The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Ironic that the club got rid of an irish winger with no end product considering who subsequently got brought in.

There's Irish and then there's "Irish" I suppose. McGiethebawaway will surely be backroom staff only for next season.

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

They are, but it seems to be a quite different setup from the carpet fitters and fishermen that define Scottish part-time football.

This is probably correct, but you can't blame the fans for being annoyed with it, and it also has the exact opposite of the intended psychological effect if the team trudge into the changing room at halftime a goal down knowing that they're shooting into the opposition end next.

Ironic that the club got rid of an irish winger with no end product considering who subsequently got brought in.

16 goals and 15 assists or something like that this season for O'Connor.  Never got a fair whack at us, never started 2 games in a row under Bullen I think, which is incredible.

14 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

16 goals and 15 assists or something like that this season for O'Connor.  Never got a fair whack at us, never started 2 games in a row under Bullen I think, which is incredible.

I also agree that O’Connor didn’t get a real chance with us but I feel that the league he is now playing in is a step down from Scottish Championship.

He have had so many wingers that haven’t fit in to Scottish football or the system we play. So either we are not willing to accommodate wide players by tweaking the system or the players we are bringing in are poor, meaning we can’t tweak the system we play to accommodate wide players….or both.

Since McDaid and Forrest left, we’ve had a series of duds. Gondoh, Zanatta, JML….Chalmers and Murphy have been the break in the chain, Chalmers doesn’t do the spade work Brown wants and Murphy doesn’t play a full 90. 

There aren't many teams in the Championship with out-and-out decent wingers; how many times do we actually play against one? I would say Dom Thomas is about the best and even he is kicking about at Queens Park!

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

There aren't many teams in the Championship with out-and-out decent wingers; how many times do we actually play against one? I would say Dom Thomas is about the best and even he is kicking about at Queens Park!

It’s amazing that Dundee United let Chalmers go and kept Middleton 

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Not sure if I’m reading the email right - is it just ST holders from the stand who have the option of moving to the new stand or all ST holders?

Anyone can pick a seat , you would need to change from terracing and chose to move to a seat I am led to believe 

Just now, Finlay21 said:

Anyone can pick a seat , you would need to change from terracing and chose to move to a seat I am led to believe 

Ah, thanks for the clarification.  My spot on the North Terrace is away now, so I think I’d rather go to the stand.  

39 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Club seem to be very coy about releasing details on the price of season tickets…

I think it’s fair to assume they’ll be up as well as the walk up prices. It’ll be interesting to see if there’s a drop or increase in season ticket purchases or how the club actually plan on selling them to people who are on the fence. 

I do believe that the club took a lot for granted last summer. I think they’ll need to be far more active and get a couple of deals over the line early on if they want to generate a bit of buzz around the place. I have heard that the club plan to back Brown quite significantly this summer but we can’t have a repeat of last year where it seemed like every week we were missing out on someone. 

Will there be a chance for match to match punters to get in the new stand next season or will most of the seats be taken by season tickets? Will the price for the seats in the new stand be the same price as standing on the terrace? 

45 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think it’s fair to assume they’ll be up as well as the walk up prices. It’ll be interesting to see if there’s a drop or increase in season ticket purchases or how the club actually plan on selling them to people who are on the fence. 

I do believe that the club took a lot for granted last summer. I think they’ll need to be far more active and get a couple of deals over the line early on if they want to generate a bit of buzz around the place. I have heard that the club plan to back Brown quite significantly this summer but we can’t have a repeat of last year where it seemed like every week we were missing out on someone. 

I'm very much a fence sitter at the moment. It's been a few years since I last had a S.T. Family money is tight and I have to be convinced to part with my hard earned dough. Gone are the days for me, of blindly handing it over, out of love for our club. I'd also be happy enough to pay an increased price, if there's quality to justify it, not just to pay Mathie to waffle shite.

I hope the backing is there and we kick on, as soon as we're safe. Since Smith took over, I've been trying my best to buy into this vision/dream, building a fantastic future for club and town. I know many, many people in the same boat, that really want to get behind this but they'll not pay for dross. Some are even O.F. fans but would take their kids along to Somerset on the regular. A lot have tried the past few seasons, because when Smith came in, there really was a buzz about the town for AUFC. They turned up, seen what was on offer and patched it. That buzz had all but disappeared under Bullen. It's took a wee lift when Broon came in but the club are really going to have to work hard to get it back, to get us disenfranchised fans back and to drum up new, or occasional fans in, in my opinion of course.

* I love the work that's gone in off the field, even admire it. I have put money into the club via family functions at Camerons as well as match days etc. But as much as a fresh tarmac parking area gives me a hard on, it won't get me to part with £ for a season ticket to watch what's mainly been on offer so far.

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

That second Dundee United goal tonight is really frustrating as we must have fluffed that same chance 5 times midweek 

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That second Dundee United goal tonight is really frustrating as we must have fluffed that same chance 5 times midweek 

We lack a natural goalscorer. Dowds is good but he doesn’t do scrappy goals like that. I’d like to see Willoughby back involved. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think it’s fair to assume they’ll be up as well as the walk up prices.

Aye no shit. Just a matter of where it'll land on the Fucking Hell scale when it's released.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’ll be interesting to see if there’s a drop or increase in season ticket purchases or how the club actually plan on selling them to people who are on the fence. 

It was easier last season coming off of how that panned out. Not sure what the tactic will be for next season. Come buy a ST, we promise not to f**k it up this time..

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Aye no shit. Just a matter of where it'll land on the Fucking Hell scale when it's released.

It was easier last season coming off of how that panned out. Not sure what the tactic will be for next season. Come buy a ST, we promise not to f**k it up this time..

I'm going for the "Scott Brown Needs You", "Buy Your War Bonds / Season Tickets" style

13 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Since McDaid and Forrest left, we’ve had a series of duds. Gondoh, Zanatta, JML….Chalmers and Murphy have been the break in the chain, Chalmers doesn’t do the spade work Brown wants and Murphy doesn’t play a full 90. 

McDaid is another example of the Uncle Ian pixie dust. Fine at Ayr (highlight being the Tannadice Slaughter as always). dropped off a cliff afterwards.

[edit: on some level I understand that this was now six years ago, but I still can't really accept it]

Edited by Thumper