The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Definitely the 3 you've mentioned but add in O'Connor, Maxwell and Bradley. All capable players if playing positive football, playing to at least have a go at teams. To keep possession and not be part of a reactive back to the wall performance for 90 minutes. 

When teams are setup not to lose and not playing to the individuals strengths then we're on a losing battle before a ball has even been kicked. 

That's on the manager. I don't see any real change of formation or emphasis during the game, when we're winning or losing. That's on the manager. 

His hands are tied, I get that. As gas previously been mentioned I still don't know how Moffat can't have more of a part to play in this team. 

Murdoch has previously been lauded on here as looking as good post injury, in flashes this season. In the right team he'd be a decent Championship player. 

In short, there's a nucleus of a squad there that a half decent manager could get us through to January with comfortably enough. 

Murdoch is still a good footballer between his ears.  But when we come up against a team that can move the ball around reasonably quickly, he is consistently being found wanting.  Doesn’t help that Chalmers is even slower.  

I do rate Maxwell and would sign him permanently if that was an option.  Jury is out on Bradley and O’Connor for me - feels like we are seeing what we want to see with those two - call it the “Adeloye Effect”.

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

John Robertson is unlikely, in a job and in the north east.

Craig Levein? Currently at Brechin, can be a good manager but can also do weird shit. 
Moffat? No indication he’d be any good

Levein I think would be the best option. Out with that, who knows

Would he come to Ayr though? Kettlewell, John Collins.... Terry Butcher still managing?

16 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Cue Callum's opening question on Black and White TV in his typically understated style:

"So Jim, you must bitterly disappointed with that result today?" 

Frankly on the usual scale this is only just down from "so c**t, why have you not resigned yet?"

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Would he come to Ayr though? Kettlewell, John Collins.... Terry Butcher still managing?

Kettlewell didn’t do enough to convince me he was a capable manager. Collins will no doubt have had offers since Hibs but I don’t think he’s interested or likely to come to Ayr

Terry Butcher is based down south now and hasn’t been involved in Scottish football for about 15 years 

18 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Cue Callum's opening question on Black and White TV in his typically understated style:

"So Jim, you must bitterly disappointed with that result today?" 

No, no, no. His opening gambit will be:

"So Jim, it could all have been so different if Afolabi had been given that stonewall penalty kick, couldn't it? Things just didn't go our way today did they?"

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

There must have been a bust up with Moffat.  The idea that he can’t even get in the squad ahead of trash like Afolabi and Adeloye is a joke.

He left 10 minutes into today’s game , think that tells a story 

1 minute ago, rgreig said:

No, no, no. His opening gambit will be:

"So Jim, it could all have been so different if Afolabi had been given that stonewall penalty kick, couldn't it? Things just didn't go our way today did they?"

You win... that'll be it.

laugh surprise GIF

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Because of the dreadful PR and arrogance coming out of the club, the hub has now become a bone of contention.

it’ll come a point where folk will be telling the club where to stick the hub 

To be fair the only good news happening at the club is the Hub , nothing can change on the playing side until January , club have nothing positive to say on playing side 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Pretty sad way for Moffat’s time to end given all he’s done for the club.  We’ve not seen much of him this season, but the times he has appeared he looked like he could still contribute something.  

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

At face value, he's being treated dreadfully. For a long time servant of our club that's not acceptable. 

He knows the game, seeing how this lot are being setup must be boiling his blood to be honest. That he's not even part of trying to make it better must hurt him even more. 

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Duffy was still a better appointment than Grant at least.

There was always a concern that we had played the 2 worst set-ups in the league and we would start to struggle against better teams. That was kind of the case, we were competitive for at least some of the games but often gave teams a goal of a start. 

the last 2 weeks, we have just conceded. No one is interested any more. It is the easiest beat Ayr team I’ve ever seen