The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I've seen a few comments on here that we are in for Dowds. Can't say I've heard that as the only rumours at Raith so far are Lewis Stevenson and Hanlon at Hibs and Logan Chalmers. Have you heard something about links of Dowds to us. By the way Oakley is a cracking signing. 

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I've seen a few comments on here that we are in for Dowds. Can't say I've heard that as the only rumours at Raith so far are Lewis Stevenson and Hanlon at Hibs and Logan Chalmers. Have you heard something about links of Dowds to us. By the way Oakley is a cracking signing. 

Just signed on for another year at Ayr this morning. Confirmed by the club

4 hours ago, Thumper said:

He got skinned alive by a 35-year-old Chris Burke.

It would be genuinely funny if the club started next season with the same defence except minus McGinty.

Yep, was a tough night for an inexperienced young fullback against Burke.  I’m not going to judge him solely on that one game though.  I think he’s developed reasonably well overall and as I say, I think some of the criticism of him has been OTT at times.  We need to spend a small fortune upgrading other parts of the team, so seems a reasonable signing to me.  Would be pleased if we could get Sanders back.  He really steadied the ship after those early horror shows.

56 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Dowds has signed a deal with ourselves this morning. Confirmed by club. Wouldn’t surprise me if you are in for Logan Chalmers, you won’t be the only one though. 

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Are you the Morton weirdo who managed to make an arse of it on Twitter yesterday and ended up tagging Oakley in tweets? 

If so I’d be in hiding for a few days if I were you. 

Not guilty. Anyway I would imagine George gets Kudos Sports Management to write his tweets for him now given he has finally made it at little Ayr.

14 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Morton fans are officially not bovvered.

Just talking about Morton 🤔

Obviously, with the old firm being on and me generally hating them both equally, I decided to have a wee west coast drive and take the boy swimming at Inverclyde in Greenock, for a shot of the flumes (He is now just barely big enough 😂)

In the pool was none other than Joe Chalmers and family.

Now I'm not starting a rumour of him going to Morton, as he could have just been having a family day out.

Greenock seems to be full of Celtic fans though, at least the parts we saw.

13 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Just talking about Morton 🤔

Obviously, with the old firm being on and me generally hating them both equally, I decided to have a wee west coast drive and take the boy swimming at Inverclyde in Greenock, for a shot of the flumes (He is now just barely big enough 😂)

In the pool was none other than Joe Chalmers and family.

Now I'm not starting a rumour of him going to Morton, as he could have just been having a family day out.

Greenock seems to be full of Celtic fans though, at least the parts we saw.

Well-known green arse cheek toun mate.

6 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Between us and Ross County for Chalmers apparently 

Super Joe coming home!

6 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Between us and Ross County for Chalmers apparently 

For his career he needs a regular consistent season in the championship tbh, and not being in and out of a struggling side. 

Posted (edited)

Doomsday Diegomarahenry has been quiet today, he bought his season ticket yet?

Edited by diege

4 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Some good business by you guys early doors.  

Still would take Chris Kane before Dowds or Oakley though...

Easy to say

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Just hard to see where Chalmers will fit in if it was to be a 532. Would not say no, just think full backs and centre mid should be priorities. 

Think we are more likely to be 523 meaning you can play wide forwards or two number tens behind the striker.