The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We are crap, no shape, no ideas, a quarter of the season gone and I still haven't worked out who is supposed to be doing what in the midfield or forward line. 

We have gone from being a formulaic, competent side to an inconsistent shambles in 9 months. You can forgive individual errors from young players as they are always going to happen, You can say we don't have the bodies to change the shape or we are light in numbers etc but we have played the core of a team all season and have looked disorganized, disjointed and incapable of defending. 

We need to make big changes in January if we have any hope of getting in to a play-off position. 

14 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Can we start those big changes by employing an actual manager pls?

Seems like a reasonable plan.  At the very least, Kerr needs better back up.  Maybe McCardle has something to offer with the whole sports science moneyball carry on, but the bottom line is that he has no experience of coaching professional football players.  We look flat, unfit and disorganised.  At no point since Kerr took over have we looked like we are progressing,

We are crap, no shape, no ideas, a quarter of the season gone and I still haven't worked out who is supposed to be doing what in the midfield or forward line. 
We have gone from being a formulaic, competent side to an inconsistent shambles in 9 months. You can forgive individual errors from young players as they are always going to happen, You can say we don't have the bodies to change the shape or we are light in numbers etc but we have played the core of a team all season and have looked disorganized, disjointed and incapable of defending. 
We need to make big changes in January if we have any hope of getting in to a play-off position. 

Exactly right.
We certainly know we can attack and score goals.
However we appear to have no organisation, leadership or anything else from the goalkeeper to midfield

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

We'll be like Morton and Dunfermline to a certain extent last season, mid table shitfest garbage, not good enough for top 4 but just good enough to avoid being dragged into bottom 3 IMO

A bad result against Morton midweek and we will be hoping that is how the season pans out. 

Only QOTS are on a worse run than us. 

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

We'll be like Morton and Dunfermline to a certain extent last season, mid table shitfest garbage, not good enough for top 4 but just good enough to avoid being dragged into bottom 3 IMO

I’m not convinced we aren’t going to be in a relegation battle. QOS are the only team that I can say with any confidence are definitely worse than us. 

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m not convinced we aren’t going to be in a relegation battle. QOS are the only team that I can say with any confidence are definitely worse than us. 

Even that's debatable, you not remember the first game of the season, they were way better than us and it was an absolute rob that we won that 2-1, Sinisalo won us that game

53 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Seems like a reasonable plan.  At the very least, Kerr needs better back up.  Maybe McCardle has something to offer with the whole sports science moneyball carry on, but the bottom line is that he has no experience of coaching professional football players.  We look flat, unfit and disorganised.  At no point since Kerr took over have we looked like we are progressing,

There it is.... after every single poor result!

What does Sports Science have to do with Moneyball? 

45 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Anyone fancy a relegation play off against Partick?

Today was a free hit and there has been a few overreactions and some revisionism on what Kerr inherited. Thats natural in the immediate aftermath of a defeat.

I've tried to give a summary as I see it:

9 league games in we have 3 wins; 3 draws and 3 losses. For me, its meh. When you consider the performances its probably slightly worse than meh.

Positives

4 clean sheets; 10 different goal scorers; Cammy Smith & Sinasalo have been very good.

Negatives

We've only performed in spells for games; When we concede one we're liabile to concede another soon after; Defense is very young; In midfield we don't seem to have a ball winner; Injuries - we've barely seen Walsh. 

Summary

Results haven't been good enough in the first 9 league fixtures. Kerr will know that himself. However, I've seen enough to trust that Kerr will get the best out of these players. We have a good squad which lacks a bit of experience, leadership and a real ball winner in middle. Something which the manager should be given the chance to rectify in January. 

The Championship is always a tight league, string a few results together and you can jump up the table. However, on their day anyone can beat anyone. Its so unpredictable.

I still believe we can finish fourth and have too much to get sucked into a relegation scrap. There's no doubt the pressure is building and we need to hit consistent form soon. Consistency has been a big issue for me, let's keep the faith. One thing that's evident to me (Arbroath apart) is that Kerr and McCardle know how to setup the team and they mix it up. They have a plan B and they're not afraid to resort to shitfesting if we have to (we may need to!). 

Onwards and upwards. Next up Morton on Tuesday let's get some revenge for the Halloween massacre.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

There it is.... after every single poor result!

What does Sports Science have to do with Moneyball? 

It’s really not that complicated.  As a full time team, we previously had a manager, assistant and highly experienced 1st team coach.  Now we have a rookie manager and an inexperienced assistant.  While McCardle’s background is very unconventional and his complete lack of experience was alarming from the outset, he maybe does have interesting ideas rooted in sports science and data analysis.    However, it’s clear they need both need help with the nuts and bolts of coaching a team.  I would challenge anyone to make the case that we have made any progress under Kerr.