The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

49 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The guy has twenty odd trophies and over 50 Scotland caps and was largely written off as done post Strachan (or possibly Lennon, can’t remember), before being completely transformed under Rodgers and continued playing at that level until he was around 34!

Regardless of going to play mid table football in England or not, it’s hardly the sign of a guy who isn’t driven to succeed. 

Yes, but we're not talking about a drive to succeed, we're talking about if he's someone who sees his current situation as an opportunity to prove himself and move on to bigger things, and nothing you've said about Brown indicates that to be the case.

7 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Yes, but we're not talking about a drive to succeed, we're talking about if he's someone who sees his current situation as an opportunity to prove himself and move on to bigger things, and nothing you've said about Brown indicates that to be the case.

It’s not like he wasn’t challenged though, playing internationally and in the Champions League. 

It’s not like he stayed at Hibs. 

His sister obviously passed away not too long after joining Celtic as well, so that can change your outlook too in terms of wanting to be close to family members. 

Anyway - I would be happy with either Brown or Courts too. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

Did Tam Courts actually manage a European Fixture?? I know He took Dundee United to 4th but I think he left before the Conference to Jack Ross.

Unless it's Jack Ross that's coming

Assuming it’s the managing in Hungary part, so not actually European competition…

29 minutes ago, Iain said:

Courts is the guy I've wanted from the start, but I will freely admit that I'm dramatically underqualified to determine who would be the best candidate, so at this stage I'm just trying to avoid investing so much in one possible outcome that I can't enjoy any alternative.

I was initially for Courts, with Bowyer or Brown as alternatives. The more I've thought about it, I'm now in the Brown camp. If I was interviewing Courts I'd have been digging in to why he left both Kelty and Dundee United. Neither seems that straightforward.

36 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Lee Johnson with McGeady would be interesting 👀 

I don't think Brown is as much of a cert as the papers would like to believe, if he was then why would we still be interviewing people today?

Newspapers are just click factories now.  Telling us it might be Tam Courts wouldnt gather what they want.  

43 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I was recently gifted (im old but that old) a pristine programme from the 18th September 1970 Ayr v Newcastle game when our floodlights were first used. It is not, and never will be, for sale. 2-0 to Ayr btw.

I did not get to that game but remember reading about it in the papers and being delighted at the result.  We used to play some big English teams in the Texaco & Anglo Scottish cups in those days.  Beat Newcastle 3-0 in 1976..

Edited by stevep56

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Anyone for a pre-season friendly against Killie to open the new stand?

Only for the Ayrshire cup. 

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Skimmed a look at the papers when I was out there. Bullen mourning still happening. This time by the bold Bill Leckie 

17059458980023122240489055620938.jpg

Genuinely surprised this type of Scottish football media clown acknowledges teams outwith the two bigot cheeks.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Don't think they're gonna get a big gate for this one. 

Well, they do say it's starting at 3pm on a Tuesday so that won't help