The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Dowds doesn’t score enough but you always had Chalmers and Murphy either scoring or creating something. 

The last few team selections have made us absolutely toothless and one dimensional. 

Brown had us compact, hard to beat and we looked like we would be absolutely fine, maybe even scrape the promotion play-offs.  He just seems to be trying to make it really hard for himself and I don’t really know why. 

Huge win that, so fair play!

Always going to be reservations going forward in terms of the style of side that was picked today - but ultimately we just need to stay up. 

I’m not convinced that starting side would win very often!

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Dowds doesn’t score enough but you always had Chalmers and Murphy either scoring or creating something. 

The last few team selections have made us absolutely toothless and one dimensional. 

Brown had us compact, hard to beat and we looked like we would be absolutely fine, maybe even scrape the promotion play-offs.  He just seems to be trying to make it really hard for himself and I don’t really know why. 

It’s bizarre at this point but we don’t see the day to day training, effect on dressing room etc. I’d love a journalist, a proper one, to enquire about selections. Even still, if Harold Shipman was shite in training but still banging them in I’d be tempted to play him.

Also, yasssssss. I hope all the people questioning the lineup are eating humble cake. If you’re not I have a small bit of mine left.

The frustrating thing just now is, it is completely in or own hands. Beat Queens Park next Saturday and we will be 15 points off bottom, at least 4 points clear of Inverness and 5 clear of Queens Park with a game in hand. 

If we go out next Saturday with some mad line-up and formation, we will only have our self to blame. 

Inverness were dreadful today. 

2 hours ago, AUcal said:

Genuinely a bit angry to have travelled up having seen that line up. 

I would very much like the team to prove me wrong, of course. If they stick it to me, then fair fucks, i will be delighted.

But f**k me. I'm very concerned.

Well they got it right up me and I'm delighted.

It wasn't vintage by any stretch but todays performance was exactly what it needed to be, and we got a huge win. 

We were a very tight unit and it restricted Caley's play to f**k all as they played with very little width (which considering pur fullback deficiencies, was bizarre). They were shite, yes, but don't really care with how tight it all is just now in the table. Big 3 points.

Delicious humble pie. Although i still maintain that a bit of pace and width and it would have been even more comfortable. Well done Ayr.

6 hours ago, Iain said:

Need to stay a bit phlegmatic about things today, long way to go whatever the result.

f**k this, having a party 🕺🕺🕺

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Big win to make it 4 out of 7.

Not that you’d know it from reading this thread.

Brown has been better than Bullen in trying to change shape and style. we have been more competitive in many areas of the pitch. Losing Reading has meant some things have had to change. I am not concerned at the moment that long term, he will be a failure. 

Short term though, I am concerned that he is trying to change things too much, too quickly and by how much he has discarded some of our best players in favour of players who aren't really doing anything when they come in but are keeping their place

Wonder if either Chalmers has made it clear he's not going to sign with us next season or Brown has no intention of making a offer to him and he's decided he'd rather give game time to players who are going to be part of his plans for next year, cutting your nose off go to spite your face maybe but understandable 

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Big win to make it 4 out of 7.

Not that you’d know it from reading this thread.

Agreed- Brown has had only one window with no money ( like us all in lower leagues)-From reading this thread Bullen left you with a poor squad-  but Brown gets  your team to win away which is really hard  to get .IMO  Murphy by far the best player imo in your team but he is old and needs protection and maybe your manager thought it was a battle first and foremost- Dowds a far better team  player in every sense than Chalmers - the latter has undoubted skill but needs to work harder….. love to see the thread when you lose…..