The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hopkin might have seen something in Andre that he can work with so isn't in a rush to bolster options? Plus he's only been in the job 5 days so might not have had time to suss out what we need and who is in reach.

Personally feel we need a thug in the middle of the park as well a s an attacking option. Aero is fine there short term and doing a good job by all means, but it would make us far more solid having someone putting in tackles in front of the defense with Aero at the back mopping up anything missed. Shame Geggan is away to Partick, might have been just the signing to get us other the line defensively. 

Totally agree with the other posts on here about Aero being the POTY so far. 

Just now, Lochwood said:

Don’t know how if he’s been injured since he’s come in? Is he even training.

Trained 2 days last week and pulled up Thursday , I still don’t think he’s been match fit since he arrived 

2 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Don’t know much about him but I’d be surprised if Kyle Jacobs isnt Hopkins first signing, seems to follow him  when he’s in a job from his livingstone days, he any good?

He’s one of the very few players Morton fans actually rate at their club just now. I was also surprised to see he is only 29, I feel likes he’s been around for years. 

15 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Trained 2 days last week and pulled up Thursday , I still don’t think he’s been match fit since he arrived 

A guy who was on fire in Ireland and then the minute he turns up to us he turns to glass.

Only at Ayr United.....

A guy who was on fire in Ireland and then the minute he turns up to us he turns to glass.
Only at Ayr United.....

Tbf he would’ve finished in Ireland a few months before signing for us so there is every chance the guy wasn’t fit before signing. Similar to Gillespie when he finished at Derry City in October and didn’t kick a ball until January for us.

At the minute he’s in the unfortunate position that he doesn’t have the chance to win himself a new deal with us and will likely leave in the summer.

Do we not even have a CF in the youth sides that we could try out ??

Remember the way it used to be when you would just come across a Greg Shaw, chuck him in and bang, goals would appear ??

Exactly similar to Gillespie so you have to ask why Kerr chose to do it again. Surely just desperation again on his part.

Yeah I agree. The fact that he’d already been to Killie on a trial would suggest his agent just called Kerr to see if he fancied him instead of taking him away back to Ireland to play.

5 minutes ago, North British said:

That would be McKenzie then . 

I thought he was already in the 1st team squad though and has been for a couple of years now, I was more meaning someone we didn't know about.

Hopkin in the Ayrshire Post saying he’s looking to possibly add an attacker on loan however won’t be signing someone just for the sake of it. 

It’s going to be tough for him now to find someone good enough at this late stage.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s going to be tough for him now to find someone good enough at this late stage.

We have fucking loads of them, all who Hopkin deems 'good enough'. Take your pick.

No, seriously, please take your pick.

13 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

We have fucking loads of them, all who Hopkin deems 'good enough'. Take your pick.

No, seriously, please take your pick.

The important question is though do you actually have any good ones?

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can’t imagine the teams without managers or the ones fighting relegation will be keen to see players going out . That kind of narrows things down a bit . Noticed that Livingston and St Mirren seem to have plenty of strikers .