The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

..and immediately declare him a great signing, even though no ones ever heard of him.

Like a number of players we have signed recently outright or on loan , who turned out to be more than useful 

Thinking about the loan deal for Ecrepont I really can’t see it happening unless there is more than the expected 4 additions. We’re currently sitting with a squad of 17. 4 additions would take this up to 21 which is surely the number we’d be looking at operating at? Starting 11 with 7 subs and 3 in reserve to cover inevitable injuries etc. 

ETA: Surely to god we will get an #imminent tomorrow? 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

Thinking about the loan deal for Ecrepont I really can’t see it happening unless there is more than the expected 4 additions. We’re currently sitting with a squad of 17. 4 additions would take this up to 21 which is surely the number we’d be looking at operating at? Starting 11 with 7 subs and 3 in reserve to cover inevitable injuries etc. 

ETA: Surely to god we will get an #imminent tomorrow? 

Aye I don’t like the idea of a promising youngster sitting on the bench but I like the idea of us loaning him out and leaving us short even less.

Even though we’ve got Reading I still think Ecrepont would have a role to play this coming season.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I don’t like the idea of a promising youngster sitting on the bench but I like the idea of us loaning him out and leaving us short even less.

Even though we’ve got Reading I still think Ecrepont would have a role to play this coming season.

Can we not just recall him from the loan if need be?

20 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

I see kieran Wright has signed for Partick for season on loan so not him were bringing in

Thank god for that , I don’t think he is good enough ,  reports saying he has only played about a dozen games in 2 years between Alloa and Raith 

Edited by Robbo63

Maybe McKenzie is the player to be out sourced  as we still have Moore and Moff as cover as well as the three amigos from the midfield .  This is all assuming we get the mystery centre forward we’ve been waiting on . Come on Mark get on with it ! 

38 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Think you can but we then wouldn’t be able to loan him back out. 

Norwich just ended a loan of a player at St Mirren, then loaned him out to Iceland. All in the same window.

You could recall him and register him if it was within the transfer window. Once the window shuts I don't believe you could register him.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Norwich just ended a loan of a player at St Mirren, then loaned him out to Iceland. All in the same window.

You could recall him and register him if it was within the transfer window. Once the window shuts I don't believe you could register him.

He is under 21 so I don’t think they need to be registered! Skyline drifter will be able to confirm 

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, you appear to be missing the point that the window shuts BEFORE the lower divisions start this year.

19 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He is under 21 so I don’t think they need to be registered! Skyline drifter will be able to confirm 

All players need to be registered. Not sure where you get the idea that age makes any difference from? 

There are two distinct issues here. You can only play for two clubs in one season and you can only be recalled at 1st team level during a window. The window closes on 5th October, before we start playing, though lower division clubs can loan for the rest of October. I am uncertain whether you can recall a loan in the extra month though suspect not. If Ecrepont goes to Rovers and is still there after 5th Oct he cannot then play for Ayr's first team again until Jan 1st. You can cancel the loan whenever you like but you cant play him above reserve level. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, you appear to be missing the point that the window shuts BEFORE the lower divisions start this year.

TBH I do keep forgetting that its such a late start this season.

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

All players need to be registered. Not sure where you get the idea that age makes any difference from? 

Ryan's been playing football manager again

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:
12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Wtf is going on there? Cars all in a lovely circle, a miracle with all the pot holes in the car park emoji23.png

No idea what's going on, perhaps Robbo might now, unless it's Covid testing for the players but I doubt it

Wonder if it’s anything to do with the new offices and social club