The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely likely to be out the picture at County if they stay up? If they come down then they have one of the most capable midfielders in the league. 

Definitely so but I think your faith in Turner’s quality might be a bit generous. 

1 minute ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Definitely so but I think your faith in Turner’s quality might be a bit generous. 

Seven goals and sixteen assists last season says otherwise. 

He is a fantastic player at this level. 

24 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Fair do’s, I wish him well. Just found him frustrating in the flesh. 

6 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Always felt he was a stand out player whenever we played Thistle. He was always excellent against us in every game. Would definately take him.

9 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Ooooft. Is there an adult there than can explain some (not very complicated) shit to you. Also, you’ve replied to a post I made towards the end of March. Been a bit of time buddy. Leads me to believe that (A) you’re a child at the end of a device ban or (B) you’re Marvin and were waiting for a giro to buy more pay as you go. I’m guessing you’re Marvin’s child at the end of a device ban.

IMG_5763.jpeg.107f0b0496851e82142216baf6f122b4.jpeg

That’s you that is.  Or your dad. Come back at me with more. ‘Zingers’. If you still have credit. “Yuv goat tae choose, it’s replying to me or the blues”.

They are all Marvin’s or directly related to.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely likely to be out the picture at County if they stay up? If they come down then they have one of the most capable midfielders in the league. 

I wouldn’t be sure of this. Certainly possible, but with Dhanda going and a manager who isn’t a fucking unhinged lunatic, I’d think he’ll get a chance with them regardless of what league they’re in. 

55 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I wouldn’t be sure of this. Certainly possible, but with Dhanda going and a manager who isn’t a fucking unhinged lunatic, I’d think he’ll get a chance with them regardless of what league they’re in. 

Dhanda's leaving will be a huge loss and I also reckon Cowie will give him another punt at County. He's only ever shown flashes but might come good at this level.

EDIT hopefully come season end we're still at this level...

Edited by Lanky Highlander

Looking at the fixtures that are left, Dunfermline play Inverness, Queens Park then Ayr so they have a massive say in who stays up, including them. 

Inverness play Raith who could well be on their holidays now until the playoffs start. Queens Park are playing Dunfermline.

The following week, Dunfermline are at home to Inverness and Queens Park are away to an already relegated Arbroath. 

With us playing Dundee United who could wrap up the title with a win and Thistle who will be looking to hold third spot, we might be looking for favours before we play Dunfermline on the Friday night. 

If Queens Park lose to Dunfermline on Saturday, they would require snookers to overtake us regardless of our result. 

Queen's Park and Inverness are going to have to significantly up their win rate to threaten us. I would be surprised if 9th place ended up with as many as 42 points.

Season ticket renewal email in. 

I have no idea what the purpose of a 7 day priority window for existing season ticket holders is unless it is just for seats in the new stand. 

There is no early bird discount either, so I am not sure why they are trying to initiate some kind of panic buy scenario. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Season ticket renewal email in. 

I have no idea what the purpose of a 7 day priority window for existing season ticket holders is unless it is just for seats in the new stand. 

There is no early bird discount either, so I am not sure why they are trying to initiate some kind of panic buy scenario. 

I can’t remember there ever not being an early bird discount!

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I can’t remember there ever not being an early bird discount!

Up £20 on last year, no early bird discount and no indication on an increase on the value in real terms. 

At the moment, I’m not renewing. The email is a cold, renew before the end of the week or lose your seat, if you have one and a list of instructions on how to renew. It feels like they are holding folk by the ankles now and trying to shake loose change out your pockets. 

Hopefully there is some kind of press announcement that is a bit more supporter friendly to come. 

17 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Can i take a moment to mention our first penalty yesterday where Willoughby trips over his own leg and gets given a penalty.

If that was against us there would be 5 pages of rage on here today 🤣

Viewing hilights it certainly looks like Willoughby deliberately trips himself up...but being dead in line with the incident in SRE it looked like there was a definite coming together and his foot was tapped causing it to hit the back of his placed foot may have been defenders knee or shin that clipped his foot... but it looked a stone waller to me...

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Up £20 on last year, no early bird discount and no indication on an increase on the value in real terms. 

At the moment, I’m not renewing. The email is a cold, renew before the end of the week or lose your seat, if you have one and a list of instructions on how to renew. It feels like they are holding folk by the ankles now and trying to shake loose change out your pockets. 

Hopefully there is some kind of press announcement that is a bit more supporter friendly to come. 

£20 is £20. Putting prices up less than 10% isn’t a scandal. Not offering an early bird discount is removing one of the benefits of having a season ticket. 

If they are doing this for the new stand, charge a premium for sitting there. I stand on the terrace and I very much doubt it’ll sell out so there is no incentive for me to pluck £300 out my back pocket and buy one this week at almost zero notice. 

If there was season ticket holder events  or a discount at the club shop or season ticket holders added in to a monthly draw for stuff, it would add enhanced value. 

Season tickets available for the blocks of seats on the left hand side of new stand (left side as you face the pitch from the stand). 

Makes sense, with the middle sections being exclusively for hospitality , I assume that the blocks on the right side won't go on sale for season tickets - as that side of the stand may occasionally be used for away supporters if necessary.

I assume that means that those seats would be available for home supporters to sit in during matches with small away crowds for which we have the full run of the North Stand.