The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Iain said:

Think Chalmers will be best in games where we have a lot of the ball. He's got a big role to play the rest of the way.

My gut feeling at the moment is that Chalmers won’t have the consistency or work rate to satisfy Brown.  But he has enough games to prove me wrong.  We’ll probably get outbid for him anyway come the summer.

29 minutes ago, Nelson said:

We were beginning to look really disjointed towards the end under Bullen, so good to see us at least look organised. Also good to see us go 2 up front, as Dowds was being left very isolated.  A lack of goals is still going to be an issue for us going forward, unless Willoughy turns out to be a lot better than his CV suggests.

Not sure where we are with Chalmers - needs to get the finger out pretty quickly if he wants a contract offer from us as I don’t think Brown will stand for that level of effort from him.  Seems like he will be quite ruthless (ask Albinson), so Chalmers needs to recognise quick that we’ve departed from Bullen’s enthusiastic dad style of management.

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

My gut feeling at the moment is that Chalmers won’t have the consistency or work rate to satisfy Brown.  But he has enough games to prove me wrong.  We’ll probably get outbid for him anyway come the summer.

You aren’t seriously having a go at Chalmers again, f**k me 😂

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Chalmers is a sheen on a hard working team, him and Murphy deserve a lot of credit for keeping us in a lot of games. He didn’t get much change today but that’s kind of expected. I’ve no complaints on Chalmers today. McCallister was at fault for the first and defensively looked all at sea but won a few free kicks. McKenzie did a lot. Dowds made sure Souter and Goldson were on a game. had Collum had a spine, we may have been in a game after an hour. 
once the cash is in the bank, onwards and upwards 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

You aren’t seriously having a go at Chalmers again, f**k me 😂

Fanboy alert….

I like Chalmers and he is capable of moments of real quality, but he’s been miles off it for weeks now.  Dundee Utd threw in the towel with him, and it’s easy to see why.  Hopefully Brown can get a reaction out of him.

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Chalmers is a sheen on a hard working team, him and Murphy deserve a lot of credit for keeping us in a lot of games. He didn’t get much change today but that’s kind of expected. I’ve no complaints on Chalmers today. McCallister was at fault for the first and defensively looked all at sea but won a few free kicks. McKenzie did a lot. Dowds made sure Souter and Goldson were on a game. had Collum had a spine, we may have been in a game after an hour. 
once the cash is in the bank, onwards and upwards 

Chalmers was poor for me.  Didn’t track back, distribution all over the place, generally powder puff.  If it was a one off performance against quality opposition, I’d say fine, but it’s where he’s been for weeks now.  Getting hooked in favour of Bryden is hopefully a wake up call.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Chalmers was poor for me.  Didn’t track back, distribution all over the place, generally powder puff.  If it was a one off performance against quality opposition, I’d say fine, but it’s where he’s been for weeks now.  Getting hooked in favour of Bryden is hopefully a wake up call.

Chalmers was never going to get much change out of the Rangers back four. He’s not a defensive player but He needed to be an out ball for the defence to take pressure off. I don’t think any players did that much surely to the pressure we were under. 

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Fanboy alert….

I like Chalmers and he is capable of moments of real quality, but he’s been miles off it for weeks now.  Dundee Utd threw in the towel with him, and it’s easy to see why.  Hopefully Brown can get a reaction out of him.

Imagine liking someone that has contributed most of our goals and any bits of quality 😂

It is absolute nonsense to suggest he didn’t work hard or track back today, it just isn’t true. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Chalmers was never going to get much change out of the Rangers back four. He’s not a defensive player but He needed to be an out ball for the defence to take pressure off. I don’t think any players did that much surely to the pressure we were under. 

If he doesn’t learn to add more defensive work to his game, I think he’ll struggle under Brown.  Lack of consistency and poor work rate were the reservations Dundee Utd had about him, and it’s difficult not to recognise those reservations. 

Just back in from the game.

1. Was great to see so many Ayr fans in the one section and loads of families with youngsters - hopefully getting the bug and making fans for life.

2. The orcs weren’t too bad thankfully.  The Ayrshire Loyal and Ayr Loyal flags they held up got laughed off so much they took them down.

3.  So glad we got Brown in, looks like he will get a tune out of this squad for the rest of the season.  Will be happy if we get his full contract out of him and more.

4.  Big Sean 🥰

5.  All I wanted was to avoid getting humped and to make the 1,750 Ayr fans there proud going home and looking forward to the next game.

🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍

8 minutes ago, Nelson said:

If he doesn’t learn to add more defensive work to his game, I think he’ll struggle under Brown.  Lack of consistency and poor work rate were the reservations Dundee Utd had about him, and it’s difficult not to recognise those reservations. 

We played a back 4, two defensive midfielders, McKenzie as a defensive forward and Murphy as a deep lying right midfielder. Dowds and Chalmers were the only offensive players in the team. If we’d given up many chance of winning, they could have played Smith rather than Chalmers and tried to choke the midfield. 

playing Chalmers was an outside chance of catching on the break that didn’t work. Had we been playing Dundee United or Raith, I’d be worried. 

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Imagine liking someone that has contributed most of our goals and any bits of quality 😂

It is absolute nonsense to suggest he didn’t work hard or track back today, it just isn’t true. 

Don’t talk to me, talk to Scott Brown.  He’s the one that hooked Chalmers after an hour in favour of a 19 year old centre forward when we were still were in the game.

Just now, Nelson said:

Don’t talk to me, talk to Scott Brown.  He’s the one that hooked Chalmers after an hour in favour of a 19 year old centre forward when we were still were in the game.

Umm I didn’t say Chalmers was good, it doesn’t mean he was subbed for not tracking back as that is just blatant nonsense. 

Bryden came on when Yilmaz did, for incredibly obvious reasons. Not for some imagined Scott Brown dislike of one of his best players.