The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Posted (edited)

It's interesting to hear Murray talking about other clubs being "big hitters" in the transfer market. I'm not saying its not true, I have no idea what we're offering to players, but very little was made of what was must have been a significant amount of spending from Raith last summer.

Went a little under the radar due to the fact that their title opponents would have undoubtedly spent more.

Edited by AUcal

4 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

I’m hearing Ayr are close to signing Joel Mumbongo. 

Finally putting that Burnley link to use after it's long dead. 

4 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

What about Massimo Donati and Ziggy Gordon? 

7 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

🤔 This like a fifth striker behind Dowds, Oakley, Bryden, McKenzie and my Granny?

On loan at Queen on the south last season, 5 goals in 12 appearances 🫤

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

🤔 This like a fifth striker behind Dowds, Oakley, Bryden, McKenzie and my Granny?

On loan at Queen on the south last season, 5 goals in 12 appearances 🫤

That’s not terrible tbf. A goal almost every 2nd game albeit at a lower level. I’d be surprised if Bryden or McKenzie matched that sort of record in league below. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s not terrible tbf. A goal almost every 2nd game albeit at a lower level. I’d be surprised if Bryden or McKenzie matched that sort of record in league below. 

I’m hearing Bryden is also on the way out (on loan) 

8 minutes ago, AUcal said:

It's interesting to hear Murray talking about other clubs being "big hitters" in the transfer market. I'm not saying its not true, I have no idea what we're offering to players, but very little was made of what was must have been a significant amount of spending from Raith last summer.

Went a little under the radar due to the fact that their title opponents would have undoubtedly spent more.

We have signed Oakley and paid him more than Morton were, its not like we have signed players that Hearts and Aberdeen were after. 

He's maybe getting excuses in early, that he can't compete with the financial might of Ayr and Thistle. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Nah, not bad at all. Though Rose seemed to do better in the league below last season than he did at Ayr, so who knows 🤔

Posted (edited)

The very last thing we need is an actual striker. Even if we lost one of Dowds or Oakley we have enough bodies in other areas to change the shape slightly to play one up front and still pose a threat. 

I’d say based on the games so far we need a central midfielder and a centre back and that could be us. Playing Rus in midfield alongside Dempsey is bold but I think will leave us too exposed. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

say based on the games so far we need a central midfielder and a centre back and that could be us.

Ftfy 👍

Agreed, we don't need another striker. A right back/centre mid and centre back 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d say based on the games so far we need a central midfielder and a centre back and that could be us. Playing Rus in midfield alongside Dempsey is bold but I think will leave us too exposed. 

In addition to Hamilton? 

I don't think we need a centre mid if we are playing this wide diamond shape, 3 bodies already for that DM position.  Could go a pacey striker for something different to offer but only if one is out on loan. 

I think it'll leave us exposed as well at times btw, might just be risk/reward though..

Edited by itzdrk

Looking at the Celtic players that haven’t yet returned for pre season, we are very much going to be playing a Celtic C team plus some youth players and potentially Kyogo. 

We have done very well to just about sell it out tbh.