The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I disagree with Houston he really had the ability to do better than he has turned out to be. Injury really halted all development and he regressed horribly. There was a reason rangers had a buy back clause there 

Houston had a decent 6 months in a very good Ayr team - honestly not sure if his decline was due to injuries or if he just found his natural level.  Scary to think our midfield during those 6 months included Steven Kelly, Alan Forrest, Luke McCowan, Ross Docherty and Mark Kerr.  I think it’s pretty standard now for buy back clauses to be included - don’t believe for a second that Rangers ever thought they would activate it.

Hewitt to Hamilton was a strange move as even accies fan said they didn’t feel they needed another midfielder and it shows with under 20 Apperances this season and only 5 starts no doubt he probably can do a job in a mid table league 1 team

I don't mean to shit on the guy but I'm just not sure what Hewitt brings to the table. He's a sturdy big boy who likes a tackle but he's not good on the ball and can't play in the middle as anything other than a Shein version of Jamie Adams. He also lacks pace so he gets found out when played out wide. I think he'll probably be able to carve out a career in the bottom half of League 1/more likely League 2, possibly as a centre half but not in midfield. 

Anyway, have we signed anybody yet?

2 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

I don't mean to shit on the guy but I'm just not sure what Hewitt brings to the table. He's a sturdy big boy who likes a tackle but he's not good on the ball and can't play in the middle as anything other than a Shein version of Jamie Adams. He also lacks pace so he gets found out when played out wide. I think he'll probably be able to carve out a career in the bottom half of League 1/more likely League 2, possibly as a centre half but not in midfield. 

Can’t sign anyone,  everyone is on holiday 

52 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Was Hewitt not originally a right back that could play in midfield, or was he a midfielder that could fullback?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Can’t sign anyone,  everyone is on holiday 

Apart from the people doing all the negotiations 

Edited by Finlay21

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Apart from the people doing all the negotiations 

Honestly you must be DYING to tell us anything but you cant - torture!!

12 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Was Hewitt not originally a right back that could play in midfield, or was he a midfielder that could fullback?

Yes he was a RB in the youths although I think Cove last March was his first start for us in that position as he was played everywhere else.

RB is probably one of the positions that has had a number of academy players feature. Hopefully Watret can develop and take his chance when it arrives.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Honestly you must be DYING to tell us anything but you cant - torture!!

😉 Just have faith that things are happening in the background and looking like news coming soon going by comments by Scott Brown at the end of Dylan Watrets  press release 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

😉 Just have faith that things are happening in the background and looking like news coming soon going by comments by Scott Brown at the end of Dylan Watrets  press release 

I don't think anyone has faith after what we've been served up the last few, especially last season.

Proof is in the pudding, let's hope you're not saying the same thing again end of June.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I don't think anyone has faith after what we've been served up the last few, especially last season.

Proof is in the pudding, let's hope you're not saying the same thing again end of June.

Let’s wait and see before being negative on signings this year 

Edited by Finlay21

14 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Bullen and the club had months to prepare for the windows and made a James Hunt of them, Brown had days in the tougher January window. It's pretty much a clean slate for this one.......not saying it'll be good. But we need to wait and see. 

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Bullen and the club had months to prepare for the windows and made a James Hunt of them, Brown had days in the tougher January window. It's pretty much a clean slate for this one.......not saying it'll be good. But we need to wait and see. 

I don't think it's that much of a clean slate, even with Brown in place. The stigma of last season still lingers and not easily forgotten.

30 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I don't think it's that much of a clean slate, even with Brown in place. The stigma of last season still lingers and not easily forgotten.

I’m all for being negative but you really are forcing it here.

44 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Let’s wait and see before being negative on signings this year 

I agree but surely you can see why fans would possibly be apprehensive? Our last few windows have been nothing short of a shambles. That being said if we’re targeting and signing players the calibre of Oakley then there’s reason to be optimistic. 

I get that the last few seasons have been a slog in terms of signings. It’s been, barring a few exceptions, woeful. 
I’m surmising here, but I doubt that Brown would have come here without some form of guarantee that he’ll get backing and freedom in the transfer window to do some serious business. Can’t see him staking his reputation in the Scottish game and his future in management on the signings of some sub-Vanarama no marks. 

Give it a transfer window at least. 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Out of curiosity if you can answer this or not was looking back at the squad annoucment and noticed Derren Fairns name wasn’t mentioned you able to say if he’s staying on or been let go?