The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Ayr reset and rebuild, let's go.... very interested to see what now happens... come on AUFC... Make me want to buy a season ticket and commit to further spending throughout the season..... 

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

I do find Brown is willing to cut his own signings more slack than some of those he inherited. He signalled for Tomlinson in the 40th minute after McGinty committed a foul which I thought was soft.

If Sanders was here when he arrived and McGinty was signed in January then I doubt the same player would have been subbed tonight. McGinty will never be a ball playing CB but I'd argue that Sanders isn't any better on the ball and the rest of the defence are prone to going long. Been clear since QP away that they possibly wouldn't get on but shame if he was forced out.

Think that’s the case with most managers. They’ll back their own players every day of the week.

McGinty deserves a good send off but if we’re being totally honest he isn’t good enough if we want to progress. Can see this being a hugely busy summer for Brown and Whittaker. 

6 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Pretty much Same defence last season had 2nd or 3rd best record. This discussion is largely for the birds tbh. 

But Im not sat here saying that all of them should stay no matter what. If we can find better players then great.
But we’ve got less dig across the park than we had last year. Murdoch being out and Akinyemi effectively taking three players out a game has been huge.
The entire midfield and full back areas are just a flume directing pressure onto whoever was back 2. And Albinson was a total mediocrity for his time in nets this season.  That all contributes to the shite GD.

Id rather we brought in better players in the middle of the park and in full back areas to relieve the pressure a bit. 

I’ve watched so many games this year where we’ve looked weak as water in the middle of the park and we end up inviting so much pressure. It’s inevitable that we’ll concede 

Lets not forget our best defender from last season returned to his parent club. 

9 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Lets not forget our best defender from last season returned to his parent club. 

He is out of contract according to transfermarkt. Would love to see Kirk back but I believe it would be unlikely. 

with regards to Murdoch I would cut ties, let him train but we can’t be carrying his wages. He’s a player that might never be the same, he was amazing before his first ACL but never reached those levels again. Now it’s gone again will he even be as good as he was pre second ACL?

I wonder if any of the current DU players the signed will be deemed not good enough for the premiership and be released 

41 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He is out of contract according to transfermarkt. Would love to see Kirk back but I believe it would be unlikely. 

with regards to Murdoch I would cut ties, let him train but we can’t be carrying his wages. He’s a player that might never be the same, he was amazing before his first ACL but never reached those levels again. Now it’s gone again will he even be as good as he was pre second ACL?

I wonder if any of the current DU players the signed will be deemed not good enough for the premiership and be released 

Ross doc back ? 

9 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

I do find Brown is willing to cut his own signings more slack than some of those he inherited. He signalled for Tomlinson in the 40th minute after McGinty committed a foul which I thought was soft.

If Sanders was here when he arrived and McGinty was signed in January then I doubt the same player would have been subbed tonight. McGinty will never be a ball playing CB but I'd argue that Sanders isn't any better on the ball and the rest of the defence are prone to going long. Been clear since QP away that they possibly wouldn't get on but shame if he was forced out.

9 hours ago, Nelson said:

Sanders has actually won me round with his recent performances - would be happy enough if he stays.  

Sanders is miles better than McGinty on the ball IMO. 

In the first half yesterday he made countless really good incisive forward passes. 

I think it’s just taken him a while to settle - but you are starting to see some of his qualities coming through now albeit he obviously isn’t perfect. 

21 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Did we end up playing 3 at the back last night with Dempsey as a kind of sweeper and Frankie and Tomlinson as wing backs?

No, stayed 4 at the back, they kept being done by Dunfermline putting quick balls over the top or out wide behind the full backs. Dempsey was the only one following runners. 

Watching the goals back, First was Musonda, not sure if he was caught in two minds, back to the keeper or McGinty and did both. The second, Sanders man scores but I'm not sure there was much he could do about it, the two wide right didn't do enough to stop the cross. The third, a corner gets cleared and the whole teams stops, no one moves out to the player chasing the ball and he has loads of time to lash a shot in. 

McKenzies goal was well taken from the angle he was at, there was no one in the middle so he had to shoot. 

Docherty left for money and if he leaves Thistle it'll be for money again. It would be a considerable change in strategy for Ayr to be trying to match terms with teams expected to be competing for the title every season.

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Docherty left for money and if he leaves Thistle it'll be for money again. It would be a considerable change in strategy for Ayr to be trying to match terms with teams expected to be competing for the title every season.

Yeah it’s definitely not happening, I’m sure there are others they will deem not good enough and will be released 

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I used to like seeing players come back to us but since Stevo's rtn on a cold, manky night in Cowdenbeath.... I'm aff it. It's like going back to an ex because you're wearing the rose tinted glasses or are in need of some comfort.... but it's never the same. Onwards and upwards for me, not backwards.

Just now, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I used to like seeing players come back to us but since Stevo's rtn on a cold, manky night in Cowdenbeath.... I'm aff it. It's like going back to an ex because you're wearing the rose tinted glasses or are in need of some comfort.... but it's never the same. Onwards and upwards for me, not backwards.

To be fair to Stevo, he has since come out and said he was experiencing mental health and personal issues at the time and his heart wasn't in football anymore.

He still scored some decent goals though.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

To be fair to Stevo, he has since come out and said he was experiencing mental health and personal issues at the time and his heart wasn't in football anymore.

He still scored some decent goals though.

I'm aware, I was also up at court for something similar to him the day he was up. Love the guy. My point isn't a personal, anything against Stevo thing.... but more the anticipation and expectations of fans is rarely met when a great servant to the club rtns.