The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Didn’t play yesterday, hasn’t been seen in pre season either. Livi fans were saying he might be off but I doubt it’ll be to us.

We nearly had him when Kerr came in as well but injuries meant he got back into the Livi team.

18 hours ago, North British said:

Sibald is more lightly to show up at the Pars or the like . I’d be more inclined to be looking at Keaghan Jacobs , played for Hoppy before , 31 years old . But yes pure guess work .

If he's off it'll be to a far better team than us. He's our best midfielder, absolutely no chance he would drop a division. He's also under contract for the season but it'd take 300k+ to even get close. He took a knock in the last game of the season and has been recovering since then, just left out as a precaution where we can afford to. He travelled and trained in our pre-season training camp in Spain

Edited by ATLIS

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

If he's off it'll be to a far better team than us. He's our best midfielder, absolutely no chance he would drop a division. He's also under contract for the season but it'd take 300k+ to even get close. He took a knock in the last game of the season and has been recovering since then, just left out as a precaution where we can afford to. He travelled and trained in our pre-season training camp in Spain

Okay that's very clear and to the point . Any idea who the two are that Martindale was talking about on Saturday ,when he alluded to two players going out and loan .

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’re apparently looking to sign 4 or 5 players before the Killie game.

Where has this been said?  In Ayrshire post I think he said 3 or 4 and that was before Albinson was signed. 

ETA: Just seen tweet from Voice

Edited by ayrunitedfw

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Wonder if that includes the two Burnley loans

There's way too much importance being made of this link up with Burnley. 

Yes it's nice to have and if we get above average players then great but with the recent announcement of one of their players going elsewhere on loan (Accrington I think), I think its clear we aren't getting their very top prospects.

If that's the case then whoever we get should be seen as a bit of squad depth firstly, anything else they can offer is hopefully an inexpensive bonus. 

Today's training included how to press teams. I may have misheard and it included de.

Didn't look like McAdams was one of the GK's but could be wrong as I then realised I've never seen him in the flesh. Also I was sure I noticed Fjortoft so given the team news above my scouting mission clearly wasn't very good.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

image.thumb.png.34a34f48d13a9f5938c82f5c628999b1.png

Glad to hear it, was beginning to question, due to Hopkins demeanour, if we actually had any, talk is cheap right enough. Would expect that includes the 2 Burnley loans.

Edited by bazka6

Just having a look at the Burnley U23's and they are due to play Rangers on Wednesday and have pencilled in another game on Saturday but no details (says tbc) I am assuming thats against us as we dont have a LC game that day?

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/content/u23s-to-start-warm-up-at-rangers

Also whats the odds of our loan player being Mick Mellon's son?

13 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Just having a look at the Burnley U23's and they are due to play Rangers on Wednesday and have pencilled in another game on Saturday but no details (says tbc) I am assuming thats against us as we dont have a LC game that day?

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/content/u23s-to-start-warm-up-at-rangers

Also whats the odds of our loan player being Mick Mellon's son?

Yes it is.