The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 11/11/2020 at 13:41, itzdrk said:

Alright, new pod up. 

I had Graeme Miller on as well as Stuart Wilson from the Ayrshire Post, it's done a little differently this week. 

Good listen again. 

Disappointed you didn't ask Stuart if he missed the leaks from McCall. 🤣

Good to hear about the Somerset Hub and also thought the discussion about negativity after a bad result on social media was interesting. I'd never thought of it from the perspective of club employees.

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Good listen again. 

Disappointed you didn't ask Stuart if he missed the leaks from McCall. 🤣

Good to hear about the Somerset Hub and also thought the discussion about negativity after a bad result on social media was interesting. I'd never thought of it from the perspective of club employees.

:lol:

Shared a shortened version this on Twitter last night: 

Butterfly effect:

Andy Geggan goal against Kilmarnock

Loses McCulloch punted no long after

Steve Clarke is back in Scotland

Qualify

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Hamilton have been given a 3-0 default win today after Albion Rovers have 3 covid cases in the squad.

Hopefully doesn't effect any of the Ayr boys as they're probably down training with us during the week still i'd imagine.

Hi when does Streaming start please. 

Don’t know if any of you lads are watching Gillette Soccer Saturday but they’ve just finished a feature on a Peterborough striker, Siriki Dembélé. He’s being touted for a possible move to the EPL but it was mentioned that he spent a year with Ayr United after leaving Dundee United. What a shame we didn’t realise his potential when he was with us, possibly a late developer. I don’t recognise the name, anyone shed any light on his time at Ayr?

1 hour ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Don’t know if any of you lads are watching Gillette Soccer Saturday but they’ve just finished a feature on a Peterborough striker, Siriki Dembélé. He’s being touted for a possible move to the EPL but it was mentioned that he spent a year with Ayr United after leaving Dundee United. What a shame we didn’t realise his potential when he was with us, possibly a late developer. I don’t recognise the name, anyone shed any light on his time at Ayr?

He's the older brother of Celtics Karamoko Dembele. He was with us but left to go to Peterborough. Don't think he ever had a professional contract, stand to be corrected on that though. The Academy would've been disappointed that he left, not sure if it was him, his agent or Peterborough that pushed for the move, but somethings clearly happened for him to leave us. 

Clearly wouldn't have been based on his ability. 

11 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I'm worrying more and more about ending up in a relegation battle every time I watch us, I hate to admit

The worry for me is how slow we look with no physical presence in the midfield.  It’s a joke, but I think we’ll have to try Muirhead in midfield.  

4 minutes ago, HMIP said:

The worry for me is how slow we look with no physical presence in the midfield.  It’s a joke, but I think we’ll have to try Muirhead in midfield.  

I can't quite put my finger on it.   Midfield for example strolled it for the majority of the game v Morton before we collapsed.  

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I can't quite put my finger on it.   Midfield for example strolled it for the majority of the game v Morton before we collapsed.  

Murdoch had a right good game - hopefully no sinister reason why he’s been dropped today.  I agree it’s ridiculous to tout Muirhead for the midfield, but heaven help us if we go to places like Arbroath with that midfield.