The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, Peil said:

If any employer, football or otherwise, isn't tracking performance data and can't evidence why they do not want to extend a fixed term contract, then hell mend them.

These will most likely be smart goals, or should be, that will be directly linked and provable through data. So that it can’t be a case of your manager giving you a poor review because they don’t like you. 

With the scouting data available, it would be easy for someone to have a look at the way people perform and know who should stay or go.

But like any walk of life, if your pish both your manager likes you, you’d probably be ok. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would’ve been fairly easy for Amartey to take the huff given he wasn’t playing. Seems to have a real desire to play for us and his comments on Brown are pretty positive. 

It all depends on what he’s like behind the scenes, if he’s a poor trainer generally but a good performer on match days, he just needed a few games, or he’s had his thumb up his arse for 8 months and suddenly realised he was coming to the end of a full time deal and has started less games than the amount of strips the club has released. 

I remember slating him after a couple of league games, saying he didn’t do anything, someone pointed out he’d scored 2 and assisted in another 3 goals in his brief appearances. So he seems to do a lot in short bursts but maybe not enough for the way we play. I don’t think he’s played a full 90 all season or started two games in a row very often. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It all depends on what he’s like behind the scenes, if he’s a poor trainer generally but a good performer on match days, he just needed a few games, or he’s had his thumb up his arse for 8 months and suddenly realised he was coming to the end of a full time deal and has started less games than the amount of strips the club has released. 

I remember slating him after a couple of league games, saying he didn’t do anything, someone pointed out he’d scored 2 and assisted in another 3 goals in his brief appearances. So he seems to do a lot in short bursts but maybe not enough for the way we play. I don’t think he’s played a full 90 all season or started two games in a row very often. 

I seem to remember him being very quick and nothing else. Very little end product. However on Tuesday he seemed to have some idea of where he was supposed to be playing, played a great ball in for Dowds and looked really strong when holding the ball up. 

He mentions in there that Brown makes certain demands of his wide players and there was maybe a bit of adjustment for him having to get used to that but then Brown deserves a bit of credit for giving him a chance again if he’s shown up well in training. 

I’d easily start him on Saturday. I’d bring Murphy back in to play on the opposite side though. 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

These will most likely be smart goals, or should be, that will be directly linked and provable through data. So that it can’t be a case of your manager giving you a poor review because they don’t like you. 

With the scouting data available, it would be easy for someone to have a look at the way people perform and know who should stay or go.

But like any walk of life, if your pish both your manager likes you, you’d probably be ok. 

I have a strong suspicion we're all overestimating the clubs internal data analysis of players, beyond "eyes and ears" of coaching staff.

Will a loss for ICT on Friday night and a win for us on Saturday see us safe do you think?

Would put us 7 points ahead with 3 games to go

Us:  

Dundee Utd A 

Partick A

Pars H

ICT:

Raith H

Pars A

Morton H

18 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Will a loss for ICT on Friday night and a win for us on Saturday see us safe do you think?

Us:  

Dundee Utd A 

Partick A

Pars H

ICT:

Raith H

Pars A

Morton H

After our last season's astonishing finishing position, I wouldn't be counting any chickens regarding ICT - they'll feel they owe us a surprise or two.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would’ve been fairly easy for Amartey to take the huff given he wasn’t playing. Seems to have a real desire to play for us and his comments on Brown are pretty positive. 

It's reassuring too that he is not suffering from the traditional homesickness that seems to afflict players from south of Sanquhar.

41 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Us:  

Dundee Utd A 

Partick A

Pars H

ICT:

Raith H

Pars A

Morton H

The good thing about ICT s run in is that they are playing teams around us ( Dunfermline and Morton) , so cutting  each others points available 

Edited by Finlay21

47 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Us:  

Dundee Utd A 

Partick A

Pars H

ICT:

Raith H

Pars A

Morton H

Ayr beat Arbroath on Saturday

Queens Park beat Inverness on Saturday

Raith beat Inverness next Friday

Leaves Ayr P33 on 42 points

Leaves Inverness P34 on 35 points

We'd therefore be safe as we would be 7 clear of them with them only having 6 more points to play for.

