The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

58 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

He was down south also last season and had there been interest IUnited would have moved him on by now. I agree that some teams in the league will be keen on signing him. Others who play a certain system and allow less of a free role won't. If he is going to be one of our top earners then happy if signs providing they build a team around him. If Brown wants a certain work rate and more of an overall game from the players then money better spent elsewhere

Someone would have had to pay a fee though.

That is a myth too, Chalmers doesn’t have a free role. He has also came into a Brown side, and scored two goals in 140 minutes. 

He will obviously give the ball away more than someone like Bryden as he tries things. If we don’t keep him then there obviously needs to be a middle ground as opposed to playing a skinny Cameron Salkeld out wide. 

It's all good having a lovely new stand but we need a couple of things to fill it, one of them is a player who excites you and gets you off your newly padded seats, Chalmers can do that and yes if he was doing it regularly he would not be on loan at us he'd be playing for Dundee United or back down south but Browns not daft he knows he good for at least 8 to 10 goals a season and probably the same on assists I definitely think he will be trying to make the move to get him on board for next year.

Edited by Superhursty7

12 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Listen boys, I'm no everyone's cup of tea on here and that's ok but I found out my granda died just before kick off.  It was him that got me into Ayr, the first game he took me to was a 5-0 win so the boys did something really special for me today.  

Sorry for your loss. First game with my dad was in 1963 and last before he died was 2004. I still miss him at games even now.

I don't think Chalmers will be here next season, nor McGinty.

Wise of them to announce McAllister's extension before the ST's were announced though, sure a few folk were on the fence till they heard that.

42 minutes ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

Stood in the Prince of Wales

How long has the Ice of Ales been gone now? Like the Odeon Bar, a permanent memory of my childhood that I never actually got to partake in.

4 hours ago, AyrExile said:

I see this word hater getting thrown around. Please feel free to highlight any examples as almost everyone rates Chalmers on here 

Ach it wasn't meant seriously. Just one of these regular debates on here, which runs the gamut from "best player at the club" to "would be happy to see him turning up for Falkirk next season" (for what its worth the correct position is 90% of the way towards the former).

34 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

It's all good having a lovely new stand but we need a couple of things to fill it, one of them is a player who excites you and gets you off your newly padded seats, Chalmers can do that and yes if he was doing it regularly he would not be on loan at us he'd be playing for Dundee United or back down south but Browns not daft he knows he good for at least 8 to 10 goals a season and probably the same on assists I definitely think he will be trying to make the move to get him on board for next year.

A full season out of Chalmers and I think he gets you twelve to fifteen goals… especially in a better team. 

A goal every 200 minutes this season. 

33 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I don't think Chalmers will be here next season, nor McGinty.

Wise of them to announce McAllister's extension before the ST's were announced though, sure a few folk were on the fence till they heard that.

Never thought about McGinty,  his contract is up at the end of May.  Need to show some aggression in the transfer market early on this year to be taken seriously.

13 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Never thought about McGinty,  his contract is up at the end of May.  Need to show some aggression in the transfer market early on this year to be taken seriously.

He signed a two year extension last summer so is under contract until 2025.

As for the talk about Chalmers I would definitely try to get him permanently this summer but he's definitely not worth breaking the bank for. If his demands are too much just move on.

4 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

He signed a two year extension last summer so is under contract until 2025.

As for the talk about Chalmers I would definitely try to get him permanently this summer but he's definitely not worth breaking the bank for. If his demands are too much just move on.

My bad. I just looked up transfermarkt.co.uk and it has him ending this season. Don't believe everything you read on the internet they say. 

believe as of right now we have signed up

Mutch, Ecrepont, McGinty, Stanger, McAllister, Watret, Syla, Dempsey, Murphy, McGeady, Tomlinson, McKenzie, Rose, Bryden, Guthrie and McRoberts aka two decent centre backs, one starting midfielder (Dempsey), one starting winger (Murphy) and rest are Squad players/youths that should be out on loan

Just now, Aliayr76 said:

Never mind McGinty are we going to McGinley before the seasons out if no why did we bring him in another waste of money.

There is a touch of the Alex Kenyon about him, we needed a player after the window closed, he was free and available but lacking match fitness. 

1 minute ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Was stopped in my tracks by a poster advertising a circus from April 24 to 28 at "Somerset Park" (insert witty aside here) 

Surely not on the pitch? 

i assume the pitch is covered up for it? unless they're doing it in the parking lot

16 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Was stopped in my tracks by a poster advertising a circus from April 24 to 28 at "Somerset Park" (insert witty aside here) 

Surely not on the pitch? 

Saw it as well

Lumii_20240414_154223428.jpg

Even if they cover the pitch that's five days without light for the lawn.

Is there genuinely no space left on Heathfield Road these days? Could they not lift the anti-traveller boulders behind Asda?

19 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m sure we had this discussion before, and the circus was in the car park…

It’s definitely in the car park , good income for the club when we are playing away from home that week 

35 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Even if they cover the pitch that's five days without light for the lawn.

Is there genuinely no space left on Heathfield Road these days? Could they not lift the anti-traveller boulders behind Asda?

Lets not.

Just in case.