The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

As part of the deal, United's top young talent will be given a direct pathway to the English Premiership at Turf Moor.

In return, Ayr will recruit some of Burnley's up and coming stars on loan deals, while the clubs will work closely on a range of off field interests.

All clubs’ academies and women’s teams will compete in a summer pre-season games and tournaments, while loan deals for the Clarets’ academy players to gain experience will also be considered.

Burnley, who will send their Under-23s north this summer, hope to schedule a pre-season friendly with Ayr so that United can run the rule over potential loan signings.

Cheers, let’s see what the talent tombola produces.

7 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Think McKenzie needs time in league 1 to develop to be honest. Can't see him playing week in week out once we have a full squad signed.

It's concerning the he has had 10 starting appearances and 29 sub appearances and has scored twice. 39 games and he has scored in one of them yet there was euphoria when he signed a contract extension 

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

To be fair, it isn’t just based on today’s result. It is a massive accumulation of things. 

Depends how well we recruit in the next 3 weeks, if it's not at least a couple of attacking midfielders and a striker then i'll get concerned, plus today we were missing 3 starters and by all accounts we could have scored a couple in the 1st half. 

Had kind of accepted myself that the Betfred Cup is going to be a write off this season 

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Depends how well we recruit in the next 3 weeks, if it's not at least a couple of attacking midfielders and a striker then i'll get concerned, plus today we were missing 3 starters and by all accounts we could have scored a couple in the 1st half. 

Had kind of accepted myself that the Betfred Cup is going to be a write off this season 

It does, but if we are planning to go into the first game of the season with half of our team having not played with each other then that’s going to be an issue too. 

Match report is pretty damning, no rolling it in glitter even on the official site. Pity we didn’t get to see how Morton got on, everyone else bar Partick won. Tomi unlikely to be on pens then….

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Watched Hopkins interview, he looks shattered. No positive spin and said it wasn’t good enough. Said it will be the same 11 on Tuesday as there is no one else.

at least we wont have to worry about a fixture backlog with cup games

He's lying, McAdams is injured. 

I’d give Hopkins until early Oct. if we’re 9th or 10th and getting “cast away” from those above us he needs to go. No point waiting until Jan and punting him as by that time it could be too late 
Could see him quitting tbh, just doesn't seem like he's that bothered.

Highlights are up, the commentator constantly saying ‘decent’ and ‘Adioli’ 😂 Not much to go on re the game generally, if One of Tomis chances goes in are we still complaining?

Edited by bazka6

55 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Depends how well we recruit in the next 3 weeks, if it's not at least a couple of attacking midfielders and a striker then i'll get concerned

Are you the Tory government's response to climate change?

17 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Highlights are up, the commentator constantly saying ‘decent’ and ‘Adioli’ 😂 Not much to go on re the game generally, if One of Tomis chances goes in are we still complaining?

I recall the desperate crowd of happy-clappers who said that Scotland's 96th-minute wins and draws against central Europe's finest basketball nations were fine. That went well eh.

27 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

if One of Tomis chances goes in are we still complaining?

Papering over the cracks and delaying the inevitable surely? It is about results of course it is, but when they go against us then its only natural that people will criticise the style of play and transfer dealings so far. It comes with the territory I'm afraid. 

I don't think it's too much to ask that a full time Championship team can go to Cliftonhill and get a win. Even to win on penalties? That was even beyond us. 

That this team is the culmination of weeks / months of planning by the existing management team who were in place from last season makes it even more scandalous. 

So yes is the short answer. 

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

McAdam is certainly no Greg Fleming when it comes to pens just seemed to drop to one side was never going to save any of them unless it was straight down his throat.

Yeah kinda looked like he just fell over