants beat you I'm afraid. 

Half n half scarfs for a final or your favourite song of all time being hello hello 🤔

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Heard some proper staunch clubs enjoy commemorating the “Loving Cup” with their monarchist friends. One specific club that voted to allow the new version to bypass the leagues. 

1 hour ago, GuyIncognito said:

Rangers had 45,000 at their game v Partick at this stage last season. Home team gets to keep some gate money to cover for stewarding costs which is usually about 1/8th of gate income and then the rest is split.

Assuming £25 per head then 45k x 25 = £1.125 million. 1/8th deducted for stewarding = £140625.

Leaves £984,375 to be split evenly, leaves us with about £492,000.

£25 per head is quite an optimistic estimate but even then it shows how much this game could be worth to us financially. Fingers crossed Smith can put the money to good use!

When all the stuff about our finances came out in the summer the figure that we got from that game was quoted as ~£300k but obviously will depend on attendance and pricing.

edit: found a source

image.thumb.png.4d4146f4933b97f87dfdb9348b5a1253.png

Edited by Fuctifano

I do love that no Ayr fan has literally been arsed to start the The Rangers v Ayr United thread on the domestic cup thread. I take heart in the fact we all don’t give a fxck we’ve been drawn against the zoo keepers of the Scottish league and purely see it as a money making exercise. 

Just now, Sortmeout said:

This draw does sort of put a bit of doubt in this season finally being the season that Ayr win a major trophy.

You are only here cos your own thread is more dead than rangers. You and the other inbreds invading our thread could always post there and make it a little better

Just now, Utdtillidie2 said:

I do love that no Ayr fan has literally been arsed to start the The Rangers v Ayr United thread on the domestic cup thread. I take heart in the fact we all don’t give a fxck we’ve been drawn against the zoo keepers of the Scottish league and purely see it as a money making exercise. 

At this rate it’s going to be a Killie fan starting it.

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

This draw does sort of put a bit of doubt in this season finally being the season that Ayr win a major trophy.

2002 league cup .rangers fielded a team worth 30mil of players the couldn't afford .they cheated .

Ayr utd 2002 cup winners 🏆 

21 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

2002 league cup .rangers fielded a team worth 30mil of players the couldn't afford .they cheated .

Ayr utd 2002 cup winners 🏆 

That’s no really how it works we won a cup in 97 and 2012 with players we couldn’t afford either.

Smith told SunSport: “I’m delighted with the draw. It will mean a six-figure sum for us.

“As the draw went on, I was beginning to think we might get Rangers or Celtic.

“I gave a little shout out when it happened and it’s a great draw for the club.

“We were good on Saturday against Kelty Hearts and Davie White got the players up for it.

“There was a nice feeling about the place again on Saturday night.

“Now I’ll just tell the next manager that he’s got a Cup tie which is winnable!”

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Smith told SunSport: “There was a nice feeling about the place again on Saturday night.

“Now I’ll just tell the next manager that he’s got a Cup tie which is winnable!”

Former Celtic player confirmed. 

I’m looking forward to a nice Sunday afternoon at Ibrox, on the beer, with a banner or two and a total wind up of the flute blowers for 90 mins.

You know that they will all be a seething mess - it’s part of the fun!

58 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Thank you for your interest in Ayr United Football Club and congratulations on achieving top fan status. 

9 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I’m looking forward to a nice Sunday afternoon at Ibrox, on the beer, with a banner or two and a total wind up of the flute blowers for 90 mins.

You know that they will all be a seething mess - it’s part of the fun!

Aye I'll be there, not for the football though. Just to shout at fat mutants mostly

1 hour ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Don’t know what I’m more blown away with. The cash cow draw or puttin the bins out tonight!

Haven't put mine out on the street, got them just inside the gate of the front garden. Buggers better pick them up tomorrow.