The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The defence was shocking last year and strangely. McGinty was one of the better performers. We forced a style of football on him that didn't suit when Brown came in and from that point of view, it makes sense going forward. If Brown plays that way, he needs the players the fit. 

As long as its not one of these things we look back on in a few months as a red flag, the public shaming and ejection of Albinson and McGinty by Brown. 

A guy who came to us as a laughing stock but leaves as a decent centre half. Brown clearly looking for ball players at the back which is certainly not Big Sean's forte. 

Best of luck at Accies, Sean. 

McGinty turned into a relatively comfortable championship centre half, with the occasional shocker here or there. 

Considering where he started, it was a pretty impressive redemption arc. In truth though, the type of play that we seem to want to go for just doesn't suit him, so maybe its best overall.

Good luck to him, undoubtedly a great character. I wonder if he'll rock up somewhere else in this league?

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Bit grim with the timing of it but hey ho. I'm sure we could have fleeced someone for a few quid off them instead of paying him off though.

Fullbacks next please..

Nothing saying we paid him off , it was mutual so possibly he agreed to go for nothing as it could have been him that asked to leave (which would save us a years salary ) as he would have been free to go at end of next season 

Edited by Finlay21

Just now, Finlay21 said:

Nothing saying we paid him off , it was mutual so possibly he agreed to go for nothing ( which would save us a years salary ) as he would have been free to go at end of next season 

Find it hard to believe he would go without accepting some kind of pay off. Unless he loves the club that much..

14 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Rus didn't have the accent I expected him to 😂

I found my secondary school yearbook from 1999 a few weeks back. There were two Ukrainian kids who started in second and third year respectively who were graduating that year. When they arrived neither of them spoke a word of English. You'd swear by the time they left that they'd never left Ayr.

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

As long as its not one of these things we look back on in a few months as a red flag, the public shaming and ejection of Albinson and McGinty by Brown. 

I think if you'd asked most people when Brown joined to club if it was likely he'd fall out with players then they'd say yes. Prior to whatever transpired in the background Albinson had already gone off the boil and even Bullen had shown the fortitude required to swap a sub-par keeper.

McGinty can't play with the ball at his feet. Brown wants that. That the support has yet again gotten Stockholm Syndrome over a centre half because he eventually learned to mostly do his job properly is unsurprising of course.

Edited by Thumper

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Find it hard to believe he would go without accepting some kind of pay off. Unless he loves the club that much..

Maybe thought it was better than  training all week and not playing for a year 

I'm liking this ruthless binning of players who don't fit with Browns ethos.

He's obviously got a clear plan, a preferred style of player and an actual system. Bullen and his predecessors had none of this. 

Big Sean was a solid professional but was awful with ball at feet and the fact that we couldn't defend a set piece last season shows we need a more commanding CB who can organise things on the pitch. 

Upgrade incoming I'm sure.