The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, AUcal said:

There was a falling out between Brown and Albinson, they just don't get on. 

Seems the goalkeeping coach is away as well.

There must be more to it than that because even Bullen wasn't picking him. 

11 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Wasn’t the sponsor who announced it though, I presume.  And I doubt anyone needed the point made that we were pish.  

Honestly just get a life mate. 

It was funny if nothing else. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

There must be more to it than that because even Bullen wasn't picking him. 

There may well have been some underlying issue, prior to Brown coming in, I'm not sure. Have been told on good authority Brown and Albinson just don't see eye to eye. 

Just now, AUcal said:

There may well have been some underlying issue, prior to Brown coming in, I'm not sure. Have been told on good authority Brown and Albinson just don't see eye to eye. 

No biggie, Clarke is about the same level as Albinson has been this season anyway, made a bunch of good saves today. 

Unless Much is back for Friday I'd probably not bring him back in so we have a bit of consistency somewhere for the run in.   

Just now, itzdrk said:

No biggie, Clarke is about the same level as Albinson has been this season anyway, made a bunch of good saves today. 

Unless Much is back for Friday I'd probably not bring him back in so we have a bit of consistency somewhere for the run in.   

Mutch was in the Hub today with his arm still in a sling so he's not coming back soon

2 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Its not about if they don't get on,he's the best keeper at the club,the club comes first he needs to play,because this lad in nets is not good enough.The defence is bad enough but if you know your keeper aint coming for crosses,or commands his box that puts even more pressure on the back 4.

4 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Can’t remember a player regressing as quickly as Albinson has. Doubted it at first but the fact it coincided with Timmins leaving maybe isn't a coincidence. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Clarke was getting pelters from people standing around me today. I can’t really recall him doing anything wrong since he came in. Certainly not to the level of Albinson when he was chucking them in. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Clarke was getting pelters from people standing around me today. I can’t really recall him doing anything wrong since he came in. Certainly not to the level of Albinson when he was chucking them in. 

Some folk just decided they didn't like him instantly.  

Same with McGeady, someone behind the commentators was shouting at him every time he was on or near the ball.  

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Can’t remember a player regressing as quickly as Albinson has. Doubted it at first but the fact it coincided with Timmins leaving maybe isn't a coincidence. 

He chucked one in against Dunfermline, but was decent enough today. 

I do find it a bit worrying when a new manager comes in and there are issues with players who have played under numerous managers previously without any issues. It could obviously just be a one off though, and hopefully doesn’t become a pattern. 

Albinson single handedly changed the Dundee United game at home from us winning it 1-0 to losing it 2-1, those 3 points lost could be a catastrophic difference come the end of the season. 

That's far worse than anything Clarke has perhaps not got right so far IMO

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Out for at least 6 months. 

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Out for at least 6 months. 

Hope our remaining opponents aren't reading or you'll be done for treason. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He chucked one in against Dunfermline, but was decent enough today. 

I do find it a bit worrying when a new manager comes in and there are issues with players who have played under numerous managers previously without any issues. It could obviously just be a one off though, and hopefully doesn’t become a pattern. 

It’s only one player that we’ve heard he has an issue with though? And it was someone who was letting the team down. Brown obviously has high standards and wasn’t prepared to wait it out until the summer with Albinson which is fair enough. Clarke hasn’t had a clean sheet yet (something he’s getting a roasting for on Facebook) but he’s made a lot of big saves in games we’ve won and it would’ve been 4 or 5 today without him. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Aye would agree with this. Albinson was a far poorer goalkeeper this season. Not sure what has happened there as he was, imo, far and away the best keeper in the league last season.

Clarke has had very impressive moments and really poor moments in equal measure so far. I found the shouts today to be very strange, can't remember him doing anything wrong today.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Hope our remaining opponents aren't reading or you'll be done for treason. 

I dread to think how bad today’s score line would have been if Queen’s Park knew Dempsey was injured.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

I dread to think how bad today’s score line would have been if Queen’s Park knew Dempsey was injured.

:lol:

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

It’s only one player that we’ve heard he has an issue with though? And it was someone who was letting the team down. Brown obviously has high standards and wasn’t prepared to wait it out until the summer with Albinson which is fair enough. Clarke hasn’t had a clean sheet yet (something he’s getting a roasting for on Facebook) but he’s made a lot of big saves in games we’ve won and it would’ve been 4 or 5 today without him. 

I know - that’s why I said hopefully it’s just a one off. It’s not like Albinson hasn’t been a good professional with us, either as a back up or starter over several years either. There have still been strange team selections on top of that, but we’ll have a better idea next year. 

I’m completely fine with Clarke starting over him at the moment. 

So far the high standards only seem to apply to certain players tbh, so I’m not buying that too much. We’ll see if Sanders starts again on Friday night.