The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 hours ago, cop said:

Are there any updates you can give us @Finlay21. Any news on when we'll see the home shirt?

Home shirt certainly earlier than planned , news should come end of this week beginning of next , not announcing until confirmed delivery date 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Home shirt certainly earlier than planned , news should come end of this week beginning of next , not announcing until confirmed delivery date 

The fact it's earlier than planned is great and worrying.  Were they going to announce it on the morning of the opening game? 

17 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s Troon that’s organising it so I’d imagine it’ll be at Portland Park. 

Yeah was on Troon's twitter and seeing as it's their player I'd assume Portland.  I'd definitely go to that if possible.   That header v Killie was glorious 

9 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Yeah was on Troon's twitter and seeing as it's their player I'd assume Portland.  I'd definitely go to that if possible.   That header v Killie was glorious 

Was a player who always gave 110% for us. Wished we had more like him. Top guy too. 

It is astonishing to me that Keenan is due a testimonial at an entirely different club already. (It would also astonish me that Keenan is still playing, but astonishment #1 is bigger.)
He announced his retirement in the past few weeks, seems a good guy who goes to Ayr games as a fan with his kid.

26 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
43 minutes ago, Thumper said:
It is astonishing to me that Keenan is due a testimonial at an entirely different club already. (It would also astonish me that Keenan is still playing, but astonishment #1 is bigger.)

He announced his retirement in the past few weeks, seems a good guy who goes to Ayr games as a fan with his kid.

I always liked him as a player and he was exactly the type we were missing last season after Doc left us.

Ayr were in similar circumstances as they are now, a team of wasters who couldn’t care less.

Connor signing Stevenson, then Reid signing Keenan and McGowan were what kept us from going down, 3 players that gave everything for the club.
Sometimes a player flying in to a tackle and winning a ball can have the same effect on the crowd as a goal. Keenan was an energetic ball winner. Absolutely limited as a footballer but he was the type of player we were crying out for at the time.