The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Thought that was an excellent interview - Dowds is clearly an intelligent individual which is fairly rare in football. Would love to see him get signed eventually but more importantly I want him to go on from this and bag a lot more goals this season - it's what we need in this league (a regular scorer) and unless Broonie has a few more irons in the fire, that'll be vital this season and next.  

2 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Thought that was an excellent interview - Dowds is clearly an intelligent individual which is fairly rare in football. Would love to see him get signed eventually but more importantly I want him to go on from this and bag a lot more goals this season - it's what we need in this league (a regular scorer) and unless Broonie has a few more irons in the fire, that'll be vital this season and next.  

I've said it before but I would love if we signed him and Chalmers on permanent deals.

Both getting signed on on pre contracts would be a a massive boost, Dowds will guarantee you at least 10 goals and Chalmers probably at least 15 goals and assists I can't see us offering deals untill we are safe though.

Edited by Superhursty7

21 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I've said it before but I would love if we signed him and Chalmers on permanent deals.

Need to time the announcements right for maximum vibes just as we hit the 40 point mark.

47 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Two hard games coming up the half empty side of me says I'd take two points from both games just now, but I'd love to see us pick up at least four. I think Somerset will be rocking for these two games and I have nice memories of both the home games against Raith in the league one winning season.

It speaks volumes that I’m gutted I can’t make it this weekend!

In terms of relegation, I guess the question is whether we gamble to some extent with the squad we have and just try to survive to push more money towards next summer.  

We have two games before the end of the window, so it would be nice to be in a position where we feel far more sure of survival. It’s a shame that Queens Park are in excellent form. 

4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Just fucking remembered Dowds won’t be able to play a week on Tuesday against Thistle which is annoying. Hopefully Willoughby can show something next week to take his place. 

I’d be giving Willougby a solid half hour run out against Raith to try and get him up to the sharpness. I really don’t know what to make of him at the minute. It’s not as if he’s missed chances for us, he’s just barely been involved but I don’t think it’s in his game to get loads of touches on the ball unless he’s taking a shot. 

6 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Heard that apparently we've been unsuccessful in getting a grant from the SFA for the build of the new community building down at the away end.

Unsure if true but if so wonder if that means it won't happen now

I'm part of the hospital radio radio team that uses the facility and heard about this a few weeks ago, also believe there is other funding that has also been held back (not refused).

26 minutes ago, Weekeith said:

I'm part of the hospital radio radio team that uses the facility and heard about this a few weeks ago, also believe there is other funding that has also been held back (not refused).

Were you going to be otherwise accommodated had it been approved? 

14 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Heard that apparently we've been unsuccessful in getting a grant from the SFA for the build of the new community building down at the away end.

Unsure if true but if so wonder if that means it won't happen now

Would appear to be true, projects were announced on the 27th January.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/multi-sport-grassroots-facilities-programme-projects-2023-to-2024

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/65b26bf60b36360012226fe8/2023-24_projects_-_Scotland.ods

8 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’d be playing willoghby from the start against raith. It’s going to be him and McKenzie fii on r partick and don’t think 30 minutes is enough to help him bed in before that

Surely you would not want to drop a player who has just scored a hat trick when we are playing a team at the top of the league ? If he was suspended against a Partick  would you still drop him in the previous game ? 

25 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Surely you would not want to drop a player who has just scored a hat trick when we are playing a team at the top of the league ? If he was suspended against a Partick  would you still drop him in the previous game ? 

No I was meaning dropping McKenzie 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

No I was meaning dropping McKenzie 

Can’t see that happening. As much as fans don’t rate him, Brown has come in and hasn’t dropped him once so he clearly likes something about him. He’s basically another midfielder out of possession which is something I don’t think Willoughby can do. 

I see Willoughby as a straight swap for Dowds rather than McKenzie although I’ve not seen enough of him to base that on anything. Looking at his scoring record, he seems more of a centre forward who hits purple patches rather than a forward who does the shovel work like McKenzie. 
With two in the Middle, McKenzie does a lot of helping out, especially with Chalmers and Murphy.