The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Chalmers has signed for Raith on a 2 year deal apparently 

I'd take any rumours of players signing for us with a pinch of salt until we know what league we're in next season. 

Robbie would be a great signing but I don’t think he will be back here. As mentioned yesterday he was blamed a lot for being played out of position he is exactly what we need but it’s not happening 

24 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I'd be amazed if Robbie was actually interested in coming back here.

The Brown/Whittaker factor could change a lot of expectations about what it's like to play for Ayr.

Play him as the focal point of your midfield three and he would be ideal for what I think Brown ideally wants to play, the goal he almost scored against Killie in the cup when he won the ball and dribbled through the full Killie defence was almost Maradonaesc. Bring him home Scott!

Posted (edited)

Considering the extent to which Brown wants players to press opponents and win the ball high up the pitch, I wouldn't be surprised if he was interested in Crawford. 

He was very impressive at those things in all the games against us this season.

Edited by AUcal

Given Brown seems to want to play more of a pressing game, Crawford would make absolute sense.  Suppose it depends whether we see Syla as being a key player next season.  He was very inconsistent but it was effectively his first full season of regular first team football as far as i can tell, so there might be room for development.  Gut feeling is that Crawford does the same job, but better.

Do we even know if Chalmers has been offered a contract at Ayr?  

19 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Crawford?? Nope. Surely there's better out there.

Yes there are better out there but they all play in the premiership, he is one of the better players in this league and has shown that with partick and Morton hence why partick are going after him

Just now, Arab_R_us said:

I thought chalmers has scored a few for you ? 

whats the problem with Mcgeady  have his legs completely gone ?

Utterly and totally, you can see what his brain wants to do, but he simply doesn't have the physical ability any more.