The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just got up to start the early shift and nearly choked on my roll and McCallum's  flat sausage when I read yesterdays posts.

Please tell me, as a newbie, that these kind of posts don't happen too often?

After the doom and depressing gloom of much of the season, now is a time for being positive and looking forward to watching Ayr United again!

Scott Brown is big box office news!

I suppose we will just have to put up with the associated old-firm pish attached to him being the new manager.

15 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I never want our club to be associated with the OF. The ynwa thing was embarrassing. We will probably get some Celtic fans from Ayrshire who've never been to Somerset before there to see Brown. These type of wanks shouldn't be allowed near our door. 

Personally I'd prefer to see him being referred to as ex Scotland player/captain but I know fine well it will all be about Celtic. Hope it doesn't become a circus, especially in the lead up to the cup game 

No, friend, play the game. Section off about 10-20 new seats close by the home dugout, and offer them to Celtic fans at two to three times the going rate so they can bask in the radiance of Broonie, call them something snappy…win/win, they’re isolated away from the home fans, and they’re paying out the nose for the privilege.

1 minute ago, ComradeDiego said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/charlie-adams-role-dundee-burnley-31960270

So it turns out the strategic partnership could have included loans from Burnley after all?

I don’t think that was ever at issue.  But I think we had different ideas about the standard and level of player that might be potentially loaned…

Queens Park have moved us from Half of half the main stand to a half of our own. 
initially I thought this was because they would expect a larger than normal Ayr crowd coming to see the new manager. 
I realised this morning that it’ll most likely be a load of Celtic fans coming to see Brown. 

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Queens Park have moved us from Half of half the main stand to a half of our own. 
initially I thought this was because they would expect a larger than normal Ayr crowd coming to see the new manager. 
I realised this morning that it’ll most likely be a load of Celtic fans coming to see Brown. 

Nah, Celtic are at home…

10 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

I'd just like to point out that this thread has been an absolute bin fire today.

We've waited so long for a home win, an exciting manager, a bit of hope just to see it descend into chaos.

Is this Bullens true legacy?

The problem is people keep replying to him, just ignore and Ally will float off again as per usual to all his interesting things he's got going on on Twitter and Facebook. 

Hopefully whilst we have some peace, what is the general consensus around the positions and number of players we'll be looking to bring in? My assumption (pessimist in my view) is we'll land with something around the £450-550k from gate receipts, prize money and tv money. 

I reckon from that it is probably worth 5 or 6 decent quality players over half a season (if we are going all in on survival and based upon who's left so far) between loans and free/nominal transfers. We absolutely need to address LB and RB given the lack of cover and general weakness in those areas. With Brown mentioning additional firepower up top, my guess is a strike partner for Dowds and maybe a wide man and an attacking mid? 

Hopefully that would let Bryden get out on loan for some much needed game time and confidence.  

25 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Hopefully whilst we have some peace, what is the general consensus around the positions and number of players we'll be looking to bring in? My assumption (pessimist in my view) is we'll land with something around the £450-550k from gate receipts, prize money and tv money. 

I reckon from that it is probably worth 5 or 6 decent quality players over half a season (if we are going all in on survival and based upon who's left so far) between loans and free/nominal transfers. We absolutely need to address LB and RB given the lack of cover and general weakness in those areas. With Brown mentioning additional firepower up top, my guess is a strike partner for Dowds and maybe a wide man and an attacking mid? 

Hopefully that would let Bryden get out on loan for some much needed game time and confidence.  

Full back that could cover both right and left back, centre half, centre mid and striker.  Ahui back to Lincoln and Bryden out on loan.  That would be an ideal January for me.

Edited by callum-ayr

5 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

I think that with the time left and the talent available, we will be lucky to get two in. Unless they have targets identified, and even if they do, the quality may be questionable and most likely loans. 
Ideally we would get people in that can play a couple of positions. Strapp would have been one. Kerr another. We can’t have 4 centre backs or 3 right backs (ignoring Watrett) on our budget but having cover at left back/right back and CH would be. 

Just now, Hursty said:

Is it still the case that can sign domestic loans in February or was that just a Covid thing?

Believe that's still the case. Loan window extends into February.