The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Give these lads a chance - we don't know if they'll be any good or not. It's great signing a big name like Chris Maguire but we all know how that turned out, don't we?

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If we are looking to punt Rose to Hamilton, Ahui's gone, that is three of the players we signed in the summer through our extensive scouting process gone. 

If these two are shite, I expect an announcement that Glendinning and his laptop have been told to f**k off. 

On top of that you've Senga who was anonymous, Young was the only success.

1 out 4 ain't bad...

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Sam Ashford…

If Sam Ashford could score 1 in 6 chances we'd have been safe by march and never signed Dipo :lol:

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

Give these lads a chance - we don't know if they'll be any good or not. It's great signing a big name like Chris Maguire but we all know how that turned out, don't we?

Everyone is going to give them a chance, but given our summer success with these type of signings some concern is completely valid. 

Ultimately we are still in a relegation battle, and needed some quality in certain positions. I’m assuming we’ll get a full back in soon too. Maybe we will be going with two up front, and won’t be getting that attacking midfielder in though. 

34 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Shame Ahui is away. I've only saw him twice this season but he's the most noticeably bad opponent player I've seen Morton come up against this season. Future generations will tell their grandkids about how bad his debut vs us was. 

jim carrey GIF

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

Its not the players folk are fucked off about, its the process, of the players brought in during the summer, Rose, Ahui, Senga, Young, Pendlebury and Amartey have all either been poor or left, Young only played well in the last 5 games. 

The players with a reputation in Scotland have been far and above the players sourced. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Everyone is going to give them a chance, but given our summer success with these type of signings some concern is completely valid. 

Ultimately we are still in a relegation battle, and needed some quality in certain positions. I’m assuming we’ll get a full back in soon too. Maybe we will be going with two up front, and won’t be getting that attacking midfielder in though. 

We need quality and experience and we keep taking random punts on players with no first team experience and no proven track record of performing at our level.  Brown has made a positive first impression, but there is still a sense that something is wrong with the management structure at the club.  Bullen was hopeless, but there’s no doubt he was badly let down by some hideous recruitment.  Has anything changed?

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

IMG_3159.jpeg

Oh he'll be fine then, we've got a game base known for not getting on players backs after one misplaced pass 👀

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Its not the players folk are fucked off about, its the process, of the players brought in during the summer, Rose, Ahui, Senga, Young, Pendlebury and Amartey have all either been poor or left, Young only played well in the last 5 games. 

The players with a reputation in Scotland have been far and above the players sourced. 

The players with a reputation also cost more and we are up against more competition to sign them. 

January is a month that frustrates all as you very rarely get exactly what you need. The big question marks for me is have we brought in players that are better than what we have. I’m confident with Sanders. I think McHugh is very different from Young and I think with Willoughby it’ll all come down to how he starts. He clearly need a bit of confidence so a good start on Saturday could get him up and running. All we’re looking for is enough to tide us over to the summer. I’m confident enough that the change in manager will play a far bigger role in that than who we sign. 

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

We need quality and experience and we keep taking random punts on players with no first team experience and no proven track record of performing at our level.  Brown has made a positive first impression, but there is still a sense that something is wrong with the management structure at the club.  Bullen was hopeless, but there’s no doubt he was badly let down by some hideous recruitment.  Has anything changed?

Bullen chose and had final say on who we signed so you can’t say he was let down.