The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We may have been paying a % of his wage though. 
I also have no insight in to the wage structure other than McInroy was offered £900 a week and was offered x3 by Kilmarnock. 

Did you just pluck numbers out the air? 

The only people who know how much McInroy was on is the player, his agent and Russ Richardson., other than them it's guesswork. 

3 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Even £2k a week. 
I was at Hampden when Brown took charge of his first game, I was with a Celtic fan who wanted to see his first game. We were there early, when the players were just arriving. 
The first thing she mentioned was, why do Ayr not have a team bus and the second was how ordinary the players cars were. None were higher end market cars like BMW or Mercedes. 

Because the players live in and around Glasgow and it would mean driving from the central belt to Ayr, to get a bus. 
because we don’t pay enough for the players to have a disposable income to spend on a fancy car. 

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Did you just pluck numbers out the air? 

The only people who know how much McInroy was on is the player, his agent and Russ Richardson., other than them it's guesswork. 

It was from the guy who tried to sign him and made the Ayr offer. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

It was from the guy who tried to sign him and made the Ayr offer. 

He still has no clue what was negotiated between the player and Killie. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Even £2k a week. 
I was at Hampden when Brown took charge of his first game, I was with a Celtic fan who wanted to see his first game. We were there early, when the players were just arriving. 
The first thing she mentioned was, why do Ayr not have a team bus and the second was how ordinary the players cars were. None were higher end market cars like BMW or Mercedes. 

Because the players live in and around Glasgow and it would mean driving from the central belt to Ayr, to get a bus. 
because we don’t pay enough for the players to have a disposable income to spend on a fancy car. 

😂

Of all the mental gymnastics Ayr fans have been doing about their budget recently, this one is my favourite.

"we don't pay 2k a week because my pal didn't see anyone driving a Mercedes"

Incredible.

Just now, Jives Miguel said:

😂

Of all the mental gymnastics Ayr fans have been doing about their budget recently, this one is my favourite.

"we don't pay 2k a week because my pal didn't see anyone driving a Mercedes"

Incredible.

The Morton fans meltdown to losing Oakley to us is one of the best things Dave Smith ever gave us. Even if Oakley never kicks a ball for Ayr, it will be worth it. 

Every post about Ayr spending a fortune feeds our soul. 
Oakley said in his interview that he felt wanted by Ayr and that was important. Maybe look inside your own club and at your permaraging manager. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The Morton fans meltdown to losing Oakley to us is one of the best things Dave Smith ever gave us. Even if Oakley never kicks a ball for Ayr, it will be worth it. 

Every post about Ayr spending a fortune feeds our soul. 
Oakley said in his interview that he felt wanted by Ayr and that was important. Maybe look inside your own club and at your permaraging manager. 

Don't care about George Oakley. Just making up for all the Ayr tramps posting non stop on the Morton thread 👍

Just you continue documenting who drives what and how much they earn, you creepy-crawly.

Edited by Jives Miguel

Just now, Jives Miguel said:

Don't care about George Oakley. Just making up for all the Ayr tramps posting non stop on the Morton thread 👍

Just you keep continue documenting who drives what and how much they earn, you creepy-crawly.

The sure sign someone is raging

I DONT CARE!!!!

Then making up some kind of weird behaviour to throw back.

Your players are leaving Morton like snow off a dyke apart from Kirk Broadfoot. The obvious reaction is to lash out rather than wonder what it is that is stinking at your own club. 

2 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Just looking at the league for next season. Where do you guys think we'll finish? And who do you think will league, with no standout side like Dundee United?

Livi will be favourites, their summer signings have been average and their team as a unit has been dreadful for the last year. I don’t think they will win the league but will be in the race for a while. 
Raith, I can’t help feeling are a busted flush. They kind of tailed off from Christmas and were already safe in second by Christmas. Dundee United let them back in to it briefly with maybe 6 games to go. If they sign well in the summer and with the consistency they showed in the first half of the season last year, If they sit top after the first quarter with a decent lead, they’ll probably win it.

I’ve not seen enough business to even guess how the rest will do. We have signed Oakley, who isn’t a regular goal scorer to play up front with Dowds, who had probably his best season so far, scoring 13(?) in the Championship. We have to hope for better from him next season, he improved a lot and looks like he could crack on. 
Our defence was poor last year and we have the majority signed on this year. At the moment, we could speculate about the lower end of the play-off group. 

Posted (edited)

Ayr fans needs to come out in numbers if they want to prevent SRE going green & white...

Also my killie supporting pal has told me that it's on their forums that we're playing them on Thursday 11th July 

Edited by Rb123

10 hours ago, Thumper said:

Is the ground even dug-friendly? I don't think I've ever seen one in Somerset.

There was a wee dug that ran on the park a few times during a home game about 10 years ago, maybe a bit longer. Think we were playing Steni, mad game, 4-3 I think.

It ran on from the Enclosure in front of the main stand. The first time it was quite funny, then by the third time (I think) everyone was pretty fed up of it. 

"Get that thing on a fucking leash"

I seem to remember it burst the ball but I may have just made that up in my head.

58 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There is no way on earth Dundee United were paying a guy who was out on loan for 4 years, £8k a week let alone Ayr paying £6k a week to take him on loan. 
Inverness had him the season before and they didn’t pay that.

Two seasons ago, they recalled him and sent him to Tranmere because they were willing to pay a higher % than us. 
The new developments will allow us to pay more for quality or have a larger squad and it might bump our budget up from mid table to top 4 budget. 
We still need to spend it correctly to be anywhere near top 4. 

Think you need to go to Specsavers….

10 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Just looking at the league for next season. Where do you guys think we'll finish? And who do you think will league, with no standout side like Dundee United?

It's hard to say, probably more than half of the teams in the league will fancy their chances of winning it. I can see it being tight next season.

I think we'll be in the top half, and I'm keen to see the squad that Brown puts together.  There's been some encouraging improvements since he's came in and I'm pleased with the signings of Dowds and Oakley so far. 

1 minute ago, AUcal said:

There is a joke somewhere in the specsavers line accidentally being posted twice.

Hahaha though I deleted it in time.

for some reason the page doesn’t seem to refresh when I hit “submit reply” leaving me questioning if I actually hit the button.

1 minute ago, Hazbart said:

Hahaha though I deleted it in time.

for some reason the page doesn’t seem to refresh when I hit “submit reply” leaving me questioning if I actually hit the button.

Hahaha just not quick enough. Although, it was quick enough to make me panic delete my post because anyone else reading it would have had no idea what I was talking about. 

So you're the real winner here, imo.