The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

A good Ladeside man and would be a great addition, but probably just out of our reach.

Most of his CV is lower league,but your correct he’d be at the top end of our budget and I expect our priority is a centre forward . Can Robbo confirm if the triallist from the Thistle game is still around ?

18 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

We could sign Messi today and he’d find a negative in it, try not to get too bothered.

Of course I would. Couldn’t do it on a cold Saturday afternoon at an empty Gayfield. 

I'm still undecided on what to do about a season ticket because even if a time comes during this season when fans will be allowed back, i'm unsure if i'd be able to get to all the home games, last thing i'd want to do is take a season ticket and then hardly use it and someone else could have used that spot to get into Somerset if numbers are reduced.

Also think i'll wait and see what the first home game live stream is like quality wise, think i might just be quite happy paying the PPV each time tbh because i unfortunately believe that we probably won't be allowed into Somerset at all this season, hope i'm wrong though.

18 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'm still undecided on what to do about a season ticket because even if a time comes during this season when fans will be allowed back, i'm unsure if i'd be able to get to all the home games, last thing i'd want to do is take a season ticket and then hardly use it and someone else could have used that spot to get into Somerset if numbers are reduced.

Also think i'll wait and see what the first home game live stream is like quality wise, think i might just be quite happy paying the PPV each time tbh because i unfortunately believe that we probably won't be allowed into Somerset at all this season, hope i'm wrong though.

The club needs to sell all the season tickets it can . 

26 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Coverage I think will be pretty decent as it’s being done by AU Media ( their  highlight package is normally of a high standard) 

Edited by Robbo63

Wow, Neil Doncaster and Mike Mulroney on sportsound saying decision to stop crowds getting into grounds is a political not clinical choice.  Perhaps an indicator that they have nothing left to lose by ramping up the political pressure given the disaster our game is facing.  Delighted to finally hear some common sense on the issue.  About time our game stood up for itself.

20 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Coverage I think will be pretty decent as it’s being done by AU Media ( their  highlight package is normally of a high standard) 

I don't think AU Media do the highlights, it's @wuffster who does them.  Unless he's signed up on loan now! 

They do their own coverage I've not seen or heard outside the Interviews in YouTube. 

Edited by itzdrk

They are clowns, Doncaster just used several countries as an example that have horrendous Covid rates. 

Mulraney just used the two world wars analogy, the sign of a fuckwit, and said Alloa were in no danger of going if fans were not allowed in. 

Looks like Doncaster wanted to go on and hold someones hand willing to say any pish to back him up. 

6 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Wow, Neil Doncaster and Mike Mulroney on sportsound saying decision to stop crowds getting into grounds is a political not clinical choice.  Perhaps an indicator that they have nothing left to lose by ramping up the political pressure given the disaster our game is facing.  Delighted to finally hear some common sense on the issue.  About time our game stood up for itself.

Aye, Mulraney is at it. 

That’s a horror show of an interview and doesn’t bode well for the season ahead. Did he know much of this was coming but just letting a cat out the bag with the season starting. Did Anderson not provide the clubs with money that should have covered testing. He sounded so confident before when making the difficult decisions to relegate teams

Horror show?  Long overdue more like.  People don’t seem to want to engage with the basic arguments around risk.  Pubs, gyms, cinemas all open with safety protocols in place.  There is absolutely no reason why football should be treated any differently.  Comments from Doncaster and Mulroney were reasonable and balanced and reflect the need to protect the interests of the game.

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They are clowns, Doncaster just used several countries as an example that have horrendous Covid rates. 

Mulraney just used the two world wars analogy, the sign of a fuckwit, and said Alloa were in no danger of going if fans were not allowed in. 

Looks like Doncaster wanted to go on and hold someones hand willing to say any pish to back him up. 

Willie Miller and Neil McCann are now going on at length about the political decision rather than clinical. 

They have had the Clinical Director on Off the Ball every Saturday for six months explaining that. 

26 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I don't think AU Media do the highlights, it's @wuffster who does them.  Unless he's signed up on loan now! 

They do their own coverage I've not seen or heard outside the Interviews in YouTube. 

Yeah an i quite often see people commenting on their FB during games saying that the audio commentary has cut off etc

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Willie Miller and Neil McCann are now going on at length about the political decision rather than clinical. 

They have had the Clinical Director on Off the Ball every Saturday for six months explaining that. 

He hasn’t.  That’s the whole point.  The government has not explained why their is some special level of risk in relation to football matches versus e.g. letting people crowd into Braehead.  

55 minutes ago, North British said:

The club needs to sell all the season tickets it can . 

This is what ultimately swayed me. I also respected the chat from Lachlan that the directors would cover the losses even if no fans could get in. I've always been about if the directors show willing so will I. So I did.

Also in this new lockdown I was routing through boxes from when we moved a year ago and managed to flog a whole load of things (old computer components; routers etc.) on eBay so had money burning a hole in my pocket. No ming vases I'm afraid!

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Good to see we're starting the same political argument for about the 5th time as to why gyms, pubs and restaurants are open but football fans can't get back into stadia.....

@North British will be inbound for this argument

You got some problem with that?  We shouldn’t be having this debate?  Our national game is being driven into a ditch and the 2 organisations that run our game have just gone on national radio and stated it is a political rather than clinical choice.  If that’s not worth discussing, then I don’t know what is.  

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

You got some problem with that?  We shouldn’t be having this debate?  Our national game is being driven into a ditch and the 2 organisations that run our game have just gone on national radio and stated it is a political rather than clinical choice.  If that’s not worth discussing, then I don’t know what is.  

I think their opinion is wrong, Neil Doncaster said that the Albert Hall opening in England proved his point, what does that have to do with Scotland :lol:

33 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Hopefully its Wuffster's camera as the quality is top notch. Much better than BBC Alba's or BBC Scotland's for that matter. 

I'm not sure I care too much for commentary but its individual preference I guess. I'll have the kids in the background so doubt I'll hear it anyway tbh. 🤣