The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If I was Mathie, look at who does it well like Stranraer. Ask them what set-up they use and mirror it. Invite their team up to the Morton game assuming they aren’t playing that night and go through it with the AU media guys. 

If the guys who do it aren’t tech savvy, put out a request. 

Are you an Ayr United fan? Do you have a degree in this? Do you like the idea of watching Ayr for free? 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

If I was Mathie, look at who does it well like Stranraer. Ask them what set-up they use and mirror it. Invite their team up to the Morton game assuming they aren’t playing that night and go through it with the AU media guys. 

If the guys who do it aren’t tech savvy, put out a request. 

Are you an Ayr United fan? Do you have a degree in this? Do you like the idea of watching Ayr for free? 

No doubt there would be some sneering down the nose as it’s lowly Stranraer.

It beggars belief that the live stream/highlights haven't been addressed... You can get better quality streaming live from Facebook or another social platform. I hope to god Mathie had this addressed and we're now just running the rest of season out with that appalling excuse of media output... it's not as if the club are unaware of it....

Stranraers highlights are great, love the net cam and I love the two that do Arbroaths, good banter!!

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

Just now, ComradeDiego said:

The club won’t address it until the new stand is open with the new media room etc, I would imagine.

That's my thinking/hope... Given the fans we have country/world wide surly it's a revenue stream that would not only pay for itself but generate a fair amount of income... If done well...!

I can live with the camera position and picture quality.  Both have improved since October 2020 but the sound is just terrible all the time.  

It sounds like the equipment has been soaked.  It doesn't sound like an actual technical issue to my ears.  

28 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Latest Championship form table has us joint top with Morton on 12 points in the 6 games since Bullen left. Arbroath clearly struggling but ICT and Dunfermline only picked up 6 so the upcoming games against that pair crucial.

Based on the opponents expected points per game, we've had the toughest run in the division.

Interestingly we are joint top scorers with Partick, but only Partick and Arbroath have conceded more goals so clear where the problem is.

Hopefully Stanger is fit for the weekend, as Sanders is basically selling a goal per game right now. 

Felt a bit for Sanders last night. He looked devastated at the own goal and still looked a bit down even at Full-time.

I don't think he's great but I do think he's a decent enough defender at this level if he's surrounded by other competent defenders.

The highlights / stream can be a gateway to bringing in fans and supporters both locally and around the world, if done well.

No point in enhancing professionalism across the board, yet leave out the “face” of the club - seems bonkers!

8 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Felt a bit for Sanders last night. He looked devastated at the own goal and still looked a bit down even at Full-time.

I don't think he's great but I do think he's a decent enough defender at this level if he's surrounded by other competent defenders.

Aye, I see him pretty much as a right sided version of McGinty. Big, physical and will win most in the air.  If Browns wanting to play out from the back, they're not the type of players that will be starting.  He won a few important headers, but just always looks shaky with the ball.

9 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

That tackle in stoppage time at Airdrie was nothing short of superb.

I actually thought Sanders was generally fine last night other than that moment -  I would need to see the other goals back though. The issue is you can’t have a defender selling a goal every game he plays. 

I think he looked pretty comfy on the ball tbh. Regardless, I prefer Stanger - he has most of the attributes Sanders had but also has a good bit of pace too. 

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Keeper made a couple of great saves, but was very poor at the 1st and 3rd goals.  I suspect the ship has already sailed, but I’d put Albinson back in.

The third?

I would need to see it back but I didn’t see anything he could do about Sanders shanking a clearance into his own net. 

It did look like he was hesitant at the first.

Tomi's goal everyone just looked knackered or they completely switched off. The fact he scored and they got level came as no surprise and it took a moment of brilliance from McHugh, who looks very good technically, to turn the tide.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Tomi's goal everyone just looked knackered or they completely switched off. The fact he scored and they got level came as no surprise and it took a moment of brilliance from McHugh, who looks very good technically, to turn the tide.

Musonda had a mare for Adeloye's goal, completely lost him. Wondered at the time how Adeloye managed to find so much space but that is why. Quick change of direction and he was away and Musonda was left with his arm in the air praying for offside.