The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

The 2nd goal from St Johnstone is the difference as transfermarkt gave it to Dempsey.

Right enough.  From memory it was a Dempsey shot going off target but deflected in off McKenzies heel or something so it's right that it's MM's goal.  I'd just assumed they never went back and amended stuff like that at this level - Dowds still credited for the goal v Falkirk for example although TV and photos look like its Oakleys 

Thought that was a very enjoyable evening. Probably should have scored more but won't be too greedy. Lots to like. 

Very clear that intensity and workrate out of possession are key principles of the team under Brown and its pleasing to see. On an individual basis there were some good performances. Stanger absolutely strolled it and thought his distribution was very good (clearly more comfortable than Mcmann with ball at his feet). Could tell Frankie was a bit rusty but still very enjoyable to watch him play basically every position on the park over the course of that game. Thought that was the best game Henderson has had. Some genuine moments of class and deserved his goal. 

Stenny didn't over much but we reacted very well to conceding early. Easy to forgot that only 8 months ago we needed extra time to beat a Peterhead side that finished miles behind Stenny in League 2. Clearly moving in a positive direction.

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Hopefully nothing but if he keeps this up he’ll be in demand. Will mean we get a windfall but I fear he’ll be irreplaceable. 

You trying to say Messi mckenzie isn’t fit to lace his boots?

College Accuse GIF

Apart from the poor start it was a pretty competent performance, thought Dempsey was great along with Masonda even when he replaced Dempsey in midfield and Stanger.

Think he took Oakley off before he got a yellow card as that would have been him suspended or just to keep him fresh for Sat.

Agree that Henderson had his best game and put better corners in. Tomlinson ran the line well and whipped in a few dangerous balls. 
It will be interesting to see how Stenie do against Falkirk as they play a similar way to them. 

6 hours ago, ecocme said:

Not sure I would have paid cash for Daire but hope he does well for Hamilton except against us (same goes for Albinson and McGinty to be fair)

Woke nonsense.  f**k them. 

51 minutes ago, Ayrmail said:

Apart from the poor start it was a pretty competent performance, thought Dempsey was great along with Masonda even when he replaced Dempsey in midfield and Stanger.

Think he took Oakley off before he got a yellow card as that would have been him suspended or just to keep him fresh for Sat.

Agree that Henderson had his best game and put better corners in. Tomlinson ran the line well and whipped in a few dangerous balls. 
It will be interesting to see how Stenie do against Falkirk as they play a similar way to them. 

It’s actually Dowds that’s a booking away but still I get the feeling that Oakley isn’t a 90 minute player but could be wrong

Were Falkirk fans always this much of a bunch of needy pains in the arse?

Edited by Peil

6 minutes ago, Peil said:

We're Falkirk fans always this much of a bunch of needy pains in the arse?

Absolutely always have been and always will be

Edited by Finlay21

After the shaky start I thought we were quite impressive last night. Strong, determined and very well drilled. Have been impressed at the way we press our opponents, really limiting their time and space, and trying to stifle their passing moves. Steni seemed to want to pass the ball out from back to front, but for the most part we just didn't let them try.

Thought our movement was excellent. Some of the runs our players were making (not all of them picked up by passes mind you - I think that'll come) were excellent. Consistently looking to stretch the defence and rotating to keep defenders on their toes. I think in a few weeks we might really see things click and we'll get some more of the nice moves and passing we've seen glimpses of. 

If I'm being greedy, I felt we could have had at least a couple more. Given how tight the group is, it would have been nice, but very happy with the performance overall. Had Rus been on the park I think we may well have ended up with a couple more given how the game went.

I'm getting very excited at the prospect of having combinations like Murphy and Rus on the park together. 

36 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Wonder if we will see Devlin come into the squad on Saturday.  Really need to see him get some minutes with the league just around the corner.

really does depend on what his fitness levels are like, and what training he was doing before we picked him up.  Could easily be he's still a couple of weeks away yet and we don't see him get a proper run out till the 9th