The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, North British said:

Some pure pain getting spouted by our fans today , many are hugely disappointed with how it’s went so far . However a couple of things to bare in mind , this summer has been a monster of a re-build , the one that McCall talked of and indeed ran away from . As of yet we have not been able to field our first choice defence . This has given Roscoe his chance and it’s fair to say he has not take it . Formation  wise we have gone with the exciting 4-2-3-1 . This systems has its drawbacks ,sometimes the three can go all rockstar and forget they to have to get stuck in . It’s looking like for some reason it ain’t working for the team in general and the classy Anderson in particular .Maybe the more old fashioned but widely understood 4-4-2 is the way to go for a while , particularly with the Scottish winter just about on us . This would allow us to get Cameron on the field and see if he is up to it . Also puts two of our four wingers on the bench with a bit of pressure to perform when they come on .

Dundee on Saturday and a 1-0 ugly win would be nice , let’s hope we can go and get . Oh and the league cup draw is on tv after the Hibs game today , we’re in it and the county rivals with treble our budget are not . So not everything is shit . Give Mark and his new team a chance lads ....

100% ALL OF THIS.

We've just won our betfred group, we've not been at our best in recent matches (ironically we were outstanding in our only defeat against Morton), however in this "horrendous run", we've managed a draw away at Inverness where we rarely get anything and were actually looking like nailed on for three points, and our recent home draw against a good Dunfermline side who are on an unbeaten run should hardly be viewed as a major failure either.

Add to this the fact that we've been without Walsh who many viewed as our top signing of the summer and Zanatta who has only just regained fitness.

Honestly, some of you need to take a good hard look at yourselves as you're behaving like petulant old firm fans with some of the comments on here.

Yes, we've not been at our best or at the level that we'd hoped for, but holy Christ, a sense of perspective please !!!

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What’s the best we’ll draw either Rangers or Celtic when there’s no fcking fans allowed in

That'd be good for me, I think Rangers are getting pretty good streaming numbers because of how they are playing, we'd get our 40% as usual still, I don't think they send someone round your house to spit at you to give you the away fan at Ibrox experience though. 

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That'd be good for me, I think Rangers are getting pretty good streaming numbers because of how they are playing, we'd get our 40% as usual still, I don't think they send someone round your house to spit at you to give you the away fan at Ibrox experience though. 

I’m not 100% but are clubs still allowed to stream the game if it’s on the tele? A game against either side of the old firm is likely to be on premier sports you’d think. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m not 100% but are clubs still allowed to stream the game if it’s on the tele? A game against either side of the old firm is likely to be on premier sports you’d think. 

Not in cups, don't think Rangers at Ibrox will be on TV (I'm saying Rangers because we never play Celtic). It's it's not them I'd like Livi. 

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Absolute scenes if we got one of the OF at home, how on earth would AU Media cope with about 30,000 people trying to watch a stream lol

Doesn't even bare thinking about. Would be an even bigger collapse for the club since the Morton game.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I'd change things up against Dundee, the formation is set and there isn't much of a way round using it unless we acquire a central midfielder with a bit more dynamism.  

My shake ups would be:

LINEUP111605447950769.thumb.png.4538c52424716d070ac1cc0b9f1dc784.png

Bench looks good for changing things up too. 

Wheres Muirhead? Not even on your bench. Are you leaving him out for indiscipline?

Edited by Trogdor

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Wheres Muirhead? Not even on your bench. Are you leaving him out for indiscipline?

Aye, extra week for me, bench otherwise.  In at right back again the week after if Houston remains on current form. 

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

100% ALL OF THIS.

We've just won our betfred group, we've not been at our best in recent matches (ironically we were outstanding in our only defeat against Morton), however in this "horrendous run", we've managed a draw away at Inverness where we rarely get anything and were actually looking like nailed on for three points, and our recent home draw against a good Dunfermline side who are on an unbeaten run should hardly be viewed as a major failure either.

Add to this the fact that we've been without Walsh who many viewed as our top signing of the summer and Zanatta who has only just regained fitness.

Honestly, some of you need to take a good hard look at yourselves as you're behaving like petulant old firm fans with some of the comments on here.

Yes, we've not been at our best or at the level that we'd hoped for, but holy Christ, a sense of perspective please !!!

Perspective?  We were rotten against Annan and needed a daft penalty to win.  We struggled to beat a very ordinary Queens team who would have rescued a point but for a wonder save at the death.  We couldn’t beat a seriously under strength Inverness, capitulated against s rotten Morton team and couldn’t muster a shot on target against Dunfermline.   And yesterday we couldn’t beat a league 2 side who should have been 2 up inside 20 minutes.

33 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is it not a three game ban for a straight red so would have one more game?

Pretty sure it was a 2 game ban so he should be back. SFA website has it as follows:

2 FIRST TEAM MATCHES IMMEDIATE