47 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Ayr beat Arbroath on Saturday

Queens Park beat Inverness on Saturday

Raith beat Inverness next Friday

Leaves Ayr P33 on 42 points

Leaves Inverness P34 on 35 points

We'd therefore be safe as we would be 7 clear of them with them only having 6 more points to play for.

There’s another 3 games left after Saturday so that’s 9 points left to play. 

We win on Saturday and we are 99% safe. To be caught by Caley we’d have to lose all three games and they would have to win two and draw one. The only advantage they’d have over us is goal difference. 

I think it’s far more likely that we win on Saturday. Inverness also lose. We then both lose next week to Dundee Utd and Raith respectively and then it’s a 7 point gap with two games to play. We then have two free hits against Partick and Dunfermline. 

44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We then have two free hits against Partick and Dunfermline. 

A calm, relaxed, nothing to be panicking about end to the season? What is this madness.

If we stay up, I think we can officially say the yo yo years are behind us I think only Morton and Cally Thistle will have been in the championship continuously since we came back up, part of the long term goal under both Cameron and Smith was to become an established Championship team and that's certainly been achieved.

Having a thot on signing/player situation and the fear that's shared by a lot of us given our recent recruitment issues.... Obviously we all hope for the best but have the fear. I would think, providing we stay up and with the new hospitality being smiths baby, that it will be opened with some amount of fanfare and possibly a few stand out new faces in the team. Possibly on a summer open day. I see Brown and Whitty as pretty big management signing for our level and that it should intent of progression. What's folks thoughts? 

Never forget we finished 2nd last season with a wad of cash and continued to completely f**k it this season leaving us in serious threat of relegation. 

Bangala levels of incompetence. 

2 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

If we stay up, I think we can officially say the yo yo years are behind us

Ludicrous. Falkirk will finish above Ayr next season. There won't be a part-time side to kick around. Next season will be a relegation battle from the start.

Any team that spends more than a single season at this level is in utter peril. It wasn't that long ago at all that ICT dropping into League One was preposterous.

Edited by Thumper

57 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Ludicrous. Falkirk will finish above Ayr next season. There won't be a part-time side to kick around. Next season will be a relegation battle from the start.

Any team that spends more than a single season at this level is in utter peril. It wasn't that long ago at all that ICT dropping into League One was preposterous.

Are Airdrie not the hybrid part/full time model that we were in the season we got relegated?

5 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

If we stay up, I think we can officially say the yo yo years are behind us

Technically aye, as we literally haven’t come up and down and up and down. We are expected to be an established 2nd tier team now. But this is the championship and it’s pretty much a tombola between who finishes 2nd-8th most seasons. At least in the last 5 or 6 years. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

13 hours ago, Caledonian said:

It's reassuring too that he is not suffering from the traditional homesickness that seems to afflict players from south of Sanquhar.

Maybe Mr Brown let him go to the family sports day? 

He's one of those players that definitely has something,  but just not quite enough end product for our game, like the Irish messi last year. I hope he has found some sort of groove after Tuesday and now goes on a rampage in the last few games.

Maybe the reason for attacking the Somerset Road end in the first half is down to us scoring first in only one of the last 6 games, at Inverness. Maybe Brown is trying to get us to actually take the lead and build on it, rather than having to chase the game every week. It hasn't worked yet, as we have conceded the first goal in every home game since we started it, but it's worth a thought. 

11 hours ago, mugen_power said:

Are Airdrie not the hybrid part/full time model that we were in the season we got relegated?

They are, but it seems to be a quite different setup from the carpet fitters and fishermen that define Scottish part-time football.

55 minutes ago, yorkshirepud said:

Maybe the reason for attacking the Somerset Road end in the first half is down to us scoring first in only one of the last 6 games, at Inverness. Maybe Brown is trying to get us to actually take the lead and build on it, rather than having to chase the game every week. It hasn't worked yet, as we have conceded the first goal in every home game since we started it, but it's worth a thought. 

This is probably correct, but you can't blame the fans for being annoyed with it, and it also has the exact opposite of the intended psychological effect if the team trudge into the changing room at halftime a goal down knowing that they're shooting into the opposition end next.

4 hours ago, Only me... said:

He's one of those players that definitely has something,  but just not quite enough end product for our game, like the Irish messi last year.

Ironic that the club got rid of an irish winger with no end product considering who subsequently got brought in.

Edited by Thumper