The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don’t think he hired Duffy knowing he’d be shite.

he may still be paying Hopkins for the next 18 months and Duffy was the cheap option to compensate that.

Or Duffy managed to convince him he was the right man for the job.

either way, we are going down at this rate.

You can blame Hopkin for brutal recruitment but we didn’t bring in additional midfielders when we needed them and today we are playing 3 up front, Afolabi looks like he’s won a competition to play in a charity game.  O’Conner is playing through the middle and I don’t think McKenzie has been told where to play. 

no wide players mean the full backs are exposed and the only out ball is to Afolabi, who hasn’t managed to control a ball in the last 10 games. Duffy has set us up to play like this for the last 3 games and it still hasn’t worked.

Get him out. This must be the most expensive fuckup in Ayrs history. We finally get a chairman with money, willing to invest in the future of the club and he is making a total arse of it.

Cameron made mistakes to begin with but he never funded a full time team and none were as bad as Hopkin and now Duffys full time efforts. 
I’d like to think that the players got a roasting at half time but as we saw last week, it won’t work

I looked through that in hopes to debate with you as this drivel has put me in the mood. However, everything you've said is 100% correct and I couldn't agree more.

Hopkin and Duffy, to me, feel like cheap options. The fact he's not got a director or something in to help him with onfield decisions, shouts out a man with too much pride. Ask for help because your team needs it 😡

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Never mind, beat the teams around us and get through to the summer some on here were saying not so long ago. 

The hub will be christened by a car full from Cove at this rate. 

Be able to fit both sets of fans in if we keep this.The entire home support and the away car. 

We have played the exact same way as last week but with different players. Either Duffy is as arrogant as Hopkin and is convinced it’ll come good or he is fucking clueless and is trying to boost his pension before he is found out.

Hopefully he’ll walk away because Smith won’t admit to fucking us over again. 

Does anytime actually think we’re going to get rid of Duffy before the end of the season. Sadly I don’t think so. Smith has already fucked it twice so even if we do I’m not confident the next appointment will be the correct one. 

Yogi Hughes was available and interested and we didn’t even ask the question. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Does anytime actually think we’re going to get rid of Duffy before the end of the season. Sadly I don’t think so. Smith has already fucked it twice so even if we do I’m not confident the next appointment will be the correct one. 

No, because prob can't afford to. Either chuck money getting rid of him or use it to allow him to bring players in in January. God knows what state we will be in by then though

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

No. Unless he walks of course.

Yogi Hughes was apparently interested, but wanted the club to rollout the red carpet for him and didn't bother applying through the proper channels. If he really wanted the job, he should have applied.

Edited by Richey Edwards

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

No. Unless he walks of course.

Yogi Hughes was apparently interested, but wanted the club to rollout the red carpet for him and didn't bother applying through the proper channels. If he really wanted the job, he should have applied.

Why are we too big to actually go after a candidate... who gives a f**k if he wanted to be approached!

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yogi Hughes was apparently interested

Not rated by some shrewd judges on here apparently. That turned out for the best. 

We're in the mess we are in because there's been too much dithering since Hopkin left. Let's go with one of his coaches until the end of the season, I doubted it at the time and I'm still baffled by that decision now. 

When Hopkin left, his coaching team should have followed him. It really is that simple. 

On 31/10/2021 at 08:17, Shibuya said:

How many times is Zanatta going to score that same goal this season? Great finish but you could see it coming as soon as he got the ball. 

Only going by the highlights but looked very much a game of two halves, just a shame our good half is never quite good enough!

We played like this against Raith, narrow, one up front and got rid of the ball as quickly as possible. We go to 3 up front and keep possession, almost get a draw. We do the same against Inverness and we’re lucky to only get a draw.

the last 2 games we have stuck to the quick balls, it didn’t work against thistle and it hasn’t worked today.

We’ve not had possession for more than 2 passes in the oppositions half in the last 2 games because of how we play.

We know we can play a different way that is better to watch and gets results, albeit draws in most cases but that was the only hope to get us to January.

Please leave Jim Duffy, you can bow out gracefully this weekend because if we play like that again, the atmosphere will be as bad as Hopkins last game. 

31 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Never mind, beat the teams around us and get through to the summer some on here were saying not so long ago. 

The hub will be christened by a car full from Cove at this rate. 

Well yeah, 14 points now between 5th and 6th. Surely that has to still be the aim.