The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm seriously concerned about this entire charade with Brown, however if the GK coach is away then that's great news. 

Edited by Shibuya

Honestly not sure what miracles people expect from Brown.  The players he had at his disposal today were just woeful.  No amount of formation changes can overcome that.  

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Honestly not sure what miracles people expect from Brown.  The players he had at his disposal today were just woeful.  No amount of formation changes can overcome that.  

Not taking off Jamie Murphy, playing Bryden over Amartey, introducing McGeady before Amartey or playing Fraser Bryden as a left wing back for a start. He has inherited a shit show, but he doesn’t need to make things harder for himself. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Not taking off Jamie Murphy, playing Bryden over Amartey, introducing McGeady before Amartey or playing Fraser Bryden as a left wing back for a start. He has inherited a shit show, but he doesn’t need to make things harder for himself. 

I’m guessing Murphy is still carrying an injury.  He was certainly ineffective in the first half.  Not sure what to make of Amartey.  Bullen and now Brown just don’t seem to fancy him.   I can’t say I’ve ever seen that much in him - he surely deserves more game time, but it’s hard to avoid the suspicion that we’re grasping at straws a bit.  Looking at the bench, I’m not sure there was much we could have done to change things.  There was just a fundamental lack of quality throughout the team.

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I’m guessing Murphy is still carrying an injury.  He was certainly ineffective in the first half.  Not sure what to make of Amartey.  Bullen and now Brown just don’t seem to fancy him.   I can’t say I’ve ever seen that much in him - he surely deserves more game time, but it’s hard to avoid the suspicion that we’re grasping at straws a bit.  Looking at the bench, I’m not sure there was much we could have done to change things.  There was just a fundamental lack of quality throughout the team.

Absolutely - the squad today was a pile of shite. 

We are definitely grasping at draws and I don’t think we are talking game changing differences but he is evidently better than Bryden and McGeady. 

Bryden won’t produce what Amartey did against Raith in that position in his entire career. He has started once since then - a game in which he produced one of our better individual performances this season. 

So far Brown feels a very similar style of manager to Bullen so I don’t buy into the not rated by either Brown or Bullen thing. It’s work rate and energy before anything else - if anything Brown seems to value that to a greater extent so far. 

Very few positives to take from that and more pressure to get a result on Friday. Only players I'd give some credit to were Dowds ( worked hard, but if he's doing all the work where are the goals coming from), Stanger (looked the steadiest of the defence) and Tomlinson (tried to get forward and create something). Midfield were awful and McKenzie and Bryden were passengers.

3 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Can only piss with the cock you got is my opinion. I'd give him the summer and his own team before wanting to move on to anyone else.

That's what concerns me, the players he has brought in so far, do not fill me with confidence. There seems to be a chain of thought that he will replace most of this squad with a higher quality. Is that level of player going to want to come here if  we struggle to remain in the league? Look at what we signed after finishing 2nd last year- Murphy the only decent shout and a handful of hit and miss loans. Will Brown be allowed his own recruitment over the existing method from Mathie and Glendinning? The clear issue this season is the obvious clusterfuq of recruiting/lack of recruiting necessary positions. I don't see that changing much and we will be no further on. We seemed to look on the up after bullens exit and played with structure and discipline. Now we have centre forwards playing full back. Airdrie, Raith, Morton, Arbroath, Dundee Utd, Partick ,Dunfermline the remaining games and after today I don't see many points for us from that run in. I hope to be proved wrong . 

2 minutes ago, Only me... said:

That's what concerns me, the players he has brought in so far, do not fill me with confidence. There seems to be a chain of thought that he will replace most of this squad with a higher quality. Is that level of player going to want to come here if  we struggle to remain in the league? Look at what we signed after finishing 2nd last year- Murphy the only decent shout and a handful of hit and miss loans. Will Brown be allowed his own recruitment over the existing method from Mathie and Glendinning? The clear issue this season is the obvious clusterfuq of recruiting/lack of recruiting necessary positions. I don't see that changing much and we will be no further on. We seemed to look on the up after bullens exit and played with structure and discipline. Now we have centre forwards playing full back. Airdrie, Raith, Morton, Arbroath, Dundee Utd, Partick ,Dunfermline the remaining games and after today I don't see many points for us from that run in. I hope to be proved wrong . 

The January signings of McHugh, Clarke, Sanders and McGinlay certainly seem to be following the pattern of the season. Two shite, one okay in Clarke and the jury is very much not out on McHugh after that ckusterfuck of a performance from him today. 

