The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

When he's not having a monumental brain fart, Jack Sanders is a very good centre back. Would have him permanently without a question.

He played very well today, would have to see him do it more often though. 

Stranger was good again today. 

It's good to look decent against a side as bad as Arbroath though. Good win though, I'll take it.

Important win against an extremely poor Arbroath team.

Thought Amartey had a good game and made some good runs. Dempsey seemed to take his goal very well after a lovely wee pass from Murphy.

Good performance without really getting in to any flow, Arbroath broke most of our play up and the game was very scrappy 

Stone wall penalty at the first, I have no idea what Sanders was doing but he is clearly the most stupid footballer I’ve ever seen. Running from the half way to have a go at Willoughby for taking the penalty off Murphy. 

Musondas goal came from a good pass from Dowds and Willoughby doing something that Dowds struggles with, turning in the box with his back to goal and getting a shot away, good work from Musonda to follow up. 

McGeady came on and his first 5 passes went to the opposition, great through ball for Chalmers though. 4-0 you hope he’s going to come on and put on a show. 

5-0 and a clean sheet in a game we had so many players out and didn’t look like conceding a goal, while not being great but professional all the same is a good sign. 

Inverness winning was probably the worst result for us, Airdrie winning wasn’t ideal either, Dundee United will look to win the league at home next week, which may put a lot of pressure on them. We then play Thistle who will need the points to stay third. 
We may be playing Dunfermline on the last day to secure any place between 5th and 9th. 

12 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Great win today against probably the worst team since Brechin 2018 to play at this level. Musonda at left back looked the business today, easily head and shoulders our best player today. 

Dempsey played really well today, McCallister was absolutely fine verging on good today which is a big leap forward for him. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Dempsey played really well today, McCallister was absolutely fine verging on good today which is a big leap forward for him. 

The defense was fine today granted they were under no pressure all game.

Chalmers looked class when he came on too.

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

The defense was fine today granted they were under no pressure all game.

Chalmers looked class when he came on too.

Did he? 

It’s hard to tell from the SRE but I thought he was pretty quiet albeit I think both teams were happy for the game to be over. If McGeady actually bothered his arse he could’ve played Chalmers in a couple of times. 

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'm not saying MaCallister has turned into a first choice championship level full back but Brown has developed him more in 4 months that Hopkin, Duffy and Bullen did in almost 3 years 

First time I've managed to get to a game since Bullen left. 

Although it was against a poor Arbroath team I think Brown has made a big difference to a few players. 

McAllister looked a lot less rash and didn't seem to just be charging about like a headless chicken. 

Amartey looked dangerous and although he wasn't flying by folk he was always in the right place and got us into a few dangerous positions. Played well. 

Musonda just ran all day. Him and Murphy linked well on the left. Both played well .

Dempsey looked a lot better than the last time I had seen him. More like the player we thought he was.

The rest all had decent games as well. Thought Sanders looked comfortable next to Stanger and both of them used the ball well.

Vast improvement since the tail end of last year in that we seem to be able to create some chances now. 

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did he? 

It’s hard to tell from the SRE but I thought he was pretty quiet albeit I think both teams were happy for the game to be over. If McGeady actually bothered his arse he could’ve played Chalmers in a couple of times. 

Done really well to skip past 2 Arbroath players before squaring to Dowds. Thought he looked lively when he came on.

How worried are we that the three teams directly below us will suddenly turn into elite winning machines over the last few games?

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

When he's not having a monumental brain fart, Jack Sanders is a very good centre back. Would have him permanently without a question.

OMG he’s a bomb scare. The sooner he’s back up the A77 the better. Get McGinty back in the team

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Great win today against probably the worst team since Brechin 2018 to play at this level. Musonda at left back looked the business today, easily head and shoulders our best player today. 

Yes but he’s not a wing back. Remember the calibre of player he was up against. Way too slow for that position.

We've now earned more points in the 13 league games since Bullen left than we managed in the 20 he managed to start the season.

5 minutes ago, Iain said:

We've now earned more points in the 13 league games since Bullen left than we managed in the 20 he managed to start the season.

Progress. Rather than a “manager bump” we got a “manager speed bump”. I’ll take it.

30 minutes ago, Iain said:

How worried are we that the three teams directly below us will suddenly turn into elite winning machines over the last few games?

Only two that matter but a bit worried. Can't see where we're getting 3 points with the games left.

Chalmers was decent in his cameo, he was left short with a few passes by our technical manager (and they struggled to get on the same wavelength) but overall he did well. He set up Dowds, who somehow poked it wide from a few yards, and also put in the deep cross that led to Musonda's blocked volley. Chalmers will never score an easier goal than he did today but I do get the impression that Brown won't be going out of his way to sign him, which is a shame.