The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Can’t say I know much about McMann but he’s competition for Reading at the very least. We now need a third centre back and a right back. 

I think McKenzie will be used all over the place again this year, Bryden will be used as a third option up front. 

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

Not to get ahead of ourselves here but we should be aiming for top four with this squad surely!?

It looks like it. Some really good signings have been made. 

Looking forward to seeing the new look side in action when the season starts.

5 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Not to get ahead of ourselves here but we should be aiming for top four with this squad surely!?

I’d say so. Looking at Thistle and Raith (who’d I’d say are the main contenders) I don’t think our squad is far off the former but Raith are a good wee bit better all over the park at the minute, mainly in midfield. If we were able to add another solid defender and a good central midfielder I’d feel a lot more confident. 

Look we really should be looking for minimum top 4 with these signings and Brown. We’re not signing them for another relegation play off. Another quality couple of signings and we should we realistically looking. . . can’t quite bring myself to say this, finish top. There. I said it. 👀

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If that happens then you’d think Stanger might be used more as a right back than centre back. Ashcroft will start every game he’s fit and the theory seems to be that Musonda will be the captain next season. Stanger, Ashcroft, Musonda, McMann is a big improvement on last season. If we actually managed to sign a good right back into the bargain then I’d be saying we’ll be right in the title mix next season. 

I think a quality right back, same standard as McMann is more pressing than Ashcroft.

Its been a major deficiency for years that we haven’t addressed.

Stanger is solid there but not sure he’s the solution and we know McAllister isn’t.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can see Bryden and McKenzie having limited game time this season. McKenzie won’t improve beyond what he is so maybe best if he leaves for more game time. Could easily do a job in League 1. Bryden is maybe worth a loan spell to see how he gets on. I’d be hanging onto McRoberts as his goal against Dunfermline is already better striker play than Bryden and McKenzie put together. I think he could be worth a few goals this season. 

Yeah, no way McKenzie gets as much game time this season as last. Can see him coming on to close a game out if we're winning with 10 mins left but that's about it. Bryden could easily become forgotten about if he's not out on loan. Don't fancy his chances of progressing much at Ayr or this level anyway.

23 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

I think a quality right back, same standard as McMann is more pressing than Ashcroft.

Its been a major deficiency for years that we haven’t addressed.

Stanger is solid there but not sure he’s the solution and we know McAllister isn’t.

Yeah, we can't be playing McAllister alongside that new defence line up. It's like an act of self sabotage.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Nice to see us signing players that know the Scottish leagues well, rather than nobodies from the English dog and duck league. Yes we struck gold there with Dipo, but for every Dipo there was 4 or 5 duds. 

4 or 5 .more like them all barring maybe 3

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d say so. Looking at Thistle and Raith (who’d I’d say are the main contenders) I don’t think our squad is far off the former but Raith are a good wee bit better all over the park at the minute, mainly in midfield. If we were able to add another solid defender and a good central midfielder I’d feel a lot more confident. 

We don't have the squad Raith have just yet nor the army of midfield options Partick have but I think in Brown, Whittaker and Timmins we have the best coaching set up so I'm expecting us to get more from our squad than it looks on paper.

The RB deficiency has never been fixed since Liam Smith left in 2019.

It's ironic how with the same guy being a free agent now 5 years later you'd think there's a chance we've maybe asked the question if he fancies coming back up to Scotland 👀

23 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Need to do a Nick McAllister montage to Beastie Boys "Sabotage" now.

Here we go.

Sorry Richey. Nice try but you need to up your game. Take cues from the clifftonville social media manager/hagiographer in-chief. 

Had me believing that Bullen had squandered Kaka with his management of Ashford.

5 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Sorry Richey. Nice try but you need to up your game. Take cues from the clifftonville social media manager/hagiographer in-chief. 

Had me believing that Bullen had squandered Kaka with his management of Ashford.