Letting Finn Ecrepont go so early in the window continues to look like an appalling bit of business too. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Absolutely - the squad today was a pile of shite. 

We are definitely grasping at draws and I don’t think we are talking game changing differences but he is evidently better than Bryden and McGeady. 

Bryden won’t produce what Amartey did against Raith in that position in his entire career. He has started once since then - a game in which he produced one of our better individual performances this season. 

So far Brown feels a very similar style of manager to Bullen so I don’t buy into the not rated by either Brown or Bullen thing. It’s work rate and energy before anything else - if anything Brown seems to value that to a greater extent so far. 

I’ve been generally impressed with Brown.  The whole Albinson thing is a bit weird and I doubt we’ll ever get the full story.  Clarke is an absolute liability so we’re definitely cutting off our noses on that one.  But beyond that, Brown is stuck with a squad that is just chronically short of quality in every area of the park, and is now compromised further by injuries.   I don’t think Amartey offers much of an answer, but he’s at least due the opportunity to prove the point.  

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The January signings of McHugh, Clarke, Sanders and McGinlay certainly seem to be following the pattern of the season. Two shite, one okay in Clarke and the jury is very much not out on McHugh after that ckusterfuck of a performance from him today. 

Letting Finn Ecrepont go so early in the window continues to look like an appalling bit of business too. 

Aye considering we’ve got three players at the club who can play left back (to varying degrees of competency) and all of them are unavailable. I do wonder what Brown would’ve done with Ecrepont though? Would absolutely be using him now. 

I do find it hard to judge any manager on what they do in January. It’s a ridiculous month and clubs very rarely strengthen what they have unless they get lucky or spend money. Looking at the business we’ve done, Brown has only really replaced guys that were recalled or guys he straight away deemed not good enough. We definitely haven’t improved on any positions but I wouldn’t say we are outright poorer in any areas either. 

I think he needs to be ruthless in the summer and give himself enough scope to build his own squad. 

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye considering we’ve got three players at the club who can play left back (to varying degrees of competency) and all of them are unavailable. I do wonder what Brown would’ve done with Ecrepont though? Would absolutely be using him now. 

I do find it hard to judge any manager on what they do in January. It’s a ridiculous month and clubs very rarely strengthen what they have unless they get lucky or spend money. Looking at the business we’ve done, Brown has only really replaced guys that were recalled or guys he straight away deemed not good enough. We definitely haven’t improved on any positions but I wouldn’t say we are outright poorer in any areas either. 

I think he needs to be ruthless in the summer and give himself enough scope to build his own squad. 

Yeah - he would be starting now and be an improvement on McGinty and Musonda out there but that’s about it. 

I don’t really blame Brown for January, we don’t really know how much involvement he had either. Sanders looked like a decent signing which hasn’t materialised while McGinlay appears to have been a desperation signing - one that is very much on the wider recruitment issues. 

We are definitely poorer in the full back areas post January though. 

How many of these imposters are we stuck with? I'm honestly fed up with them.

Stanger, Dempsey, Syla, Murphy, McGeady and Bryden?

Edited by Shibuya

48 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Very few positives to take from that and more pressure to get a result on Friday. Only players I'd give some credit to were Dowds ( worked hard, but if he's doing all the work where are the goals coming from), Stanger (looked the steadiest of the defence) and Tomlinson (tried to get forward and create something). Midfield were awful and McKenzie and Bryden were passengers.

Stanger was woeful today

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Paton losing the plot at the end was weird. Guys got massive problems or he’s just a total w**k. Spent a good minute squaring up the the Somerset road end screaming abuse. Not one Ayr player got involved. Which was no surprise. Would have involved breaking sweat 

There was some very nasty and irresponsible shouts from the SRE end today and Ruari was just responding to the Ayr supporters that there is no need for that. It's a game of football so please keep your awful abuse away from this sport. No need for the bile. Just enjoy the game bring your kids and your grandchildren and enjoy the day out . It's just a game.  Life is much more important.  Stop the hatred to other teams and breath in the good things in life xx

1 minute ago, It is our time to shine said:

There was some very nasty and irresponsible shouts from the SRE end today and Ruari was just responding to the Ayr supporters that there is no need for that. It's a game of football so please keep your awful abuse away from this sport. No need for the bile. Just enjoy the game bring your kids and your grandchildren and enjoy the day out . It's just a game.  Life is much more important.  Stop the hatred to other teams and breath in the good things in life xx

f**k off

12 minutes ago, It is our time to shine said:

puke-throw-up.gif