The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I don’t think there’s a single person on the planet who feels this way, never mind on this thread.
People wanting the environment to be as safe as possible prior to just opening up the floodgates to pre-COVID normality doesn’t bizarrely mean they like the current situation. That’s ridiculous.
I agree that previous statement was too far but a lot of folk are losing their sense of rational thought regarding risk assessment.

This virus passed through droplets, and the 2m thing is about anyone who coughs or sneezes - it's not a touch and you get it thing.

With a massively increased cleaning regime across society and handwashing now being more effective than ever, the ratio of spread is already reduced.

The 2m adds a load of percentage safety, but so does 1m (less so, but the difference isn't huge). Face coverings will obviously also help.

We need to get a better perspective on the risk - especially in relation to the devastation that is being done to our economy, our society, and our mental and indeed physical health situation.

It very much like like we'll work through the phases quickly, and that is a very good thing.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I agree that previous statement was too far but a lot of folk are losing their sense of rational thought regarding risk assessment.

This virus passed through droplets, and the 2m thing is about anyone who coughs or sneezes - it's not a touch and you get it thing.

With a massively increased cleaning regime across society and handwashing now being more effective than ever, the ratio of spread is already reduced.

The 2m adds a load of percentage safety, but so does 1m (less so, but the difference isn't huge). Face coverings will obviously also help.

We need to get a better perspective on the risk - especially in relation to the devastation that is being done to our economy, our society, and our mental and indeed physical health situation.

It very much like like we'll work through the phases quickly, and that is a very good thing.

100% the above.

Ironically people seem to have forgotten about their eyes in all this as you're far more likely to contract it directly via your eyes than by touching a worktop / button, turnstile etc.

10 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Hopefully refunds are at a minimum, everyone to their own though , circumstances will dictate that some  need the money and if that is the case no one should be moaning about it 

On the plus side, anyone who bought a POTY ticket I'd seriously doubt would be looking for a refund of their season ticket money (assuming they're season ticket holders of course) as for all intents and purposes it was a donation to the club.

As you rightly say though, some will be in a position where they DO need the money and certainly nobody could or should grudge them requesting a refund.

Still, the club are doing all the right things in my opinion and have been for the past couple of years, as such there's a feelgood factor around and lots of goodwill from the fans towards the club, so once again I can only applaud LC and everyone involved at Ayr Utd.

Harry Redknapp interested in making an investment to a Scottish Football Club, he spoke with Airdrie for a short time.

Come on Lachlan do your magic and get big H on board, we're right across from the racecourse which would be an added incentive.

Harry Redknapp interested in making an investment to a Scottish Football Club, he spoke with Airdrie for a short time.
Come on Lachlan do your magic and get big H on board, we're right across from the racecourse which would be an added incentive.
Was it Harry or his dog, that was looking to invest?

11 hours ago, rb123! said:

Harry Redknapp likes Ayrshire apparently. He's brought a couple of his teams up here to train during preseason.

My grandpa met him and some of his players at Auchincruive in the summer of 2004 (I think). Southhampton were training at the football pitches next to Oswald Hall.

17 minutes ago, Tam_O_Shanter said:
12 hours ago, rb123! said:

Was it Harry or his dog, that was looking to invest?

His dog is the brains of the operation and has all the money so I'm hoping its the latter.

Just listened to that Sportsound interview with your chairman and he came across well. Seemed like he was knowledgeable, genuinely gave a shit and was willing to speak up. Was refreshing that he answered every question rather than just saying "Oh, well, you know boys, I can't talk about that/it's not for me to mention that." Unlike when the Hamilton chairman gave a masterclass in that the other week - nae offence Hamilton, diddy alliance and all that.

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Was having a look at the PFA player availability earlier and notice Ellis Hare-Reid was on it so presume he is leaving the club. 

I remember McCall said last summer that the plan was to get Hare-Reid to develop for another season in reserves/bench with a view to being No. 1 this year.  Perhaps Kerr feels differently or there's already another keeper lined up that would keep him on the bench for another season.  If Doohan isn't coming back next year (and he and Celtic may feel he needs to be on loan at a higher level for the next step in his progression) then I would like to see a reasonably experienced keeper come in, just from the point of view helping lead the defence.